Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Alert To All Members Of The Senate!

Page: 1 of 1
 GIR
12-11-2001, 11:04 PM
GO TO THE MSN GAMING ZONE I IMPLORE YOU AND SEE WHAT HAS BECOME OF GB!! IT IS A NIGHTMARE. I URGE ALL MODERATORS AND PEOPLE OF THE SENATE TO SPREAD THE WORD! I KNOW THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FORUM BUT MY GOD! ALOT OF PEOPLE ON THESE FORUMS PLAY ON THE ZONE AND THEY WILL BE OUT OF MP GAMING! IM NOT USING G-SPY BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SHELL OUT 20 BUCKS FOR IT. MAYBE I SHOULD DO THAT? ANYWAY THIS IS GRAVE NEWS TELL ALL FORUMERS I IMPLORE YOU! IT'S TIME FOR THE SENATE TO ACT. SEND E-MAILS TO THE ZONE, SEND BARRAGES, SEND BARRAGES OF E-MAILS, I DON'T CARE JUST GET OUR FREE MP GAMING BACK!
 Paragon_Leon
12-12-2001, 4:06 AM
maybe you can be a bit more specific without the CAPS glued to your finger..

I take it MSN is about to charge money for Zone-use...
you'll probably find that the majority of gamers will shy away from the Zone because of this. The Senate will only work with recorded IP games...
 Supreme Warlord
12-12-2001, 9:43 AM
That should not be possible Gir. The Zone do not charge money. THey are a free online gaming community and if they do this then something is up. I must see proof first. I refuse to believe that the Zone will charge money. Perhap you been pulled a prank by a hacker or something?
 GIR
12-12-2001, 10:37 AM
ME? PULL A PRANK? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAH!! OH VERY FUNNY WARLORD. I am quite serious. You wanna see proof than go there for yourself
I know the Senate only cares about ip but i just need mp gaming, i thrive on it.
 Supreme Warlord
12-12-2001, 10:46 AM
Okay man... I will not say anymore on this matter but I think the MSN wont do it.
 captain_drake
12-12-2001, 10:47 AM
they whoudn't cahrge money whould thay:freakout:
 BountyHunter
12-12-2001, 10:58 AM
Well I'm not to sure what GIR was talking about in his post. I was just at the Zone and it seems they just changed the system so that you have to use the MS passport system that Micrsoft uses for a lot of their internet apps.

If GIR could be so kind as to post a link to what he was referring to that would be great. Otherwise I could'nt find anything and I am logged on right now getting ready to play a game! :boushh:
 Paragon_Leon
12-12-2001, 10:59 AM
I checked the Zone and didn't find anything out of the ordinary...
perhaps you could post a direct link to whatever it is you are upset about ?
 duder
12-12-2001, 11:06 AM
when i went on last night all the rooms had been removed!!!???

:eek: :confused: :(
 Lord Tirion
12-12-2001, 4:01 PM
I think some people are just getting carried away when they saw that the zone went down yesterday to upgrade their login site. All this was for was to cut down on people smurfing and using stupid dewd talk names for their zone names.
 captain_drake
12-12-2001, 4:05 PM
:p
phew thats a major relif

i don't have a credit card and my mom whould :eyeraise: frist and then :freakout:
 darthfergie
12-12-2001, 6:12 PM
Well since this has basically nothing to do with the Senate Its going to Galactic Discussion...or not...SEE LEON!!! THIS IS WHY YOU NEED MORE THAN ONE MOD IN HERE!!!

Because arn't we going have a mod-like forum separate from this and make this just discussion about the Senate???
 Paragon_Leon
12-13-2001, 7:12 AM
it's not too bad... after all, aren't you and i discussing Senate-things in this particular thread ? :D

This forum will be about the Senate in general, yes.. People can express views, bring things to Senators' attention and respond to official Senate-statements.

The closed-off room in this forum, that will be made, is for Senators only and will mainly serve as the debate-ground in official meetings.

This weekend will see the first one. If that room is put up these coming days. I already contacted Chris on that.
 BountyHunter
12-13-2001, 3:58 PM
Heres a link about the changes on the "Zone". It basically just says that they are changing over their system. If it (a game) was free before then it will be free now. :boushh:

http://zone.msn.com/zzzz/zzzznetpassportchat.asp)
 Supreme Warlord
12-14-2001, 10:55 AM
Man GIR you dont need to send out alarm until you throughly look through it first. Now that was a false alarm...:o
 GIR
12-14-2001, 9:49 PM
YOU TRY JOINING THE .NET THING! WASTE HOURS OF YOUR TIME!
Plz don't tell me i've lost all of my credibility.
 GIR
12-14-2001, 9:50 PM
AND BY THE WAY I NEVER SAID THEY WOULD CHARGE MONEY FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 of 1