Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

HI there !!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Wraith 8
12-11-2001, 5:33 PM
Hi all....
My name is Wraith 9 and since all these forums joined up i was just wandering around to other forums. well euh..... WHAAAAATS UUUUUPP :D
What keeps you guys busy...

What is this game like if i may ask..... im still guesing it is a game tho :D... but what is it like and what do you do... what are the goals and what KIND of game is it???

ah. wel just wanted to know that..... i will probably see you all again.... CYA

-Wraith 9-
 SyntheticGerbil
12-11-2001, 5:36 PM
It has a whole lot of S&M.
 Setion
12-11-2001, 9:24 PM
Please Don't.
 Wraith 8
12-12-2001, 2:43 PM
Originally posted by SyntheticGerbil
It has a whole lot of S&M.

No!!! realy???? i didnt know.

Originally posted by Setion
Please Don't.

Dont what???

I see that nobody here can give me an answer about this right??
 Schmatz
12-12-2001, 3:38 PM
This post looks famailiar. Oh that's right.... in the MOJO FORUMS! Geez I'm sure you could figure it out by the forum name slick. Go back to your fun fun Star Wars games.
 The Dogfuchow
12-12-2001, 3:44 PM
dear lord
 SyntheticGerbil
12-12-2001, 4:29 PM
Is it Sadism & Masochism or Sadist & Masochist?
 Setion
12-12-2001, 6:03 PM
I was adviced to be nice, but pretty pretty please can I be harsh?
 Jake
12-12-2001, 6:06 PM
I think that you, wraith9, are a crazyperson. :ewok: If you want to know more about Sam & Max check the links at the bottom of the forum. Very bottom.
 Setion
12-12-2001, 6:12 PM
Right, the one that says FORUM JUMP.
 Wraith 8
12-12-2001, 6:21 PM
OK!!!! i can see when a guy is not welcome.... ill leave then..
man..... WELL GUYS.... NICE KNOWING YA ALL (NOT!)

and i wont be seeing you all.
 Andrei
12-12-2001, 6:24 PM
*sniff*

He will be missed.

Since when did guys from the Netherlands say "y'all," anyway?
 Boba Rhett
12-12-2001, 6:41 PM
Jeez guys. He was just asking a question. :(
 Rogue15
12-12-2001, 6:46 PM
I only know one thing about Sam & Max. It has a white rabbit in it. other than that, i have no clue.
 sheaday6
12-12-2001, 7:01 PM
He's not coming back any time soon. Oh well, the number of people that regularly post on this forum has gone back to around 10:eek:.

Wraith 9---->:x-wing:

_____:swear:_____:swear:<-------Sam & Max Forums
 Metallus
12-12-2001, 7:04 PM
I wish I had something to say here. I don't think that you guys were being fair to Wraith, but this is a community that's been around for a long time with just a few people keeping it up, and from the looks of it, doesn't deal well with people who don't know that much about the game.
 iisaac
12-12-2001, 7:06 PM
Back at STISH these sort of things wouldn't happen. First off, because we didn't have newbies. Second, because no one ever bothered to reply. Third, because all the jerks left the board when I wouldn't take their ****. How about some moderation, please? You can start by deleting this post.
 sheaday6
12-12-2001, 7:06 PM
i agree :tsk:
 Schmatz
12-12-2001, 7:15 PM
Hey, I was only mad because he posted the same thing at the mixnmojo forums. I think he's going and spamming every forum with his crap about "Duhhhhhh.... Is Sam and Max a game?" He thought mixnmojo was a game. Igjit

sheaday i like the thingy heh heh

Better an igjit(sp) then a bonehead.
 Rogue15
12-12-2001, 7:45 PM
nah, Wraith9 isn't a spammer.
 Schmatz
12-12-2001, 7:47 PM
Shrug (I'm taking Met's line!) I dunno. He just posted that on mixnmojo too, so it got me kinda annoyed.
 Jester
12-12-2001, 9:17 PM
Would it have been that hard just to tell the guy?

Maybe he wanted to know about the game, and came to a Sam and Max messageboard. What nerve! Some dumb idea he had.
 Ikhnaton
12-12-2001, 9:38 PM
Jebus, people! what happened to common courtesy? There are many Lucas gamers who have not played anything other than Star Wars games. I have no idea what the hell this game is about. You wanna flame me too?

Look, folks, I don't give a flying fish about what games you like and what games you don't like. We're all in this together, the IndyJonesers, the SWers, the EMIers and the Mojo peeps. I know the mojo crowd has been granted a bit more leeway in how they run things, but that doesn't give you the right to flame one of my posters. We at XWA and RS are making the effort to be as welcoming as we can to those who did not frequent the forums before, I suggest you all start doing the same.
 Metallus
12-12-2001, 9:42 PM
Originally posted by iisaac
Back at STISH these sort of things wouldn't happen. First off, because we didn't have newbies. Second, because no one ever bothered to reply. Third, because all the jerks left the board when I wouldn't take their ****. How about some moderation, please? You can start by deleting this post.

I only moderate in moderation, and I don't respond well to people barking orders at me. I think this is a valid thread that proves that there's still some issues to be worked out, so if you don't like that this thread is still here, tough. Back at STISH, your technique cost you a lot of traffic. Here, traffic is inevitable, so we have to deal with the occasional "newbie", and might as well at least try to be civil.
 Setion
12-12-2001, 10:35 PM
Hey! I was nice!
 sheaday6
12-12-2001, 10:57 PM
TO PUT THIS WHOLE THING AT REST:

yes Sam & Max is a game, but the game was based of a comic by Steve Purcell. Theres been a game, a series of comics, and a series of shows. And yes there is a rabbit, the rabbit's name is Max. There is also Sam, the dog in the suit. They "savagely protect the rights of the innocent" as freelance police yadda yadda yadda

If anyone would like to add to this or correct me or something, be my guest :D
 Metallus
12-12-2001, 11:34 PM
Theres been a game, a series of comics, and a series of shows.

Correct, but not in that order :).
 Jake
12-12-2001, 11:38 PM
Hey guys!! :D

Posts won't be deleted unless someone gets ripped on so much that they Private Message me and ask for the post to be deleted. Or if the post is so retarded that it's intolerable and I manage to delete it before someone replies to it with something funny. One funny reply to a lame post and it stays forever.

Also iisaac it didn't happen at STISH because STISH had no newbies... Is that supposed to be a good thing? Arguably there are good newbies and bad newbies but in general they're good. Note your board had about one or two posts a day tops before it shut down.
 Jester
12-12-2001, 11:54 PM
I've sent a PM to wraith apologizing for the behaviour, and explaining sam and max to him.

It wasn't hard. Just as easy as it is to insult the poor guy.
 Metallus
12-13-2001, 2:42 AM
Thank you, Jester.
 GUNNER
12-13-2001, 3:44 AM
Ok boys, why the need to be snotty. He asked a question and you act like this is your private forum.

Schmatz, for your information I didn't know what mojo was either till I asked. Since the forums have all become one community lots of us have been moving around and trying to get involved with other forums. Wraith was only trying to be polite. How will we ever broaden our horizons if we don't venture out of our comfort zones.

Who cares what he posted on another board, are you going around following him or something?

And as far as noobs are concerned I wouldn't be using that word to loudly, have you looked at your registered date?

I happen to hang out at RS.Net and XWA with Wraith and consider him a good guy and respected poster and I don't take to kindly to people who act in haste about an outsider just because they don't know him/her.

Please next time show some consideration.....comprende?
 Metallus
12-13-2001, 4:16 AM
At the risk of losing what's left of the support for my modding abilities here, I agree with Gunner for the most part. The truth is, NO ONE is used to how things work here at LF.com yet. And what's more, the Sam and Max boards here are the newest to join, so the regulars here are going through what others went through when these first opened up. We're all new to this megalopolis of LEC fora, so the least we can do is respect those who want to do a little bit of traipsing to other boards to establish ties or just see what's going on. You don't have to like the fact that a person doesn't know what Mixnmojo is, or hasn't played Sam and Max, but you have to deal with it nonetheless.
 iisaac
12-13-2001, 5:02 AM
Next time I use the word please I'll make sure not to bark it.

Board (LF SNM.net S&M Discussion) :: Forum (Anything) :: Thread (Hi there!) :: Post (Mine)
 Ikhnaton
12-13-2001, 12:16 PM
Thanks for your cooperation, Jake et al.
 Jester
12-13-2001, 2:07 PM
He's responded to me with thanks and promises to play the game - because it looks fun. Perhaps after he does so (or gets a bit stuck) he'll return, and we can do it right this time.
 Schmatz
12-13-2001, 3:39 PM
I see all I do is cause trouble, so I'm outta here.
 S1DC
12-13-2001, 4:25 PM
Talk about your immature forums. What, you guys are 10 and 12, right?:rolleyes:
 Jester
12-13-2001, 5:25 PM
Touche.
 Setion
12-13-2001, 7:19 PM
Thanks a lot for that totally insightful and helpful comment, I can't believe what philisophical gatherings it took to fathom.

No, you really aren't pointing out something that we totally realize, at all
 Metallus
12-13-2001, 7:22 PM
S1, that doesn't help things. This was pretty much resolved already; no need to pick at scabs. That causes infection.
 sheaday6
12-13-2001, 9:16 PM
good analogy
 Darth_Rommel
12-13-2001, 9:26 PM
*reads post* Jeez. Maybe I should stick to RS... :/
 Schmatz
12-13-2001, 9:39 PM
And I see no one cares. Geez, some people are *******s.
 sheaday6
12-13-2001, 10:46 PM
we put the thing to rest a long time ago! WHY DO YOU PEOPLE DRAW THIS OUT?!:swear:
 Schmatz
12-13-2001, 10:58 PM
Well, it seems that I am to blame for everything, so I don't know why I am still here. All I hear is "Schmatz did this... did that..." and I am heavily critiscized for my opinions. Now, I have no problem with your opinions of my opinions, but it always seems to be me. I honestly am also disturbed by the Star Wars invasion of Rs.net and BG.com posters into this forum. They seem to just pop up. I'm not saying they shouldn't come to the forums, I just don't want them coming to hear sticking up for Wraith whatever number he is because he was made fun of at these forums. These are the Sam and Max.net forums... WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?!?!?!?!? :D Anyways, I'll glance in here every now and then, but won't be a realy consistant poster.
 sheaday6
12-13-2001, 11:07 PM
1. No one blamed you
2. No on is on trial
3. ITS JUST A FORUM
 Metallus
12-14-2001, 1:26 AM
This thread is the cause of much misery, so I'm going to close it on Jake's request, but I have something to add first.

Schmatz, I'm going to have to disagree with your use of the word 'invasion' to discribe this.

Whatever quibbles that adventure fans have with the SW communities are going to have to be put to rest, since we're now equal in the eyes of the admins of LF.com.

Being a member here gives people the right to post in any forum that they wish, whether or not said people have played any games from "genre A"; we don't have the technology to block people from entrance on those grounds, and I, for one, don't see the use of blocking potential gamers from here.

The idea of this as an 'invasion' makes this seem like this is something to do with teams or sides. Like Sheaday said, it's just a forum. My advice for people who wish to pounce on the next unexpecting non-SM fan who posts here: Just ignore them. If you don't have something constructive to say, don't risk getting punished for harrassment down the line, and simply don't say anything at all.

*lock*
Page: 1 of 1