Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Let's get this party started

Page: 1 of 1
 Young David
12-11-2001, 4:22 PM
Since this senate thing is going on for a loooooooooong time now, we need to know if you're all alive.

So if you're name is on the list, say hi and thank all who voted for you. We can't have inactive senators, so let us show you're active.

here's the list:

Lord Tirion
Boba Rhett
Young David
darthfergie
Thrawn
Eets'chula
Darth_Rommel

Le'me start... I'd like to thank everyone who voted for me, you won't regret it. I will always be here ...

Let's get this party started !!!!
 Tie Guy
12-11-2001, 4:35 PM
Just a little note to all the senate members.

I'll be watching the proceedings, and i will still get things said even if i can't actually post there, so expect messages from me.
 Young David
12-11-2001, 4:38 PM
That's the spirit Tie ... Maybe when someone drops out you will be in, but that's something that has to be discussed 'inside'.
 Paragon_Leon
12-11-2001, 4:59 PM
Well, if Rommel doesn't return from his indignant exit, i suppose one Senate-seat is open.. I won't have one seat sit vacant all the while and then have a member come around after months.

Btw: YD, careful with the Toby Mac-references... The Senate is far from having 'momentum'... hehe..
 Lord Tirion
12-11-2001, 5:28 PM
"hi and thank all who voted for you"

There, I said it =P
 darthfergie
12-11-2001, 5:31 PM
Back on topic *glares at Leon for daring to go off the topic;) *

Thank you...all 20 of you...for voting DARTHFERGIE:)
 Darth_Rommel
12-11-2001, 6:01 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
Well, if Rommel doesn't return from his indignant exit, i suppose one Senate-seat is open.. I won't have one seat sit vacant all the while and then have a member come around after months.

Btw: YD, careful with the Toby Mac-references... The Senate is far from having 'momentum'... hehe..

*hand fires up*

I'm here, SIR!

I'll still participate in the senate, I just won't be doing much else here... :D
 Supreme Warlord
12-12-2001, 9:51 AM
I am agree with TIE GUY. I will be watching this Senate very closely because you are the first generation of the Senate. It is you that will determine if the Senate will be ignored or not ignored. Your actions will determine the future of the Senate. So you will have more pressure than the other Senators in the future. I do have faith that this Senate will pass with flying color. Good luck guys!:)
 captain_drake
12-12-2001, 10:13 AM
hey warlord lets hope some people drop out and get your rightfull place on the sentate

Viva warlord :D
 Tie Guy
12-12-2001, 3:18 PM
Originally posted by captain_drake
hey warlord lets hope some people drop out and get your rightfull place on the sentate

Viva warlord :D

rightful place, eh? He's only been here...what?...two weeks? Thats hardly enough qualifications if you ask me. Still, in 6 months during re-elections he has a good chance.

Besides, we've already voted, so if someone dropped out then the next person in line by votes would take the spot. Or, the senate members might choose a new senator themselves. It definately wouldn't be worth it to do another election that takes over 2 weeks to accomplish and is a big hassle.
 Paragon_Leon
12-12-2001, 3:34 PM
that's the general idea and it's also why we went with about 15 people into a second voting round. This way we already have almost an entire back-up council if needed.
 Supreme Warlord
12-12-2001, 3:35 PM
I do agree with you TIE GUY. IT would be a big hassle to hold another election. I whole heartly agree with the term limits. I hope you get in TIE GUY if Darth_Rommel does not agree to Leon Decree. I will issue a complaint in a couple of days if Rommel is no longer speaking on the forum and yet keeping the Senate seat warm. Captain Drake, it would be nice to think that the Senate seat is rightfully mine but I only have been here for like two weeks(look at my post! WHHEEEE! j/k). :D
 Tie Guy
12-12-2001, 9:18 PM
Originally posted by Supreme Warlord
I do agree with you TIE GUY. IT would be a big hassle to hold another election. I whole heartly agree with the term limits. I hope you get in TIE GUY if Darth_Rommel does not agree to Leon Decree. I will issue a complaint in a couple of days if Rommel is no longer speaking on the forum and yet keeping the Senate seat warm. Captain Drake, it would be nice to think that the Senate seat is rightfully mine but I only have been here for like two weeks(look at my post! WHHEEEE! j/k). :D

Thanks, but we should at least give Rommel to the first meeting, AT LEAST! He's way to valuable and good to abandon in every respect. I still hope he will come back, and expect him back soon.
 darthfergie
12-13-2001, 6:02 PM
He said he wants a week or so off...:(
Well Like you said...lets wait till the first meeting...
 Supreme Warlord
12-14-2001, 10:52 AM
Almost a week has pass... I will issue a complaint within a day and a half. If he does not show signs of activities then he deserves to get off the Senate Seat and allow TIE GUY who is more active to serve.
 Darth_Rommel
12-14-2001, 6:02 PM
Originally posted by Supreme Warlord
Almost a week has pass... I will issue a complaint within a day and a half. If he does not show signs of activities then he deserves to get off the Senate Seat and allow TIE GUY who is more active to serve.

Why do you hate me so much? Why don't I deserve a seat? Why do you decide who is worthy and who is not? Do I have to post 30 a day to stay in the senate? You've only been here for 2 weeks... why do you act as if you know EVERYTHING about EVERY aspect of the senate?

AND why are sucking up to Dave? ;)
 darthfergie
12-14-2001, 6:28 PM
Uh...Rommel...I hope Tie Guy doesn't mind people using his name...You might want to edit that...
 Tie Guy
12-14-2001, 6:40 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Uh...Rommel...I hope Tie Guy doesn't mind people using his name...You might want to edit that...

Its fine, just don't post my last name, if you even know it...

And Rom, i agree, i'd rather not be on senate and have you back then be on it with you gone. I'll reject any offer to the seat until you decline it, and i trust that everyone else who is marginally respectable will do the same. I'll make sure you have your seat when you return.
 darthfergie
12-14-2001, 6:53 PM
Good for you Tie Guy :)

I'm glad there is no bitterness there...:)
 Darth_Rommel
12-14-2001, 7:52 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

Its fine, just don't post my last name, if you even know it...

And Rom, i agree, i'd rather not be on senate and have you back then be on it with you gone. I'll reject any offer to the seat until you decline it, and i trust that everyone else who is marginally respectable will do the same. I'll make sure you have your seat when you return.

Thanks, Tie. :)
 Sherack Nhar
12-14-2001, 10:21 PM
Although I don't have much authority here, I'd like to voice (well, type) my opinion here. I don't know why Rommel should be removed from the Senate because he won't post in the other forums. As long as he keeps track of the discussions being held there, he's ready to assume his responsibilities as a senator.

Just my 2 cents ;)
Page: 1 of 1