Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Better Name for Episode 2

Page: 1 of 1
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 8:13 PM
Ok, Attack of the Clones is a really bad name. What name would you use?

Personally, I would use just 'The Clone Wars'
or maybe 'War of the Clones'
'The Clone Invasion'

All of them say the exact same thing as the real title, but sound different.
 Natty
12-09-2001, 8:18 PM
I like Clone Wars- short and simple, pretty much like A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi- simple and staright to the point

Or you could call it Return Of The Leia Hair :D
 Metallus
12-09-2001, 8:31 PM
I think I'm over the initial horror of the announcement that the new movie would be called "Attack of the Clones". I've come to accept the title, but I thought it was horrible at first. Then I realized that even though the SW movies were wonderful, the titles for the films were either basic or clichй. You can't tell a book by it's cover. (Oh, that is so clichй)
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 8:38 PM
Originally posted by Metallus
You can't tell a book by it's cover. (Oh, that is so clichй)
Tis...
Heh, I said the same thing on the other thread.
I HOPE we don't have to judge the movie by it's cover.

The point of this thread is to make a name you'd like the movie to be. After reading the other Episode II thread, I realized that all of them had 'corny' names, so I accept it now.
 MrManager
12-09-2001, 9:10 PM
"Attack Of The Clones" just reminds me too much of "Send In The Clowns". They should have called it "Send In The Clones".
 Metallus
12-09-2001, 9:41 PM
...those laffy, daffy clones.

:holosid: :emperor:
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 9:55 PM
KILL THEM KILL THEM!!! NOOOOOOO, they are invading!!

:emperor: :holosid: :emperor: :holosid: :emperor: :holosid:
Time to go to work! :monkey2::slsaber::syoda:

Destroy them... :evil2: bwahhaaha
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 9:57 PM
I had like 1 million smileys, and the forums wouldn't allow it... meanies...
Forum---> :evil1:

J/K. I wuv you mixnmojo. Damn it's WAAAAY to late here.
 sheaday6
12-09-2001, 10:38 PM
I thin they should call it:

STAR WARS EPISODE 2: The story of anikin skywalker who grows up to be Darth vader but right now hes an ok guy in his late teens who falls in love with some chick and has to fight clones of some sort for some reason

:eyeraise:
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 11:03 PM
You forgot to add to the end 'who has sexual intercourse with that chick to have a son named luke and a daughter named Leia also starring some armorclad Bounty Hunter named :fett:'
Duh :p
 Meksilon
12-10-2001, 2:49 AM
Yo Guys, when I first heard the name I must say it did supprise me like "where did that come from", but a couple of minutes later I remembered that moment in the original Star Wars - in the message to Obi-Wan "year ago you helped my father in the clone wars..." so it made absolute sence. I'm looking foward to it!

=mek=
 Lemon Head
12-10-2001, 4:46 AM
made by schamtz
Ok, Attack of the Clones is a really bad name.
...'The Clone Invasion'
you honestly think that the clone invasion is an improvement on the cheesiness factor? cos i dont.

the clone wars, i like, but it's too bland - i dunno why everyone is having such a moose over the original title, look at the other threads to see why others support it too

made by natty
I like Clone Wars- short and simple, pretty much like A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi- simple and staright to the point

for a start Attack of the Clones has less syllabls than both The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi making it simpler. Also, i don't see how you can get very much more straight to the point than Attack of the Clones - the clones are attacking, that's pretty much it
 scabb
12-10-2001, 1:47 PM
Originally posted by Metallus
You can't tell a book by it's cover. (Oh, that is so clichй)

Yeah. Phantom Menace sounds good.
 Schmatz
12-10-2001, 5:54 PM
Originally posted by Lemon Head
Also, i don't see how you can get very much more straight to the point than Attack of the Clones - the clones are attacking, that's pretty much it

The Clone Wars
Wars of the Clones

Who cares? I gave up on it. I can live with the name now. It's not Lucas is gonna look at this post or anything. I just wanted to make conversation... geez.
 Jake
12-10-2001, 6:13 PM
I bet Lucas considered calling Ep 2 "The clone wars" until someone (probably in marketing) pointed out it would be called "Star Wars The Clone Wars." "So which war is it?" they probably asked. "Oh, erm, well good thing I intended to call it 'Attack of the Clones' from the start... yeah thats it," replied Cap'n George. He then cried himself to sleep.

George has a good poker face for the press.
 MeddlingMonk
12-11-2001, 11:56 AM
Ahem...

'Bride of Palpatine'
 Schmatz
12-11-2001, 4:35 PM
Yeah that sounds really good no... It's not the emporer's bride, it's anakin's AKA Darth Vader. I think it'd sound good as 'The Dark Bride' if it focused on their relationship more. Cool.
 glottis42
12-11-2001, 6:22 PM
How about Episode 2: The Clones Kick Some Jedi Ass
 Metallus
12-11-2001, 6:32 PM
Yes! I can see that as a feasible title! Ho Ho!
 MeddlingMonk
12-12-2001, 4:42 AM
Originally posted by Schmatz
Yeah that sounds really good no... It's not the emporer's bride, it's anakin's

Yeah, but Anikin doesn't rhyme with Frankenstein. Kind of need that for the cheesy, B-movie gag to work. ;)
 ashem
12-12-2001, 6:10 AM
Escape from Clone Island
 Meksilon
12-12-2001, 6:40 AM
no, no, no, no, NO!! I like ATTACK OF THE CLONES, but MI related then something like "Secret of Clone Island: Skywalker's Revenge".

=mek=
 Lemon Head
12-12-2001, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by MeddlingMonk
Yeah, but Anikin doesn't rhyme with Frankenstein. Kind of need that for the cheesy, B-movie gag to work. ;)
I thought Palpatine was pronounced "palpateen"
 MeddlingMonk
12-13-2001, 11:25 AM
'You say Palpateen...I say Palpatine...
You say Padmee...I say Padmay...
Let's call the whooole thing off...'

BLAM!!

...grk...
 raVen_image
12-13-2001, 11:31 AM
Ah, but how do you pronounce Leia?

In "A New Hope", 3PO and Taarkin pronounced it Lee-ah.

But in the following two movies, everyone pronounced her name Lay-ah.

This pronounciation is what separates the men from the boys.
 Dalixam
12-13-2001, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Meksilon
no, no, no, no, NO!! I like ATTACK OF THE CLONES, but MI related then something like "Secret of Clone Island: Skywalker's Revenge".
=mek=

Wouldn't work, a Jedi is all good and therefore doesn't take revenge. That's why they changed the original name op episode VI from "Revenge of the Jedi" to "Return of the Jedi".
 Trapezoid
12-13-2001, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Dalixam

Wouldn't work, a Jedi is all good and therefore doesn't take revenge. That's why they changed the original name op episode VI from "Revenge of the Jedi" to "Return of the Jedi".

Bah, they take lots of revenge. They're just pompous bastards. "Please! We prefer to call it, 'Return'." They had political correctness a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
 raVen_image
12-13-2001, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Trapezoid
Bah, they take lots of revenge. They're just pompous bastards. "Please! We prefer to call it, 'Return'." They had political correctness a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
HeHe... actually, Luke's motivation was revenge... hence the original title. I still have the poster released in February '83, that bears the title "Revenge of the Jedi"... very covetted.

Does anyone think that the prophesy of "the one who will bring balance to the force" refers to Luke, and not Anakin? It seems to me that Luke, who used the dark-side when he defeated Vader, was REALLY the one who achieved victory by balancing both sides of the force. Vader was mostly dark.
 MrManager
12-13-2001, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by raVen_image

HeHe... actually, Luke's motivation was revenge... hence the original title. I still have the poster released in February '83, that bears the title "Revenge of the Jedi"... very covetted.

Does anyone think that the prophesy of "the one who will bring balance to the force" refers to Luke, and not Anakin? It seems to me that Luke, who used the dark-side when he defeated Vader, was REALLY the one who achieved victory by balancing both sides of the force. Vader was mostly dark.

I believe Georgie said it was Anakin, not Luke, who brought balance to the force around the time Ep. I was released.
 raVen_image
12-13-2001, 1:04 PM
Originally posted by remio

I believe Georgie said it was Anakin, not Luke, who brought balance to the force around the time Ep. I was released.
Time ...and the next two movies will tell, but I don't see a lot of the GOOD side in Anakin. Luke was the one who used both sides (the true meaning of balance). Perhaps the prophesy refers to Anakin begetting Luke.

Although, on close examination of these movies, I sometimes think that "georgie" doesn't know his own story very well. There are some incongruities that need explaining.

--spoken like a "monday-morning" director, eh?
 Schmatz
12-13-2001, 3:44 PM
Yeah, sometimes I think he forgot what he wrote (such as Episode II title, but I won't go into that again). Also, I think Luke balanced it, but Anakin could have by turning sorta light when he threw Palpatine down the core. So, he kinda was dark, but sorta light. That's the only idea I can think of.
 MeddlingMonk
12-14-2001, 12:44 PM
I think that it is meant to be Anakin. I can't remember where I read this, but I think the way he brings balance (whatever that is) is by killing the emperor. Palpatine/Sidious was the master and Vader the apprentice; and since Vader went the way of all cybernetics soon after, finito Sith.
 raVen_image
12-14-2001, 1:39 PM
This is an interesting examination. It begins to defy what we believe the Jedi to be. We've always seen the Jedi as being on the side of righteousness, and the Sith as being on the side of profane. But if the prophesy is about BALANCE, then both the Jedi and the Sith are fanatics, since they represent one side over the other.

Balance suggests that BOTH sides are necessary. So, while we have always been on the side of the Jedi...they are really just as bad as the Sith. Yin and Yang is the concept being played out here. One side cannot be used more than the other, or you bring the force OUT of balance. The Sith are necessary, and therefore, just as needed as the Jedi. Or perhaps, neither are needed...both orders are bad.

The Jedi would have as much to lose as the Sith if balance were achieved, because their teachings would be brought into question. This would explain why Yoda and Windu were worried about the prophesy being fullfilled. (they were ready to dismiss Anakin even after he was tested) The Jedi order MUST be abolished if balance is to be gained. The Sith order must also go. Since we know the future-history of the Star Wars Universe...it IS Vader that destroys the Jedi, and ultimately destroys the Sith when he kills Palpatine. Funny, I always saw Yoda as a hero...but he is really another religeous fanatic. He takes the force and perverts it with too much peace and goodness. If we believe in the prophesy, then Vader is the TRUE hero of this saga.

OK... I am ready to accept Anakin/Vader as the one who brings balance.
 Schmatz
12-14-2001, 5:06 PM
We have turned you to the dark/light side. Whatever side you were, it's opposite that ;)
Page: 1 of 1