Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you....

Page: 1 of 1
 RPWGabriel
12-09-2001, 8:03 PM
Is it possible to keep a computer opponent from resigning?
I'm making a scenario that kinda banks on them not resigning, but they always do.
Cos what happens when playing through is..
You follow your second objective and eliminate one player then 2 others resign (which sucks and I don't want them to). Then you meet up with a couple Jedi, they have to go get a holocron and bring it back to the temple. But first they have to face a Sith Knight.
Then a scout is made and "discovers" a Droid army base, so then another objective is to go take out the base. Just as you're about to destroy the base, a heavy duty reinforcement team comes in from the south to kill your troops (and usually succeed)
So you kill them and because the other 2 players resigned the game ends.

BUT..what's supposed to happen is after you take out the droid base and reinforcements...the Jedi's say that they have to leave and go on their way to the transport and the final objective is added.

SO...in my view it's all pretty cool (especially the end) but it won't work cos where player-6 a few characters surrounded by walls and towers and such (i tried to get it to look like the reactor area somewhat from Ep 1) pl-6 resigns after the first. battle

Please help. I wanna get this thing done so the community can get a load of my work.

-Thanks
(sorry about the length of the post)
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-09-2001, 8:17 PM
Yes you can. Just use another AI other than the standard one :).
 RPWGabriel
12-11-2001, 9:04 PM
Awesome! Thanks! Now I can finally finish my level!!!

WooHoo!!!
Page: 1 of 1