Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Comics On-Line?

Page: 1 of 1
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 6:16 PM
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone knew of any sample S&M Comics on-line. I've only read a few, and they were in that little magazine that came with some of the Lucasarts games. THey were about a page long... fun fun, anyways, I've kinda misplaced them, and they were really funny. If there are any on any sites, I'd greatly appreciate it if someone posted a link here, Thanks.
 The Dogfuchow
12-09-2001, 6:20 PM
I've said this a million times at STISH....

I have the whole Surfing the Highway TPB scanned.

That's right...

one of my friends was bored as hell, and I was in search for the TPB, and so she scanned in the whole thing and sent it to me.....

unfortunately, I don't have any place to host the comics..... they take up a HELL of a lot of space......... but I'd say it's worth it.

It's got the cover, the back cover, the back pages covers, and the comics...

my sister may be getting a domain this X-Mas, and I could choose to host the comics for about a month and then I'd get rid of them...

but I'd need to be reminded to do that.
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 6:22 PM
Cool,
Sorry I never knew about STISH, so I wouldn't know. Sorry :(
 The Dogfuchow
12-09-2001, 6:25 PM
oh, it's perfectly okay.

I just feel that I'd piss everyone off because I said it at STISH a few times.

So, when we get that domain (that'll be X-Mas) I'll make a site for it and host it up, of course, it'll be a little while, but think of it as my X-Mas gift to you.

It is really something that shouldn't be missed out on, the comics are great.
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 6:26 PM
Sweet Stuff. I'm getting a domain and server for X-Mas also, I can't wait. It's gonna be an RPG site about CHrono Trigger and Final Fantasy mainly. Thanks man!
 The Dogfuchow
12-09-2001, 6:28 PM
No problem, thankfully I have DSL, too, much less of a pain to do this all.

So, come sometime around Christmas, I'll get 'em up.
 Jake
12-09-2001, 6:32 PM
I'm not a huge fan of bootlegging comics. Unofficial used to have a collection of comics that weren't available in the Collection. Its sort of all a grey area since the comics arent currently being published since the collection went out of print... but I still don't like it.
 The Dogfuchow
12-09-2001, 6:36 PM
true, I'm wondering if Marlowe's site is working yet.......

Bootlegging comics.. I've really only seen it done with manga....

until now.

I may decide to host it for a very little ammount of time, i don't want to waste space and bandwith either..
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 7:53 PM
I don't really NEED whole comic books. I mean, I don't know if you guys remember, but those Lucasarts Insider things came with the games sometimes, and some of them had comics. I remember one with Max dying and having a dream or something, and a cowboy one, but I lost them :( I'm really looking for those. Or other comics that are on-line, not boot-legged, just free comics. No one around here sells Sam and Max comics, so it's rare I read one :(
 The Dogfuchow
12-09-2001, 7:54 PM
ah, well, it's still a treat
 Metallus
12-09-2001, 8:02 PM
I have missed many on opportunity to get the Collection. Most recently I was massivley outbid on ebay the last time they were made available. The final bidding price was 66 bucks, and I fear that the next time the collection goes up there, it will go for even more. Although I don't want to get on the publishing company's bad side, I think that these "bootlegs" will be my only chance to read them, at least for now.
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 8:21 PM
MEN (and ladies, if applicable), we gotta do it, and do it well. Everyone's gotta check eBay every now and then for the Collection, with a BUY IT NOW option. They can't defeat us then!
 AndrewL
12-09-2001, 8:40 PM
I'm an avid ebay user nowadays and check ebay for new stuff everyday. I got and have seen a whole buncha sam & max stuff on it. Sad thing is if i see it i'll most likely buy it. BUT since i already have most of the stuff. I'll create an ebay watch thing on snuckeys in the near future. super duper. Theres actually some original comics up on there RIGHT NOW. get bidding. if i had more money i'd buy them and have extras. then when you guys get desperate i'll sell em at a incredibly idiotic price which you will all pay! muahahaha

I am an idiot.
 Schmatz
12-09-2001, 8:42 PM
This is true, you are one because I won't pay an extreme amount. I might buy one at first, if I had money. Heh.
 The Dogfuchow
12-09-2001, 9:34 PM
I have the first issue nicely packaged and safe.. moohahwhahwhawh
 Jake
12-09-2001, 10:24 PM
Unofficial will incorporate an eBay watch feature which includes any auctions I (or friends) find on ebay that are related to Sam & Max / Steve Purcell / etc. The price will be refreshed every hour or so, and when the item expires it will dissapear from the tracked list.
 Jester
12-09-2001, 10:39 PM
Ebay has giant tentacles?
 Jake
12-09-2001, 10:44 PM
Nah it just sucks the soul from innocent shoppers and grafts their face onto its neck, and is possibly turned into a kiddy ride.
 Jester
12-09-2001, 10:49 PM
I'll go get some tickets - we can charge admission!
 SyntheticGerbil
12-10-2001, 4:16 PM
Were not too much into that explicit S&M stuff over here.
 The Dogfuchow
12-10-2001, 4:59 PM
heh....

well, eBay watch is fun.. because I only watch.,
 Schmatz
12-10-2001, 5:05 PM
eBay has like a billion people using it now for the holidays... I'm sure it's stuffed from all those shoopers, eh Jake?
 The Dogfuchow
12-10-2001, 5:21 PM
I saw someone selling an X-Box BOX for more than the X-Box itself
 sheaday6
12-10-2001, 7:48 PM
I've been looking for a loooooooooooong time for the Sam & Max Freelance Police Special Color Collection. DO u guys have that scanned??

this one -->

http://www.atlargefeatures.com/purcell/book3.jpg)
 The Dogfuchow
12-10-2001, 9:18 PM
hehe
 Metallus
12-11-2001, 12:52 AM
Sorry, this isn't a request forum and won't become one.
 AndrewL
12-11-2001, 8:00 AM
I have that one! the comics within it are in the collected no doubt.
 sheaday6
12-11-2001, 8:33 AM
jeez, soooooory
anyone know where to buy it???
 Jake
12-11-2001, 12:09 PM
The epic color collection is very similar to the Surfin The Highway collection, except Color Collection has less comics since it's older.

I don't really like the coloring that much, I think it makes it look worse. Of course I saw it in black and white in Surfin the Highway first, so...
 Schmatz
12-11-2001, 3:48 PM
Yes, i'd like to disregard everything Metallus, the self-determined god of these forums, and ask if anyone can illegally give me every single Sam and Max comic online. I will not pay you big dollars. Probably none at all... how about it??? ;p :rolleyes:
 The Dogfuchow
12-11-2001, 4:11 PM
come X-mas.. come X-mas.. of course by then we will all have forgotten...
 Jake
12-11-2001, 5:28 PM
Met only wishes he was the god of the forums :)

Really no need to be rude people.

First off Schmatz have you ever actually tried to get a real Sam & Max comic or are you asking just out of laziness? They're nearly impossible to come by but its worth checking your local comic book store and the graphic novels sections of local bookstores to see if anyone has a rogue copy of Surfin' The Highway left on the shelves. If you look for real and come up empty handed then you might have a reason to come here asking for illegal copies.

I'm not going to just lay down a rule that this isn't a request forum :D but bootlegging Sam & Max should only be a last resort. You may end up luckier than most around here and land yourself a copy of the collection if you actually try.

And, erm, second off... :band: :band: :band: :band: :evanpiel: . o O ( bleh. )
 sheaday6
12-11-2001, 5:41 PM
does anyone know some secret "hole-in-the-wall" online store that has the Surfin the highway in stock? or do you have to wait for someone to sell it on ebay?
 Swordmaster
12-12-2001, 1:25 PM
Originally posted by Schmatz
I mean, I don't know if you guys remember, but those Lucasarts Insider things came with the games sometimes, and some of them had comics.

It was called The Adventurer! (Sorry, I just had to mention it. :p) Anyway, the Collected Sam & Max includes the comics in The Adventurer that had been published when the collection went in print (that's 1995, I reckon). The few comics appearing afterwards were featured on Jake's site, including the "dying" (Afterlife) and "cowboy" (Outlaws) ones.
 Jake
12-12-2001, 1:28 PM
And will be again!
 Schmatz
12-12-2001, 2:36 PM
Jake, I was joking above, to get Met mad heh heh. By the way I HAVE tried looking in the ONE comic book store in the STATE! Well, maybe not the state, but there are none around here. Besides, I have the game and that's all I need right now. If I somehow gain any money (not GUNNA happen - Emmet) I will try to buy on eBay, but i don't wanna spend a lot on them right now.

I don't need a boot-legged comic... it makes no difference to me. Just, if someone DOES make one, I'd like to see it. Thanks ;)
 The Dogfuchow
12-12-2001, 2:53 PM
if I get that chance, I'll put it up for a few weeks or a month but that'll be that. Nothing beats the hard copy, though
 SyntheticGerbil
12-12-2001, 3:11 PM
If I'm not mistaken, we were short of one adventurer comic...

Unless it was the Afterlife one I found with the scanning done differently from the Lucas Arts episodes.

I don't know I only own one adventurer... my dad threw away a couple of others.
 Jake
12-12-2001, 5:04 PM
From Adventurer #13 was it thats missing? I think there is an issue of the adventurer that just doesn't exist anywhere. It's not on web.archive.org and its ... its nowhere. I forget the number though :)

I'm going to LEC for some meetings and other fun times in January I'll maybe try and ask if they have it there.
 Schmatz
12-12-2001, 6:30 PM
Or yknow just steal it from their mainframes. Hey, it might work, and I'm not risking anything ;)
 JR2000Z
12-12-2001, 8:48 PM
I got Surfing the Highway years ago. Not sure where I got it though....
Page: 1 of 1