Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

UK JKII Clans

Page: 1 of 1
 Tay-Mar
12-08-2001, 4:08 PM
This may seem odd to some but....................

Not wanting to start any inter-continental rivalry here, having been a dedicated member of an XWA Squadron made up of ppl from all nations and knowing how difficult it is get ppl at the same place, at the same time. Any 1 in the UK looking to start a JK II clan, or already have 1 and are looking for new members ??

Giz a shout (Icq number is in meh profile) :D
 Haazt
12-09-2001, 6:04 AM
Sup, hey i am from a clan where there is multi national people, but we still manage to game alot, i live in New Zealand, while others live in the States, Holland etc, but we still manage to get along fine, so come have a look The Unholy Scarabs (http://pub79.ezboard.com/btheunholyscarabs)
 Tarkin
12-09-2001, 7:38 AM
Yeah sounds good. It's really quite annoying when you must attend a meeting at 3:00am just 'cos your Emperor is a yank. Im sure Tay-Mar if we can find enough people interested we can start something off. I made level's for a few clans in the past and helped out with homepages so if your interested we can start something off.
 Tay-Mar
12-09-2001, 9:00 AM
Cheers Tarkin

So we really need to get this forum ip out there...........

I'll work on it :D
 FaceLoran
12-16-2001, 8:13 AM
Im certainly up for joining/helping out a UK clan as i often find that international clans are awkward to play with due to time differences keep me aprased on this gentlemen

Cpt Face Loran

CO Wraith Squadron
 CaptainRAVE
12-16-2001, 8:24 AM
So am I....im in the UK and also used to find it annoying when I had a Klingon Academy clan organising meetings because there were people all in different time zones. UK CLANS I WILL JOIN :)....maybe
 Tay-Mar
12-16-2001, 9:36 AM
Thanx for the interest guys

I know Face pretty well but ...........Lo m8

Welcome to the JKII forums.

I'm posting on GSP's forums and e mailing some ppl regarding a UK clan, all of which will be pretty pointless unless some1 in the UK is gonna provide servers for JK II.

I'll keep u all up-dated as i get info in and plz feel free to add me to yer ICQ list.
 CaptainRAVE
12-16-2001, 4:35 PM
Someone will :)
 FaceLoran
12-17-2001, 2:22 PM
lo tay

:lsduel:
 CaptainRAVE
12-17-2001, 2:56 PM
Ah yes, Welcome to THE JK2 PREMIER FORUMS :)
 Tay-Mar
12-17-2001, 3:03 PM
Right my fellow UK Jedi...........

ThrustWorld and Barrysworld are both planning to provide a service for JKII in whatever form that may take !

Looks like we have overcome our 1st obstacle.

:D
 CaptainRAVE
12-17-2001, 3:30 PM
How do you know that?
 Tay-Mar
12-17-2001, 5:02 PM
I've recived e mails from the ppl who decide what games go on their servers ;)
 digl
12-17-2001, 9:14 PM
You are lucky
the main Chilean gaming site (with loads of servers) is currently under terrible financial problems
If Its situation is not defined soon I doubt we will have any dedicated server :(
 Tay-Mar
12-18-2001, 3:28 PM
We'll let ya play on our digl :D

I won't see a fellow Jedi without a place to play !
 digl
12-18-2001, 3:55 PM
thanks Tay
I just need to solve the issue of the huge intercontinental ping
:(
 Tay-Mar
12-18-2001, 4:47 PM
LOL

I'm sure the ppl on this forum will club together and get u a plane ticket to the UK m8;)

Oh btw...... the weather is nice, if u like rain. Some of the ppl are nice......but don't hold yer breath waiting to meet 1.

How is yer ping to the Zone ?
Just for u, I'll play there but only once ;)
 CaptainRAVE
12-19-2001, 3:37 PM
At least the rain gives us lots of time to play on the computer :).....and MY ping is usually about 3ms, but i havent been on the zone in ages
 digl
12-19-2001, 6:08 PM
in JK ping depended on both players, as it was peer to peer
If there were servers on the zone Im not sure what my ping could be

I just pinged zone.com and got an average of 275ms
It could be better in some time, my ISP is getting a new intl provider (teleglobe I think)
 Tay-Mar
12-20-2001, 4:35 PM
I'll look forward to getting my ass kicked by u both then :D
 michaelangelo
12-20-2001, 8:17 PM
hi!
Im from dreamcast quake3 and a succesful player and admin to one of the clans there and now i got my old pc going we are moving to different platforms
i seen jedi knight2 and wonder if it is viable for me to beable to play online without bad lag/ping using a pentium 2 with 56k modem
im thinking of getting the game at chrismas and me and my m8 (from sweden) are gonna be playing online with it and hopefully hooking up or starting a clan on jedi knight anythoughts on this or on my current pc specs and wether they are tweakable would be a help
cyanara!:slsaber: :duel: :mob:
 NuForce
12-26-2001, 1:25 AM
michaelangelo,

You have 2 problems (1) your computer is too old to be a viable gaming platform (2) with a 56k modem you will have a pingrate from hell.

The new Jedi Knight II game will run on a modified Quake III engine. As you know, Quake III will run on a P-II (barely). I suggest that you load up on memory and get a very good video card. The video card will make a big difference.

Quake III is tweakable. Checkout the StarTrek Elite Force game. It runs on the Quake III engine. The tweaks are the same basic tweaks found in Quake III. I'm sure that JK2 will be similar and tweakable.

:( The 56k modem, in my opinion, is your biggest problem. Get broadband asap! Cable or ADSL.

PS

The JK2 game will not be released until March 02'

Good Luck,

:fett: [TE]NuForce[OO]

www.theempireclan.com)
 Tay-Mar
12-27-2001, 5:44 AM
I agree to an extent with Nuforce here but....................

A PII will run QIII with the detail and other bits and bobs turned down to the bear minimum. The graphics card is your main problem here, a high end card will improve the visuals but won't help with speed.

Connection will also be a small problem but i used to play JK on a 56k modem:D

Don't let any of these things discourage u from buying and playing JKII, it'll b a blast.
 CaptainRAVE
01-20-2002, 8:06 AM
A 56K modem should be fine. But its going to depend on the servers mostly.

Of course, a P2 will strugle with even the minmum requirements.......thats why I upgraded from my old P2.
 Teg
01-22-2002, 6:11 AM
I have been going around these message boards for a couple of days - at last something based in the UK... (no offence but the time difference is not good)

Glad to hear a 56k modem (hopefully) won't be a problem. However, has anyone seen an even nearing complete minimum spec yet, and is there any way (other than overclocking) to make a Voodoo 3 run games with the quake engine any better?

I was a huge fan of the original, and will probably get JKII on release. What exactly would joining a clan like this involve then?

Cheers

Teg
 The Truthful Liar
01-22-2002, 6:20 AM
Tay mar... are you still alive?
:D

I havn't really read all the above posts - but if you would like I could design a website for your upcomming clan. (I am in sweden.... so the time diff isn't horrendous)

Fill me in if you like that idea.

my work: www.theabclan.com)
 Tay-Mar
01-23-2002, 4:27 PM
Thanx for the offer Legion :)

I am still alive and kicking, I've been busy chatting up the ppl who are bringing WirePlay back to UK.
I have been informed that JKII will be a 'Priority' when WP is back up and running. I really need some feed-back on how u guys in and around the UK feel about which GSP u would like to use.

I'm very pleased with the response I've had from WP but then again they're bound to be helpful as they're re-launching it.

Barrysworld have been very helpful too with their regular e mails and info up-dates, their servers for QIII and RtCW have impressed me greatly and their league system is already in place.

Blue Yonder haven't gone out of their way to be helpful, tbh. Their RtCW servers are a little shakey at times, especially during the peak hours but they have sent me some info regarding their proposed service for JKII.

Thrustworld have again been very helpful, despite being at their early stage.

Some of u maybe thinking,'why is this guy going on about GSP's'.
Well, in my opinion having a base can make all the difference when starting up a clan, this not only gives u access to a community and servers but can also give a place to meet and recruit. I'm not suggesting that only 1 GSP would or could be used here, I just want to know what potential members of this clan would like.

As I've said before please feel free to add me to yer Icq list or e mail me with suggestions.

ICQ - 89299691

Mail to - ra-taymar@razor-angels.com
 Tay-Mar
01-27-2002, 6:52 AM
Just incase anyones interested, I've put some preliminary stuff on my own site, I'd greatly apreciate any comments, god or bad on whats up on there.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/taymar101)

I'm gonna b adding bits and pieces as I do them but if no1's really interseted there ain't a lot of point in doing any more :(

So.........go on, spare 5 mins and take a look :)

Thanx.
Page: 1 of 1