Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Nominations and voting...here's how it works !

Page: 2 of 3
 Clefo
10-30-2001, 6:38 PM
11th and 14th... that ain't too bad :D
 Paragon_Leon
10-30-2001, 6:54 PM
Expect voting on most polls to time-out on November 2nd, folks, so get voting if you haven't done so yet.

Compa_Mighty's ballot is up now too... look in off-topic to find out more about it.
 ReaperFett
10-30-2001, 6:59 PM
ahhhh, getting close :)

edit- Oh wait, Thrawn and Heavy overtook me. Thats me done I suppose :)
 darthfergie
10-30-2001, 9:09 PM
Nobody has voted in my thread since yesterday...:(
 WC_heavyarms
10-30-2001, 9:35 PM
No one wants to vote for me (cries a heck of a lot) I think something has happened because someone is giving each person a lot of "no's", because I have not made that many enemies. I don't know... Maybe they think I am lying... I don't know...
 Stormcrow
10-31-2001, 4:13 PM
how do you get to be nominated? Coz i wanna be :(
 darthfergie
10-31-2001, 4:15 PM
You need to be pretty active...you may just have to wait till the first Senate's terms are over...
 Stormcrow
10-31-2001, 4:20 PM
sir, yes sir!!
 crazy_dog
11-01-2001, 2:53 AM
I only recall having 5 potential enemies, and yet the "no"votes are pumping up to 14.
 Boba Rhett
11-01-2001, 3:02 AM
Don't be sad. Your not hated. At least not that much. ;) It's just because of the rather large amount of people not knowing how to properly vote. "They vote yes for the one person who went and asked them and then vote no to everyone else" :(
 darthfergie
11-01-2001, 8:08 AM
Okay guys no more nominations we are going to have to close that because there is only room for this thread and al the ballots on one page...So nobody expect to be nominated now...
 Paragon_Leon
11-01-2001, 10:40 AM
Yep, there's no more nominations added for the first Senate-term.
:D
the enthusiasm of forummers nowadays...
:cool:
 ReaperFett
11-01-2001, 1:01 PM
are there any hitmen for hire round here?

:)
 Tie Guy
11-01-2001, 4:35 PM
Originally posted by crazy_dog
I only recall having 5 potential enemies, and yet the "no"votes are pumping up to 14.

Like Rhett said, some people voted no for almost everyone. But remember, just because people aren't your "enemy" doesn't mean that they are gonna vote for you.
 Paragon_Leon
11-01-2001, 6:45 PM
most polls are now closed, except for the odd exception. However, EVERY ballot will have had a seven-day run.
Expect final results over the weekend, along with the procedure and start of the second (defining) round..

We're getting there, folks..
 Luke Skywalker
11-01-2001, 6:47 PM
I need your votes people! Vote for me!
 ReaperFett
11-01-2001, 6:51 PM
a vote for me is a vote for Chimpanzees!
 darthfergie
11-01-2001, 7:57 PM
VOTE FOR ME!!!
Or...um...wait isn't my poll closed...Oh well...:)
 WC_heavyarms
11-01-2001, 8:28 PM
SOmeone is wreaking havoc on my poll. NO WAY I should have 18 no's! It is bad, someone is doing this! That should be taken into acount, and can't the mods see who voted? I think Viper did this.
 darthfergie
11-01-2001, 10:54 PM
SOmeone is wreaking havoc on my poll. NO WAY I should have 18 no's! It is bad, someone is doing this! That should be taken into acount, and can't the mods see who voted? I think Viper did this.

1. Viper is gone...period.
2. you are new here so don't expect an automatic win...
3. If foul play was involed the mods will look into it by the time round two is about to start...
 crazy_dog
11-02-2001, 2:39 AM
Yeah, usaully all the oldies and regulars get the most votes, as do clan memebers.
 Boba Rhett
11-02-2001, 2:47 AM
Oldies? Noone here's been here for longer than three and a half months. :p ;)
 WC_heavyarms
11-02-2001, 6:21 AM
i've been around, i've been posting for about one month. I'm well known I think.
 Paragon_Leon
11-02-2001, 6:41 AM
you got that right... :D

Two more days until we go to the second round, folks. Please refrain from a flood of scores until all is done. I'll post a complete what's-what when all is done.

In the meantime, make those banners, gather those voters and GET READY.
 WC_heavyarms
11-02-2001, 6:53 AM
I'm never going to win, with 17 no's, unless I get my whole clan to vote or something... I am losting bad...
 Paragon_Leon
11-02-2001, 7:02 AM
Well, if you just sit back and don't gather votes, don't be surprised if this happens. Getting clan-members to vote is perfectly legal. And it let's these forums grow.
 WC_heavyarms
11-02-2001, 7:31 AM
Just because I don't make a huge, nice banner or something else doesn't mean that someone else should win. I will have to ask clan people to vote for me, or else I am really goin to lose.
 ReaperFett
11-02-2001, 7:49 AM
damn you people and supporters!

Think Ill start a clan quickly, get them to vote for me :)
 crazy_dog
11-02-2001, 12:54 PM
15 NO'S?! OH CR@P!!!!!!

At leist I got 9 yes's.:)
 Tie Guy
11-02-2001, 3:00 PM
Originally posted by crazy_dog
15 NO'S?! OH CR@P!!!!!!

Hey, at least you didn't get 26 no's like Delphi

Which reminds me Leo. Not that i have anything against Delphi personally, but are you gonna let someone that got that many "no" votes onto the senate? Its obvious that lots of people don't want him there, yet he might make it over someone who is more qualified, and better liked. Besides, hew only has a 51% or so majority, one more vote and it would be even.

I guess my real question is "Do percentages such as his ave anything to do with getting elected, or is it based purely on yes votes?"
 Delphi's Clone
11-02-2001, 5:07 PM
well it's based on yes votes and in that respect i'm kicking but hehe dont ruin me here lol
 darthfergie
11-02-2001, 5:28 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

Hey, at least you didn't get 26 no's like Delphi

Which reminds me Leo. Not that i have anything against Delphi personally, but are you gonna let someone that got that many "no" votes onto the senate? Its obvious that lots of people don't want him there, yet he might make it over someone who is more qualified, and better liked. Besides, hew only has a 51% or so majority, one more vote and it would be even.

I guess my real question is "Do percentages such as his ave anything to do with getting elected, or is it based purely on yes votes?"

Sympathy votes are taken into account...(Looks back to where Leon posted scores)
 WC_heavyarms
11-02-2001, 5:48 PM
Would someone mind posting the results, because I am slaving away making the tech tree for this site (it ain't easy, and I need a pic guy, and maybe a assistant would be nice!)
 Felix29
11-02-2001, 5:54 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie

1. Viper is gone...period.
2. you are new here so don't expect an automatic win...
3. If foul play was involed the mods will look into it by the time round two is about to start...

What happened to him?
 darthfergie
11-02-2001, 6:31 PM
Law Suit was threatening him...from this site for harassment of forummers...they had copies of all his flamingposts and he had to leave or he would find a letter in his mailbox one day telling him he needs to appear in court...
 Boba Rhett
11-02-2001, 6:34 PM
Well, that and the IP banning works now apparently. :)
 Felix29
11-02-2001, 6:35 PM
Oh... poor guy :(

You wanna hear something sad? I average less than a post per day... :rolleyes:
 darthfergie
11-02-2001, 6:38 PM
Originally posted by Felix29
Oh... poor guy :(

He brought it upon himself..."for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"
 Boba Rhett
11-02-2001, 6:45 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie

He brought it upon himself..."for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

If that was true, far worse things would have happened to him. :D
 darthfergie
11-02-2001, 7:27 PM
yeah...your right...:D
 Paragon_Leon
11-03-2001, 7:23 AM
Well, to get back to this thread... :D

One idea i have, is that the sympathy vote-result will work through in the second round..
You see, in the second round, you start off with the amount of yes-votes that you have after you deduct the no-votes from your first-round amount.
Oh boy, that sounds complicated, doesn't it ?

Here's an example.

If you have 12 yes votes and 5 no votes, you'd start the second round with 7 yes votes (12 - 5 = 7)

If you have 8 yes votes and 18 no votes, you'd start with -10 votes, meaning you'd reach 0 votes when 10 people vote yes.

This way, you 'sympathy-result' is the outset of the second voting round, where you only can vote 'yes'.

Or, I can have the mods have their say over the amount of no-votes for every single contender.
 Luke Skywalker
11-03-2001, 9:37 AM
I think everyone should start at zero. Because I know that I recieved, as well as many other forumers, no votes from people like viper who shouldn't have been able to vote.
 Tie Guy
11-03-2001, 10:03 AM
Well, if we start at zero then it doesn't matter at all how many people didn't want you, or even how many people did want you. If we start at zero, then subtract the no's from the final vote, then you don't give anyone credit for getting alot of yes votes in the first round. The only way to do it all fairly is to add (or subtrat) the difference between the yes's and the no's in the first round from the total yes votes on the second.
 darthfergie
11-03-2001, 11:57 AM
lol
Delphi
26 yes
- 25 no
______
1 vote....
 WC_heavyarms
11-03-2001, 12:03 PM
don't worry delphi, I get -6 if it goes that way. Someone sure hates me... I think it was that Dssithmaster guy...
 Delphi's Clone
11-03-2001, 3:54 PM
that stinks you guys said that no votes are harmless

it might just be ione guy that keeps on voteing no for me!!!!!!
 Delphi's Clone
11-03-2001, 4:02 PM
pargen this is undemocraticle if you had told people that no votes detract from your votes in the second round i'm pretty sure alot less people would have voted no for me!!!!! ever single person that gose to the second round should star off with 0

you told every one in the beggining that no votes are only a way of showing people that this person has done somthing wrong!!!!
 Delphi's Clone
11-03-2001, 4:04 PM
here you said this pargen leon

First question: we go with 7 first.
Second question: no. The no-votes are a way for forummers to have their say on people who misbehaved on the boards.

here is the link so [please dont tell me you didnt say that please do answer http://forums.galacticbattles.com/showthread.php?threadid=2533)
 Young David
11-03-2001, 5:53 PM
What's your point? Are you a bad loser?

If we started on zero ... than what would be the point of round 1? And why you have so many 'no' votes? Maybe it is because you're an imposter ... people don't like imposters.

No votes are indeed a way to let people who don't want you in the senate have their say. Ofcourse, not all 'no' votes would have to mean that people don't like you. It could be that some people didn't understand the way of voting, or that someone who's running voted 'no' for you because he fears your competition.

But when you have more 'no' than 'yes' then it's safe to assume that you're not wanted in the senate.

And BTW, his name is Leon or Paragon_Leon ...
 Lord Tirion
11-03-2001, 7:25 PM
"If we started on zero ... than what would be the point of round 1?"

Round 1 was to filter out the candidates down to 14. Just like playoffs from sports.

"No votes are indeed a way to let people who don't want you in the senate have their say."

No votes should not be a consideration at all in my opinion. Even thought I would be among the top vote getters by Leon's method and would prosper from it, I still dont see any validity in such a method of electing officials. How many of us voted for one person only and voted no for the rest because they did not understand the voting process? I know atleast 10+ people that did this. Thats 10 no votes for a person that shouldn't be right there. And then we have the people like Viper and such that I am sure contributed to a lot of "spite" votes.

So basically Round 1 brought us down to 14 nominations. That is what Round 1 should have been for. This round we should all start fresh and let the forum once again vote for who they feel would represent their wants and needs the best. Then the top nominees with the most votes would come to comprise the Senate. It is very simple and simplicity is the key =)
Page: 2 of 3