Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Best Victory

Page: 1 of 1
 WheresHan
12-07-2001, 8:03 AM
I haven't seen a new thread in a while, and this seemed like a decent idea to get things rolling again. Tell about your best strategic victory, I don't mean "Oh I rushed with 2 towers and 5 troops and won". I mean good matches where you outsmarted the opponent, things of that sort.

:lightning
 duder
12-07-2001, 8:19 AM
a good tactic that works for meis when, i am being invaded, and im pretty sure they have the upper hand, i stick as many workers in assault mechs....stick em in air transports and start building up a new base behind enemy lines.....build a new armyup around the assault mechs, then hit there base in the arse!!!

its won me a few games when i was facing a clearly better player!
 Kudar
12-07-2001, 8:40 AM
I recently played a 2 v 2, and my partner resigned, I didn't win, though when the odds are against you its hardly suprising. If I'd been a little more knowledgeable I'd probably have been able to make the nearest guy to me resign (if we played the same game knowing what I've learned in the past couple of weeks).

I never expected air attacks, and I rarely prepare for them, a really bad fault of mine, so out of nowhere came about 50 X-Wings and started hammering on my workers :( I however already had a fleet of pummels, Droidekas, troopers and artillery.

everything bar the troops were in air transport, so I sent the troops to walk to his base and launched the transports to come in from an undefended side, on the way my troops got wasted because he had a shielded fortress nearby that I hadn't seen. meanwhile I levelled his base with my pummels and artillery, and took out a lot of his workers with my Droidekas. I tried my damndest to move my pummels down to this fortress but they all got wasted by his X-Wings on the way :( - I didn't have enough resources to build anti air stuff, and anything that I could make was too little too late :(

Still he was suprised by how efficiently I took his base, and that's almost as good as a win ;)
 duder
12-07-2001, 8:44 AM
thats it mate, like with my game i mentioned above....if you're going down take em with ya!!!

its all a learning process, even these so called experts that keep talking it up could still learn a few tricks!!!
 Supreme Warlord
12-07-2001, 9:34 AM
My greatest Victory was I was the Rebel Alliance and my ally was the Galactic Empire. My ally came down to my base and start building a base there and therefore started a Super Base. He would focus on one side and I would focus on one side. Our enemies built a forward base quickly front of my base thinking he was attacking one guy. How wrong he was, He attacked with plummels, dark troopers, and Jedi. I had an army and so did my ally. he came through and we easily repelled him. The greatest victory was this, while our enemies was building a great defense in the front of their base. I have managed to sneak four air transport two of them with plummels and one of them jedi and one of them bounty hunters. I utterly destroyed his base and he had no warning. he resigned the minute he saw that. The other enemy said good job and resigned. We won because of a sneaky tactic. :)

Mr. Duder I am a expert but I promise you this Experts can be defeated. We are not gods and cant be defeated. It just mean we have a lot of exprience with this game engine. I have been defeated before but I have won a lot of games and lost a few. I am not embarrassed to say this. I am sure any Experts would agree with me.
 Heavyarms
12-07-2001, 11:12 AM
My best matchiup was when I was fighting Tirion and another Nexsis guy. I was getting pounded with troops and crusaders from Tirion's ally, and he gave him a little support through this small pass really close to my base. Meanwhile, my ally was a bum and didn't even do much besides make air, which was easily countered. I saved him after he got invaded by blue with 20 destroyer droids, keeping him from killing him. My base got attacked, and was not shielded for protection, so I gave up :(
 duder
12-10-2001, 4:22 AM
Originally posted by Supreme Warlord

Mr. Duder I am a expert but I promise you this Experts can be defeated. We are not gods and cant be defeated. It just mean we have a lot of exprience with this game engine. I have been defeated before but I have won a lot of games and lost a few. I am not embarrassed to say this. I am sure any Experts would agree with me.

you got that right cuz im gonna bust you up on the net soon!

but u still have my vote, if i can vote!
 Supreme Warlord
12-10-2001, 10:46 AM
Are you trying to find me on the Zone Mr. Duder? Oh Heavyarm forget your allies if they cant defend themself. If they cant then they will not help you in the long run. I dont help out allies if they dont defend themself. However if that all they are attacking then I would send some units over there so I can continue to build up in peace and then GO FOR THE KILL!:D
 captain_drake
12-10-2001, 10:48 AM
yeah every one can be defated with the right stratagey

so be very carful when you bost about your skills
 Destroyer Droid
12-11-2001, 8:10 AM
hah I beat duder easy when i played him :).
 Destroyer Droid
12-11-2001, 8:11 AM
WarLord whats your zone name ?
 Supreme Warlord
12-11-2001, 9:57 AM
I must maintain sercey about my zone name... :D CJA_President
Page: 1 of 1