Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Senate Tourny Event that will last a long time

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Tirion
12-06-2001, 11:56 PM
I have been working on some ideas on some tournies that will take a long time to play over time and keep everybody involved. One was a role playing tourny in a way that depending on which civilization you pick, puts you on either Team 1 or Team 2. Now this tourny would be for DM and help ensure huge battles to keep up with the pace with real star wars battles from the movies.

Basically here is the plot: It is roughly some odd years after ROTJ and the Trade Federation has regained its power that was revoked almost 40 years ago by the Old Republic. The Empire however, having just been dealt a huge blow by the Rebellion, form an alliance with the Trade Federation thus provoking a new, dark threat in the galaxy. The Rebellion, having barely defeated the Empire, now seeks the help of the Wookies, Naboo, and Gungans to help aid them in this new Galactic Civil War. Then the games begin...

There will be a huge map with planets that must be conquered. The whole objective of the game is either for the good guys or the bad guys to conquer the whole map. Each planet will have for example 10 maps. Those maps will pertain to that planet. For example: If we are at war on Tatooine, you are going to play Tatooine boards. Hoth, Kessel, and so on. A planet is conquered when all 10 boards are conquered by one side and then you can move on to the next one or go back and forth struggling to take control of all the planets.

This is just a run by. Of course there will be more rules and ways to play, but I just wanted to run the idea by you guys and see what you thought.
 Supreme Warlord
12-07-2001, 9:23 AM
It is quite a good idea but It would be very hard to effectively to balance out the good side and the bad side. The reason why is because people just quit and dont come back or there is not enough or even number of people playing in the tourney. However I love this idea you came up with and maybe to make it worthwhile you can develop the storyline as each battle is won. Their names would be mention if they won or lost. I think a storyline with this should be included. I think we love stories right? I know i do :) . Anyway I support Lord Tirion on this idea.
 Lord Tirion
12-07-2001, 12:39 PM
Thats exactly what I had in mind =) Thats why it will be an rp story. Each person playing will be given a rank and if you keep racking up the wins, you will be promoted by your side and so on. Basically the first step would be to see who is interested and to pick what civ they want to play. Then we would have to see how many are on Team 1 and how many are on Team 2.
 Tie Guy
12-07-2001, 3:06 PM
Good idea Tirion.

Why don't we adda bit of strategy to it by saying that you can only move 3 spots at a time after every battle. that way, you can't jsut get reinforcements immediately, you have to manuver yourself around on the map, and the galaxy. If you work together, and you use a bit of strategy, then you can force 2v1 or 3v2 or 3v1s and the sort. That would also prevent teaming up, since you'd have to wait for others to arrive in order to gain help, rather than just collecting all your forces and moving forward on a map with your allies. The movements could be turnbased, and randomly picked at the beginning. Maybe as you move up in rank you can move a greater distance or something.
 Supreme Warlord
12-07-2001, 3:25 PM
That may be too complicated Tie Guy. I certainly would not like the restriction and takes out the elements of the Star War Glactic Battleground. It is a nice idea but it may be too complicated. Just win the game and you rack the win for your team and a story will be made afterwards. You see? Lord Tirion You are certainly most excellent thinker. Keep it up and I think you will become the most influential Senator and Forummer of the board. A compliment too;)
 darthfergie
12-07-2001, 6:55 PM
Page: 1 of 1