Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Free web hosting?

Page: 1 of 1
 Haggis
12-06-2001, 3:11 PM
I just received an e-mail from F2S... and they stop with their free hosting services by February 28th... So now we at MIAC have a problem. Does anyone have any suggestions about free webspace with no ads, and support for blah-blah scripts etc. ?
 Rufio
12-06-2001, 4:17 PM
a free service with script support and NO banners/ads?

..if i lived in a perfect world....
 Schmatz
12-06-2001, 7:29 PM
If you use IRC, and register a name on DAL.net, I think there is a way to get five megs of space for free, with no banners. I'm not totally sure how, you'd have to ask Metallus. He's the one who told me. Give him a Private Message if you wanna.
 Metallus
12-06-2001, 7:37 PM
Dal.net is free service with no ads, but it's not great; there are no fancy bells/whistles, and no support for CGI, SSI or scripts. It's wonderful for temp locations though :cool:.
 Blondebeard
12-06-2001, 7:48 PM
You bet!
That's why MILegend, TheScummbar and WorldofMI used DalNet webspace for that porpose. :)
 Courthold
12-07-2001, 2:16 AM
One that i use often is port5 , www.port5.com) , see what you think - no ads, support a varity of scripting stuff, and most importantly, free.

- ok just actually checked that - seems they now want you to pay for php / mysql - ah well.
 Haggis
12-07-2001, 5:20 AM
Thanks for your help, I'll see what I can use... and that port 5 thingy returns an error... maybe because I'm behind a firewall now.
Page: 1 of 1