Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do YOU think the ranking...

Page: 1 of 1
 Kvan
08-07-2001, 4:10 PM
How do you think the ranking system should be?
Do you think you should start out as Bantha fodder or an Ewok or....what? How do you think it should go?
 Paragon_Leon
08-07-2001, 4:13 PM
i'd know for sure what titles SHOULDN'T be in the ranking system: senators and chancellors... to avoid the obvious confusion.. hehe.
 Generalchang
08-07-2001, 4:15 PM
Well, I wanta get out of the crap relm, how far to go?
 Kvan
08-07-2001, 4:18 PM
*ahem* Leon, do you have any idea's besides what Shouldn't be? This is a thread about how the ranks Should be, please stop going off topic :D j/k
You are right the Chan. and Sen. should not be in it. :rolleyes:
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-12-2001, 8:55 PM
perhaps players could choose their ranking system? for example, you could have one system be imperial officer system- cadet, trooper, lieutenant, lieutenant commander, commander, captain etc. . . , and another could go by species- womprat, bantha, ewok, ithorian . . . , another could be by what ship they command. that might be alittle too complicated though, huh? well they're all good ideas.
 Kvan
08-12-2001, 8:59 PM
Before all these server problems happened, I suggested being able to pick your title from civi's that are in the game. Like Naboo, or Rebels.
You and me Thrawn think alike, we're genuises! ;)
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-12-2001, 9:35 PM
i can't deny that!
 Tie Guy
08-12-2001, 9:45 PM
I'd like to see everyone make up their own rank, that seems like the best way to dfo it. You aren't trying to raise your rank so it is cooler or higher, and you don't feel stupid when you first sign up.
 Kvan
08-12-2001, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
I'd like to see everyone make up their own rank, that seems like the best way to dfo it. You aren't trying to raise your rank so it is cooler or higher, and you don't feel stupid when you first sign up.
I think making your own rank should be used when you reach the 1000 mark. It's something that says "Look! I have a keen name!".
But of course anything I say "they" will probably do the exact opposite ;)
 Tie Guy
08-12-2001, 10:22 PM
Yes, but it also gives people a reason to post alot, and we all know what that leads to :D
 Kvan
08-12-2001, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Yes, but it also gives people a reason to post alot, and we all know what that leads to :D
I know! I think the MOD's should each give us our own title that they pick ;)
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-12-2001, 10:45 PM
yeah that sounds sweet! definately a good idea! :cool:
 Kvan
08-12-2001, 10:50 PM
You know I was joking right, thrawn12786?
I can see it now, most the people I talk to would probably have a title of "Spammer" (and we all know Tie would have that title ;) ), while I'd probably be labeled something much worst. :D
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
08-12-2001, 10:52 PM
i know.
 Tie Guy
08-12-2001, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Kvan
You know I was joking right, thrawn12786?
I can see it now, most the people I talk to would probably have a title of "Spammer" (and we all know Tie would have that title ;) ), while I'd probably be labeled something much worst. :D

Hey, that was a low blow. I'm no spammer, and you know it. HA! I have not recieved a single one of those nasty PMs that leon always sends people. :D

If you wanted to call someone a spammer you could have easily picked someone else. *cough*rommel*cough* (j/k rom)

As for the rank, definately bad idea Kvan, very bad idea.
 Kvan
08-13-2001, 12:35 AM
Oh, come on Tie just admit it! :D
As to my title idea....Which on are yea talking about?
The one were the MODS come up with our titles was a total joke!
The other idea with being able to select a title from one of the civi's is a good idea! :mad: ;) What would be wrong with it? You don't gain anything, but you do represent what civi you play in GB.
BTW Why does everyone pick on Rommel? Poor rommel.. :)
 darthfergie
08-13-2001, 12:38 AM
Poor Rommel!!!!
Poor me 300+ posts lost forever...:mad:
 Paragon_Leon
08-13-2001, 4:09 AM
Boy, am i glad this is in off-topic.
:D

let me point a few things out..
first, most people receive friendly pm's from me.
the ones that receive the more.. stressing ones are the people who sent about 20 pm's back and forth about the issue.
Imagine explaining something to the same person for the 11th time... :eek:
second, there's no 'conspiracy-theory' here, folks. and i'm not looking to certain people in particular (well, ok, maybe i am, but you wouldn't know it. i just know that i probably get a pm from him now) :D
If you feel a certain amount of love or non-love for mods, there's no need to let that shine through every other ten posts.

About the ranking system; what would you feel about the common title 'Clone' ? It's easy, to-the-point and even ties in with a certain movie.. :D
 darthfergie
08-13-2001, 9:25 AM
Clone works for me:) It is better than registered then once at 1000posts you may call yourself a unique one of a kind guy:D
 Kuma
08-13-2001, 9:53 AM
I would just be happy if a could keep my real post count. The last time i was here, i made to pit droid. Today, SURPRISE!!!! I'M back down in deep....:confused:
 Young David
08-13-2001, 9:57 AM
Clone ... I'm no clone ...

I'm not the same as TIe-guy, Darth rommel or Boba Reth ... I am an induvidual and wish to be treathed like that ... or else ...

OR ELSE WE WILL ATTACK !!!!

:fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett: :fett:

Mwuhahahahaha !!!!
 Kuma
08-13-2001, 9:59 AM
Ohh, i read the announcement. Now i know what happened...Back to pit droid.

In Any case, i would keep the post count and get rid of the titles...
 Kvan
08-13-2001, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
Boy, am i glad this is in off-topic.
:D

let me point a few things out..
first, most people receive friendly pm's from me.
the ones that receive the more.. stressing ones are the people who sent about 20 pm's back and forth about the issue.
Imagine explaining something to the same person for the 11th time... :eek:
second, there's no 'conspiracy-theory' here, folks. and i'm not looking to certain people in particular (well, ok, maybe i am, but you wouldn't know it. i just know that i probably get a pm from him now) :D
If you feel a certain amount of love or non-love for mods, there's no need to let that shine through every other ten posts.

About the ranking system; what would you feel about the common title 'Clone' ? It's easy, to-the-point and even ties in with a certain movie.. :D
Yes. Everyone! Leon is probably talking about me!(I'm the one that send him messages asking if he is talking about me.) Unlike some people I don't care if you point me out or not! I can take what you have to say about me. Just Say it on the board! Don't go all cloak and Dagger like.
Anyway I'd don't bash every MOD, just the one's who are abusing there power a bit, but I don't care to take it up with Chris (unlike some) :p
But let me get back on topic....and drop this, in this thread, ok?
I don't like "Clone". I think it's too Epi. 1 era and doesn't have to do anything with the orginal trilogy.
 Paragon_Leon
08-13-2001, 11:21 AM
erm,

now i usually don't respond to these kinds of posts, but something is said here that i feel should be set straight.
First of all, you're the one jumping to conclusions now and shouting it around to everyone to hear. Look at your above post and think about it.
Second, i don't like the suggestion of 'abusing power' one bit. I'm moderating these forums. End of discussion. Did i delete some posts ? Yes. I can send you a sample of what i deleted. You'll see that there a big fuss over deleted posts like "Really ?", "Wow!", "Gee..." and, my personal favorite, "aaaa...." (end of irony).

I you feel there shouldn't be moderating done, say THAT. Don't claim or hint at power-abuse when what's done is simply following the board's rules. I've found that most people who break those rules, expect that they are not 'disciplined' for it in any way, and if it happens, they complain about it. I have send pm's to those in question before i deleted. But if you think about it, that's not an endless repeat-cycle. There's a limit to pointing things out to people.

Now that that's out, i'd like to add one friendly reminder... Please do not make this thread into ANOTHER post / moderating debate, people.. This is not a courtroom and we'll either move them over to feedback or close them altogether if those who have been warned feel they can start the whole discussion over again..
 Kvan
08-13-2001, 11:28 AM
I know, how about making us all just "aliens"?
BTW Leon I never said it was you, drop it please. And what I said is what I believe. Lets leave it at that
 darthfergie
08-13-2001, 11:29 AM
Lets just drop that like Kvan said.:o

I don't like "Clone". I think it's too Epi. 1 era and doesn't have to do anything with the orginal trilogy.

Yes but the thing is the Ep. II movie is coming out next and it is suppling a theme. What would you want for the trilogy? Stormie???
 Kvan
08-13-2001, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Lets just drop that like Kvan said.:o

Yes but the thing is the Ep. II movie is coming out next and it is suppling a theme. What would you want for the trilogy? Stormie???
Yeah, Stormtroopers might be clones so having stormtrooper could tie them altogether ;)
 darthfergie
08-13-2001, 11:32 AM

Yeah, Stormtroopers might be clones so having stormtrooper could tie them altogether ;)

your thinking thrawn there. EU:p Not trilogy:D
 Kvan
08-13-2001, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by darthfergie

your thinking thrawn there. EU:p Not trilogy:D
Well it's been hinted at (we are talking epi.2-3 here) that Stormtroopers are clones. I'm not saying they are or aren't :D
Maybe we can rotate our ranks? Like during the winter season, we could be Wampas/Tauntauns, and for Summer we could be Jawas/ or dewbacks.
 darthfergie
08-13-2001, 11:47 AM

Well it's been hinted at (we are talking epi.2-3 here) that Stormtroopers are clones. I'm not saying they are or aren't :D
Maybe we can rotate our ranks? Like during the winter season, we could be Wampas/Tauntauns, and for Summer we could be Jawas/ or dewbacks.

Works for me at least until 1000 posts(I'd be there by the end of this week,but NOOOO). But otherwise it sounds great. I like it at least. I hope they implement it.
 Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 11:48 AM
I'm no clone! and fergie... a those lost posts all you care about? :D
 darthfergie
08-13-2001, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
I'm no clone! and fergie... a those lost posts all you care about? :D

I must have them. Lost HOURS of sitting in front of a computer I deserve reconciliation. Once I get to 1000 I won't care at all but until then:D Don't worry I won't spam...much.:D
 Darth_Rommel
08-13-2001, 11:53 AM
Oh... well I lost about 2 hours of posts... only 100 ;)
 Paragon_Leon
08-14-2001, 4:16 PM
2 hours = 120 minutes divided by 100 posts = 1 minute 12 seconds per post.

my goodness.
 Kvan
08-14-2001, 5:32 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
2 hours = 120 minutes divided by 100 posts = 1 minute 12 seconds per post.

my goodness.
HEY! You guys should set it so Rommel can only reply every 5 minutes :D
 Tie Guy
08-14-2001, 5:33 PM
But that's not possible Rom, flood control is on, so you can only possibly post every 30 seconds.
 Darth_Rommel
08-14-2001, 7:15 PM
And who says I don't :D
Page: 1 of 1