Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Computer @ Med Level?

Page: 1 of 1
 Mordraken
12-05-2001, 1:59 PM
I've played 3 games against the computer at medium (middle) difficulty, all against the Empire (two was me as Rebel, one as Naboo). In all games, the computer did not develop any air units, but plenty of Sith. In one game, the # of Sith seemed about the same as troopers. Because of the lack of air (and surprisingly Air defense), I won all these games easily.

In my one and only game at Hard level, I didn't make it far enough to see air units (got wiped before TL3).

Has anyone else noticed a lack of air by the computer and/or an over-emphasis on Jedi/Sith?
 Heavyarms
12-05-2001, 2:03 PM
I don't notice those things. It is probably because the empire have weak air, and strong jedi! If they were the Naboo, for instance, ya, they would use air a bit. more.
 Supreme Warlord
12-05-2001, 3:52 PM
never have noticed that... I do notice that they love to use plummels and storm trooper and like you said lots of sith. I dont care because i got to win heheehe:D Play it on Hard and man they cheat like crazy....makes it more fun though...;)
 Chessack
12-14-2001, 4:50 PM
Originally posted by Mordraken
I've played 3 games against the computer at medium (middle) difficulty, all against the Empire (two was me as Rebel, one as Naboo). In all games, the computer did not develop any air units, but plenty of Sith. In one game, the # of Sith seemed about the same as troopers. Because of the lack of air (and surprisingly Air defense), I won all these games easily.

In my one and only game at Hard level, I didn't make it far enough to see air units (got wiped before TL3).

Has anyone else noticed a lack of air by the computer and/or an over-emphasis on Jedi/Sith?

Yup yup. The computer rarely builds air as the Empire or the Trade Fed, on Moderate level. This is probably because it "knows" their air power is weak, but you are right. It also makes very little air defense. On Moderate, against the Empire and/or the Trade Fed, I have found that if you can hold the computer's rushes off long enough to get to tech 4 and build shielded air units, you win almost all the time.

I can see the computer not building air units when they're just going to be meat anyway. But it definitely needs to do better AA building. Perhaps it does so on Hard. Like you, I am a slow starter and usually get whooped so early on Hard that I never see the Air phase.

The computer does use air power better as Naboo or the Rebs. However, it doesn't develop its research very well, and often fails to produce shielded ships (again, on Moderate... dunno about Hard).

May the Force be with you.
Page: 1 of 1