Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Computer resignations suck!

Page: 1 of 1
 duthied
12-05-2001, 11:56 AM
Is there any way to prevent computer opponents from resigning?

Even on 'Kill the Commander' they still resign...:confused:
 Heavyarms
12-05-2001, 2:05 PM
I think they are designed like that. Impossible to completely kill them before they give up. Maybe an issue that needs to be addressed.
 SirBlack
12-05-2001, 3:23 PM
They only seem to give up once you've destroyed all their Workers, exhausted their resources, and killed their military I think. So why shouldn't they resign? There's not really much point to harassing the remaining prefabs and walls and crap when the comp has no chance of winning.
 Supreme Warlord
12-05-2001, 3:50 PM
Agreed I do not like to kill every single thing that the computer has... It take too long and i have other computers to combat. So I like it that way but hey you got your opnion....:D
 duthied
12-05-2001, 10:33 PM
I would think that if the Commander hasn't been killed...game continues that 's all.
 Grimjack
12-06-2001, 5:31 PM
If you destroy most of the computers workers and resources it will surrender, even if it's Commander is still alive. I have never had the computer surrender prematurely, in fact just the opposite. After a big offensive where I destory most of it's town, if I don't get every little worker, it'll keep playing. This is kind of annoying because in all the games I've played the computer never rebuilds. I'll comeback 20 min later, after killing another computer, and it's town is in the same pitifull state as when I left it.
 ReaperFett
12-09-2001, 5:52 AM
The Empire once resigned with two fortresses left with me. I only had one or two bombers and fighters left
 Chessack
12-14-2001, 4:26 PM
Originally posted by Supreme Warlord
Agreed I do not like to kill every single thing that the computer has... It take too long and i have other computers to combat. So I like it that way but hey you got your opnion....:D

Right. I remember on the old AoE game, I was teaching a friend how to play. We had hooked up our laptop PCs over a null cable, and it was 2 of us against 2 PC opponents. We had smashed both opponents, but the game had not ended. We went everywhere on land -- nothing. We finally explored the edges of the map, and way off in one corner. we found a stationary fishing boat just sitting there doing nothing. The game wouldn't award us a "victory" until we had destroyed it.

Or sometimes there would be a Storage Pit or a House somewhere off in an unexplored little bit of the map (or a place you explored but haven't been back to in 40 minutes), and again, you had to either just say, "OK, I won, I'm not going to try to find the last remaining vestiges", or you sometimes had to spend half an hour looking for the darn thing.

So I actually like it that the computer will resign. It prevents you from having to search the map senselessly.

I do agree, though, that on 'kill the commander' it'd be nice if they didn't resign till after you did that ;)
Page: 1 of 1