Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

GB Diplomacy...

Page: 1 of 1
 Clefo
12-03-2001, 8:23 PM
I had a thread on this but it got deleated.... You all know what this map is about.. I'm just kinda mad...
 Heavyarms
12-03-2001, 9:25 PM
A lot of my new threads are gone... hmm... Anyway, I think it sounds good, people said mine sounded good, I need to finish it, and it will be soon, in 2 weeks I promise!
 Jedi_Knight
12-04-2001, 12:39 AM
post it up again clefo it looks good so far
 Clefo
12-04-2001, 9:36 AM
You start out in the "Real World" (I.E Earth) there are 8 sides to choose from

1. United States (Rebels)
2. Canada (Rebels)
3. Great Britan (Naboo)
4. France (Naboo)
5. Germany (Naboo)
6. Russia (Empire)
7. China (Empire)
8. Japan (Rebels)
9. Various other nations (Gaia)
I don't feel like posting the bonusses right now..

You get money every 5 minutes from Taxes. Everyone's tax rate is different..

Instead of the Rebel unique unit or the Imperial unique unit: When you build one depending on the side you get, you get something else instead. (I.e When Canada builds an Airspeeder they get a Wookiee Heavy Assault Mech instead)

Make alliances and backstab.. To win you (Or your allies) have to be the only ones left...
 Heavyarms
12-04-2001, 11:45 AM
you can't make player 9... unless they are jawas and other things like that, or units you find and pick up.
 Clefo
12-04-2001, 6:30 PM
I know that.. thats why its called (Gaia)
 Heavyarms
12-04-2001, 6:39 PM
the making the different weapon thing doesn't sound possible...
 Clefo
12-04-2001, 6:42 PM
Well if the triggers are like the ones in SC, Then I can do it..
 Jedi_Knight
12-04-2001, 7:53 PM
1)will there be triggers and eye candy
2) will it be a campaign.
 Clefo
12-04-2001, 8:15 PM
1. Triggers: Of course Eye Candy: If you consider GB graphics Eye Candy..

2. Maybe.. I wanna make the massive multiplayer map first...
 Dagobahn Eagle
12-04-2001, 9:04 PM
Hmmm.. whatever happened to the fun old AoK "start on the South/North pole and colonize at will" thing?

Would be kind of fun to play a regicide game here, but:

6. Russia (Empire)
7. China (Empire)

Pardon me asking, but is there any specific reason why Russia&China have to be looked upon so badly by 99% of all Americans and now shows up as evil factions :mad:. I'm not joking, I seriously want to know. Besides from the fact that your country invaded them before most of you were even born? Also, neither of them ever invaded you (you disliked the communism and blah blah blah, but remember that the Soviet union did a great job liberating Europe during WW2).

By the way, what's the faction thing for anyway? Whenever someone starts a scenario they'll be able to build new factions, won't they?

9. Various other nations (Gaia)
Don't like the idea (a player would just move about and take over whatever). The map should be all empty, in my opinion.
 Stan|SCN Punk
12-04-2001, 9:26 PM
:mad: I am very displeased by this. To me, America is the Empire, the west is the Empire. Why? Has China ever attempted at global domination? No. Had Russia or China bombed other nation's embassies? No. Have China waged war and killing hundreds even thousands just because they "think" they got bombed by that nation? No.

Enough said.
 Heavyarms
12-04-2001, 9:28 PM
Stan, it is also supposed to resemble like a diplo map, right clefo?Dude, don't go around shooting up his idea.
 Clefo
12-05-2001, 5:22 PM
You people are whacked.

Russia and China are the Empire cause they suit my needs better. Example: Russia is a snowy country, Stormtroopers are the closest thing we have to Alpine Ice troopers. I made China the Empire cause If I didn't there would only be 1 Empire player, and I don't think thats very balanced. Its not cause I think they are "Evil". If my replaceing trigger works right, I can replace their TIE aircraft with something more sutible like Wookiee or TF air.. Besides a good 95% of the forumrunners are convinced the Empire is good..

By the way, what's the faction thing for anyway? Whenever someone starts a scenario they'll be able to build new factions, won't they?

Could you elaborate on that? I'm not too sure what you mean...
 Dagobahn Eagle
12-05-2001, 8:58 PM
Russia and China are the Empire cause they suit my needs better. ... Russia is a snowy country, Stormtroopers are the losest thing we have to Alpine Ice troopers.

You know Canada is kind of "snowy" too.

I made China the Empire cause If I didn't there would only be 1 Empire player, and I don't think thats very balanced

If my replaceing trigger works right, I can replace their TIE aircraft with something more sutible like Wookiee or TF air.. Besides a good 95% of the forumrunners are convinced the Empire is good..

Regarding the build new factions thing; I'm sorry, I meant "Choose their own factions". Go into standard game, choose "Scenario..."/World diplomacy. You'll see all 8 players listed, along with their color and whetever they're ready or not (red or green). And then, for example, the players can click that civilisation bar and change "Rebel" to "Naboo" for example. I guess 99% of all players will do this, as there's no way to prevent this in the scenario editor (just the same way as there might be a Gungan prison on Kessel in Jailbreak!, right?).

Thus -no offense-, I don't see why you need triggers to have one civ use another's unit.

Okay, besides from this diplomatic stuff, it's looking good (can you post screenshots (CTRL+F12)?).
 Clefo
12-05-2001, 9:22 PM
Good point about the factions.. I'm starting to think doing the world would be kinda.. too open for my tastes.. I may think about changing it to just Europe, that would make it more interesting..

I could have:

Spain
England
France
Germany
Russia
Italy
Maybe an Alliance of the Northern European Countries (Norway, Sweeden, Finland)
Turkey mayhaps...
 Heavyarms
12-06-2001, 11:12 AM
HOw bout afghanistan? I should make a map on that! The battle for Afghanistan!

One is osama
One is Kabul
One is Kandahar

One is Northern Alliance
One is the US Air Force
One is the Northern alliance 2nd division
Page: 1 of 1