Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Do Computer Games Cause Violence?..blamed again!!

Page: 1 of 1
 CaptainRAVE
08-06-2001, 4:56 PM
I know there is always a topic on this.....but....this is fact...

Yet another murder has been blamed on computer games - this time, the shooting of a guard at an abortion clinic, which coincided with the release of an expansion for the popular 3D shoot-em-up game Half Life.

Yet is such a correlation really accurate? The folks at CFGN (CyberForce Gaming Nation) disagree. For example, tensions at the abortion clinic had been running high, long before the release of the game in Australia.

The article blaming the killing on the game overlooks a few key elements of Half Life. I.e., why would it encourage the murder of guards, when the HL character is a guard, trying to protect scientists? Also, murder has in game negative consequences.
 elite_man2002
08-06-2001, 4:59 PM
it them who choose to isnt the games much it just influinces the a bit :eek:
 Dante
08-06-2001, 5:08 PM
so if im to understand the argument correctly all the violence in the world is caused by poeple who have played one too many games of super mario world...thats understandable... :rolleyes:
 Jimi-Wan
08-06-2001, 6:27 PM
Games dont cause violence, or murder, people do. End of story. These idiotic people are just looking for an easy way out of life imprisonment, IMO, by blaming something other than their own dumb selves.

Sorry if i sound a little irratated in this post, but i love my games too much for them to be censored and hence, ruined by a couple of idiotic, violent, and murderous psychopaths.

It's just like people blaming bands for the same thing. This happened to ACDC, i can not live w/ out my ACDC.

These people are just dumb, period.

Sorry if i offended anyone in this forum (i hope i didnt).
 Rogue15
08-06-2001, 7:11 PM
Originally posted by Jimi-Wan:
<STRONG>couple of idiotic, violent, and murderous psychopaths.

It's just like people blaming bands for the same thing. This happened to ACDC, i can not live w/ out my ACDC.

These people are just dumb, period.

Sorry if i offended anyone in this forum (i hope i didnt).</STRONG>

*gasp* u dare go against us psychopaths at roguesquadron.net! oh wait, we're not murderous. but still, DON'T MAKE FUN OF PSYCHOPATHS!!!!!!! AAAAAAAHAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
 MadPoster
08-06-2001, 8:12 PM
Sorry if i offended anyone in this forum

Having offended <small>(more than)</small> a few people, I wouldn't worry about it.

And yes, it is just an easy excuse. People need to take responsiblity for their own actions.

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: MadPoster ]
 wardz
08-06-2001, 8:14 PM
ahhh,

that sigs much more pleasing on the eye.

now, THE FORUM IS NEARLY RID OF OVERSIZED SIGS!!! (well theres more, but some people dont post anymore)

MUWAHAHAHA!

Another One Bites The Dust! And Another One Down...

:)

wardz
 acdcfanbill
08-06-2001, 11:22 PM
i stand by may last post on this subject, i dont remimber what the hell i said, but it was along the line with most gamers. anyway, i also have had the displeasure of seeing AC/DC blamed for many things they werent responcible for. there was even a falling death this last tour, tis a shame, that in this great day in age, people have nothing better to do, than hire lawyers and make them selves feel better by laying blame on others.
 Jimi-Wan
08-07-2001, 12:39 AM
Dont worry Rogue, I'm not making fun of psychopaths. Just, the idiotic, violent, and murderous ones.

Again, i am truly, really, very sorry for offending anyone.
 Shobogan
08-07-2001, 2:27 AM
For some people its easier to blame something or someone then to find the real answer to the problem. Violence in games may be a factor but its definitaly not the factor, its just the one that the media can push easiest. And they may be a factor too.

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: Shobogan ]
 MadPoster
08-07-2001, 8:44 PM
posted by wardz:
Another One Bites The Dust! And Another One Down...

Don't get too cocky, or I'll get a special sig, just for you :cool:
Page: 1 of 1