Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which vehicle would you most like to pilot in JKII?

Page: 1 of 1
 CaptainRAVE
08-05-2001, 8:45 PM
As usual i start the POLL topic..becoming regular now....(but first...heres my theory...Raven get the sites to do this so they get an idea of what to have in-game which means there will be vehicles (of course, we'll find this out in the game in later months.))

I voted AT-AT....just because of the size and firepower (i.e. destruction)

But...we have the Millennium Falcon which would be cool for historical purposes...

The Sand Crawler, boring....but some people may like it (last in the polls I reckon)...

Slave I...which someone will have to tell me what that is....(and dont say you dont know because *someone* voted for it....and it WASNT me.......

Speeder Bike....which is quick and would be good fun to pilot...this and the AT-AT are gonna be close :)....like last times Luke and Mara....

X-Wing, which would be cool for space trips...

Which ones did you vote for and WHY????

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainRAVE ]
 OnlyOneCanoli
08-05-2001, 9:46 PM
Speeder bike because everything else would be hard to do with the engine, I think.
 matt--
08-05-2001, 9:58 PM
AT-AT for me. I was thinking hard about the speeder bike though.
 Vagabond
08-05-2001, 11:25 PM
I voted for the AT-AT, with the Speeder Bike and Sand Crawler my second and third choices. Were JKII not an FPS, I'd have voted for Slave I or the Millennium Falcon, or preferably the Moldy Crow - but piloting spacecraft doesn't seem to mesh with the gameplay type of JKII, so I focused on the ground vehicles. Of these, the AT-AT would be the most interesting to pilot, with the Speeder Bike a close second. The Sand Crawler would be more interesting to explore than to drive, it being so slow.
 Krayt Tion
08-06-2001, 12:47 AM
*200 stormies on the Horizion*
"Jan! We are getting outta there! To the sand crawler!"
"Give it juice they are gaining on us!"
:rolleyes:

I would go with Speeder Bike, that thing can really jet.

For flyin' The Crow without a doubt. Jan can't have all the fun.
 oninosensi
08-06-2001, 1:07 AM
I would have to go with speeder bike, preferable a swoop.
 Angry Drunken Ewok
08-06-2001, 3:21 AM
I voted for speeder bike because i liked piloting it in Rebel Assault 2 so i figured it would be a whole lot better on this engine..............by the way the Slave 1 is Boba Fett's ship
 GonkH8er
08-06-2001, 6:20 AM
atat....

KILL CRUSH DESTROY!

:) it'd be cool to make, like....... a field of gonks, all walking round happily going GONK GONK........ then over the horizon, apears an ATAT with a raving maniac behind the wheel....

"Die you stupid droids, DIE" shouts the madman!

AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH
 The Wanderer
08-06-2001, 6:53 AM
yeah, but AT-AT's are HUUUUUGE. can you imagine how huge a level would need to be, the vastness of the open areas required to pilot that big honking mother around. and you'd probably only really be able to use it in one level if they implimented it. Because a level would have to be tailor made just for it's use and story wise it would seem weird if you just happened to comandeer an AT-AT 2 or 3 times in one game. and unless the game has an unusual amount of tank-like enemies you'd be using it mostly to blow up storm troopers. (it is an FPS after all) that's a lot like killing flies with an AK-47, which I don't imagine would be very easy to do either.

but the speeder Bike or a swoop on the other hand... that's small enough to manuver around most levels even smaller ones, it'd actually fit inside most buildings/bases/complexes, it'd be fun to fly around and explore in, it's also fast and would be a cool way to travel from one area to another, and being a form of personal transport it wouldn't seem too odd or out of place if it were used multiple times in one game.
 Rogue15
08-06-2001, 1:51 PM
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't know what Slave I is? well, i'm not telling you because you'd kill yourself for sounding so stupid. k?

Well, i voted for the AT-AT. The speeder bike was already used in sote, so it'd be NOTHING new. AT-AT is far cooler.

fine, Slave I is Boba Fett's ship. Read The Bounty Hunter Wars 1 & 2.
 CaptainRAVE
08-06-2001, 4:11 PM
SO its a general view point that youd only want the AT-AT for its general destruction :)>>>even though it wouldnt be good for anything else :rolleyes:

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainRAVE ]
 elite_man2002
08-06-2001, 4:56 PM
at-at defenatly :p
 Dante
08-06-2001, 5:01 PM
im goin for slave1...im sorry but the idea of flying Boba fetts ship...hmmmmm :)
 Jimi-Wan
08-06-2001, 6:37 PM
Speeder Bike, all the way. I loved piloting that Swoop in SOTE. If i wanted to pilot the Slave I, MF, X-W, i'd just play XW:A. As for the Sandcrawler, to me, in a FPS, it's no fun.

Plus, wouldn't it be awesome to stick your saber off to the side and chop off some stormies heads as you fly by? Cant do that in any other of them.
 Rogue15
08-06-2001, 7:53 PM
I'd like to know what the insides of an at-at are REALLY like. to be able to walk around inside it, lok out the view port watching the creators of the massive beast run in terror as their weapon has been used against them...ok everybody get out the book Tales of the New Republic and read 'No Disentigrations, please' and u'll see what I mean.
 MadPoster
08-06-2001, 8:22 PM
If we pilot the sandcrawler, can we run over moisture farms and sand people?
 acdcfanbill
08-06-2001, 11:25 PM
well, not if your a light jedi, its not very becoming to the jedi code. plus, its just not nice!! and on top of it, it would stink with the stench of jawa's who (if my memory serves me) smell, BAD!!
 Boba Rhett
08-07-2001, 12:02 AM
AT AT all they way. And maybe you could also get up from your seat, walk around in it and then climb out and do some hand to hand killing. :)
 CaptainRAVE
08-07-2001, 4:38 PM
Yea, that would be cool. Can you imagine the SIZE of it with the Quake 3 engine :)
 Rogue15
08-07-2001, 6:40 PM
it would be so awesome, i say the only way to ride it is to hijack it, kill the at-at drivers (or force persuade them) and take it over. mwahahahahaha!!!! and u could like get over the comm units and say 'cease your attack at once or u may be fired upon' and then they cease their attack and instead of firing you run them over!!!!
 CaptainRAVE
08-07-2001, 6:46 PM
Thats the most sensible and funny thing Rogue15 has ever said....see it wasnt that difficult :rolleyes:
 Gabrobot
08-07-2001, 6:51 PM
I voted AT-AT, but I would rather pilot an AT-ST.

An AT-ST is small but powerful, and could be more useful in some ways, think about it and you'll know what I mean.
 CaptainRAVE
08-07-2001, 6:58 PM
Yesm same kind of firepower, but much faster. That would be a good medium between the AT-AT and the speeder bike :).
 acdcfanbill
08-07-2001, 11:45 PM
hmm, defently!!
 Red_XIIII
08-08-2001, 1:04 AM
I voted AT-ST, but i would Like to See Kyle at some point escapin from an imp ship or base, in a T/I and you have to shoot down the Tie squadrens Chasing you, or of course jus go run and hide heh.
 access_flux
08-08-2001, 1:30 AM
wouldn't it be cool if he piloted (heres a carazy idea) a couple of different vehicles? like the AT-AT AND a Speeder bike?
it seem wierd but i think that would be alright....
 GonkH8er
08-08-2001, 5:46 AM
its pretty much even at the moment. very close
 CaptainRAVE
08-08-2001, 5:58 PM
Yea, I think the speeder bike will win eventually, but it is still changable at the moment.
 Ratmjedi
12-01-2002, 4:26 AM
I know that this is a very old thread but look at the custom title. :D
This looks like a good thread that can use some reviving. Wouldn't you of liked to pilot some of the stuff that was posted above?
I personally would of loved to of Piloted something other than that AT-ST. I would of liked to of piloted the Slave I or the Falcon. That would of been so cool. What do you guy's think?
:duel: :lsduel:
 gorganfloss
12-01-2002, 4:34 AM
Damn this is old.:eek:

I would have liked to pilot a swoop or speeder bike. Itd be fun to hold a lightsaber out and clothesline stormtroopers.
 GonkH8er
12-01-2002, 5:06 AM
If you don't mind, I'LL do the thread ressurrecting round here :)
 Breton
12-01-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Rogue15

fine, Slave I is Boba Fett's ship. Read The Bounty Hunter Wars 1 & 2.

No it wasn't! It was Jango Fett's ship!
 Kstar__2
12-01-2002, 1:30 PM
speederbike!:D

:lol:
 Ratmjedi
12-01-2002, 5:55 PM
Originally posted by GonkH8er
If you don't mind, I'LL do the thread ressurrecting round here :)
But can't I?

I was also wondering. You've been here for some time so help me out. Why are R15 and Rhett's post all under guest's?
I was looking at all the old thread from GB and here and that's how all there post's are untill it breaks and they are under their own account's. Could they not establish a accont or something?
I was just wondering cause I like to know a lot of stuff and it's cool learning about the history that is behind these forums.

So can some old geezer that has been here for awhile answer my question?
J/K about the geezer thing but can I get a response from someone who know's the answer. Thanks
:duel: :lsduel:
 ET Warrior
12-02-2002, 11:51 PM
AT-AT all the way....it would be really neat if you had to sneak your way into an imperial base and steal one....then drive that baby out of there raining mass destruction on the heads of all who stand in your way!!! :p
 DiRtY $oUtH™
12-03-2002, 12:01 AM
Gotta go with the AT-AT. I would enjoy the destruction!:atat:
 Skull Knight
12-03-2002, 12:08 AM
Speeder bike all the way. AT-AT as second choice for the DESTRUCTION!!! X-Wing third for the coolness.
:Isduel: :mauls:
 teutonicknight
12-03-2002, 12:21 AM
I would pick the speeder bike, In my opinion I would lose patience if I froce the very slow AT-AT

"You will learn patience..."
 LONGBOW19
12-09-2002, 11:22 PM
the slave-1 and a delta 7.
 git_sum_stuka
12-10-2002, 12:05 AM
Jedi star fighter: it owns and can dodge firepower like when obi-wan was getting rammed by jangho
 Hyperglide
12-10-2002, 12:49 AM
Ya I would say an AT-ST rather then an AT-AT they are to big! If you're gonna use something big I'd go with a Star Destroyer those things own.

Also aren't swoops the same things as speeder bikes for the most part?? Just a few different modifications.

I ALWAYS wanted to use a Gungan Sub. Those things are cool. Never seen em used in any video games yet. Or how about a something organic like a Taun-Taun?
 -s/<itzo-
12-10-2002, 2:00 AM
i'm not familiar with these names so anything that would fly is good enough.
Page: 1 of 1