Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Could someone please give me directions to the nearest 7-11?

Page: 1 of 1
 Krayt Tion
08-05-2001, 3:02 AM
Hi (http://www.jediknightii.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=000006).

Some of you might remember me as one of the forum administrators aboard the ill-fated vessel known as the HMS Obi-wankenobi.net, Jediknight.net's former sister site. It is good to be back aboard a sturdier ship that is bound instead this time for the Land of Star Wars Gaming Goodness.

Ship metaphors aside, congratulations and best of luck to Vagabond and Co. He will eventually be back in full strength with us, but right now I don't wish him to be any other place but with his family. In the meantime, I will ensure that things run smoothly around here. Not that they haven't been. You guys are a good bunch, as the JK.Net community has almost always been.

If you have any questions you can email me at starwarsgamer@yahoo.com until my jediknightii.net address goes up sometime tomorrow.

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: Krayt Tion ]
 ZeroXcape
08-05-2001, 4:17 AM
Welcome aboard! :cool:
 GonkH8er
08-05-2001, 4:39 AM
welcome, from the hater of gonks and his minions of death
 Denise
08-05-2001, 5:20 AM
Well, enjoy the peacefulness while you can, and good luck with it. Moderation can be a nasty, thankless job at times (you probably know already). :)

As for myself, I'll try not to drive you completely batty. This week. :cool:
 matt--
08-05-2001, 5:28 AM
I, on the other hand, will get started right away. :cool:
 OnlyOneCanoli
08-05-2001, 5:40 AM
I can already tell that I won't like this guy too much.
 GonkH8er
08-05-2001, 6:55 AM
who? krayt or matt :)
 CaptainRAVE
08-05-2001, 7:45 AM
WELCOME....from the RAVE :)
 GonkH8er
08-05-2001, 7:50 AM
hey rave, less than 100 posts to go til the big one eh? :)
 Letalis
08-05-2001, 9:19 AM
K-Ti, that's a cool nickname!

Anyway, congrats on the new possie! Have fun! :p
 Qui-GONE Jinn
08-05-2001, 10:42 AM
Welcome, and it's good to see you again Krayt!
 Wilhuf
08-05-2001, 1:14 PM
Blar capn' Krayt! Mainsails at the ready!
 Krayt Tion
08-05-2001, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by Letalis:
<STRONG>K-Ti, that's a cool nickname!</STRONG>

Yeah, I've gone Pop, it will help my career. Much like Jennifer Lopez and J-Lo. Look for my new album "Your Love Costs Too Damn Much" in stores Monday.

Quiet you Italian Pastry, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Do your worst gang ;) It won't be anything I haven't seen before, especially after the whole fan reaction to a game (or lack there-of) whose name I dare not speak.
 nykel007
08-05-2001, 4:15 PM
So you're the new captian of the ship,huh. Welcome. :D
 acdcfanbill
08-05-2001, 4:17 PM
i fart in your general direction, oh, and how did you come about getting the jedi master rank? just wondering...
 OnlyOneCanoli
08-05-2001, 4:31 PM
It came because he held Zero, Aristotle, Jeff, and all those other guys hostage until they gave him the rank!

I'm telling you, this guy's evil.
 Krayt Tion
08-05-2001, 4:42 PM
The title Jedi Master is the Star Wars equivalent of the term Moderator on these forums. It is used so members can easily seperate us from the pack when they need official answers to their questions or problems about particular forums under the moderator's control.

Others you might notice have the Jedi Council rank, which is roughly the Star Wars equivalent of Site Administrator. These are people that for the most part are involved with the jediknightii.net site itself, inside as well as outside the forums. News posters like ZeroXcape, ChrisC3PO, and Jeff Walters are on the Jedi Council, as well as a few others that are responsbile for things completely behind the scenes (which might be in addition to their other duties). As far as these forums are concerned, Jedi Council members wield greater control over all forums, as opposed to the moderators who are only have power in the particular forums they oversee.
 wardz
08-05-2001, 8:05 PM
POWER HE HAS POWER!!!!

Damn you!!! I wanted this job!!

ahh no matter, welcome.

I hope this time we will get our game and then the forums will be packed.

We are just warming up...

wardz
 CaptainRAVE
08-05-2001, 8:19 PM
Originally posted by GonkH8er:
<STRONG>hey rave, less than 100 posts to go til the big one eh? :)</STRONG>

Yea....do you rememeber when we first joined...seems like ages. We were the king posters. Anyway...hopefully there will be lots more happy posting days ahead (so lets not mention OB1.net)....hopefully this site will go alot longer :)
 wardz
08-05-2001, 9:07 PM
I think we should mention OB1 from time to time.

I can honestly say that was the best forum I have ever been on. This site is good also, but that had a certain "je ne sais quoi" about it.

This will take its place one day and when it does, OB1 can then be laid to rest (along with that crappy game for the $box.)

Anyway, our patience has paid off.

wardz
 Darth Simpson
08-06-2001, 8:53 AM
Ahh, the forum is in great hands with K-Ti at the wheel.
 GonkH8er
08-06-2001, 11:07 AM
Long live comrade Tion! Long live animal farm!!!....... hang on....... wrong place....

Long live JKii.net!
 Wilhuf
08-06-2001, 1:38 PM
Blar, mateys! Do not forget how weird it sounds to actually hear yer name prounounced out loud, Captain Krayt!

"Crate"

;)

BTW K-Ti, you've probably been asked this dozens of times already, but is Krayt based on Krayt dragons from Star Wars right?
 acdcfanbill
08-06-2001, 1:41 PM
well i figgured you were admin or something, i just never noticed anyone else with the 'master' title, all i ever was were 'knights'(us peons) and 'council' (you kings...)
 Jedi Bib
08-06-2001, 1:59 PM
Krayt not only has the power, he has the touch!

Light this forum's darkest hour Krayty!
 Krayt Tion
08-06-2001, 3:38 PM
Sometimes it can be confusing because Moderators do hold the Jedi Master title in forums they do not moderate. If you look in this thread, for example, Wilhuf is not listed as a Jedi Master, even though he is still technically a moderator working for Jkii.net, even when he posts here. It is the same for me when I post in the forums I do not moderate, my title is Jedi Knight. Jedi Council status will never change for the admins, however, since their powers are omnipresent on these boards.

Wilhuf, yes, I 'was named' after the ferocious Krayt Dragons of Tatooine. There is more to the rest of my name but I will save it for this thread (http://www.jediknightii.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=17&t=000233), I am long overdue there anyways. I shall call upon my trusty Moniker Word Document to conveniently aid me as it has many times when I get off work this evening. As far as name choosing goes it is semi-interesting in my opinion so check it out if you want.

Bib, hope that I never have to unleash the power of the Matrix of Leaderish. I would never let things get to that point but you never know when something of Unicron proportions may come along (still on the transformers kick?).

Thanks for the enthusiasm, guys. This time around it looks like we'll actually be here for something. :)

[ August 06, 2001: Message edited by: Krayt Tion ]
 access_flux
08-08-2001, 1:11 AM
WelKome Krayt-Tion, hope ya enjoy hanging with that boyz and Girlz that call these boards home. :) so lets havew a party.. whose got the drinks ?? :p
Page: 1 of 1