Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Half-Life Tech?

Page: 1 of 1
 ZeroXcape
06-07-2001, 1:18 PM
Anyone recently see the new HL technology that comes out at the end of this month? Gamespy's been doing a feature on Valve and currently they are on day 2 of 3. Check out the new <a href="http://www.gamespy.com/articles/june01/hlmod2a/">voice</a>) properties!
 Wilhuf
06-07-2001, 1:27 PM
Sounds pretty cool. An improvement over Roger Wilco, which works pretty good as is.

Would be nice if Raven included a similar integrated voice tech with JKO.

BTW I wonder if we will be able to play audio taunts in JKO like we did in MotS?
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-07-2001, 3:04 PM
I think it's pretty cool.

I have Roger Wilco, but I've never used it. For one thing I don't have anyone to use it with. Anyone want to help me out here?
 CaptainRAVE
06-07-2001, 4:50 PM
Sounds super cool to me :D
 Letalis
06-08-2001, 2:59 AM
Originally posted by Ki-Adi-Mundi:
<STRONG>
I have Roger Wilco, but I've never used it. For one thing I don't have anyone to use it with. Anyone want to help me out here?</STRONG>

ICQ me, or e-mail me, I can get you set up and talking in no time...

:)
 Ki-Adi-Mundi
06-08-2001, 1:20 PM
I've added you to my ICQ list. I sent you a message. Right now I'm waiting for a response. ;)
 ZeroXcape
06-15-2001, 5:15 AM
I didn't really enjoy DCM much, but I still can't wait for the next HL patch heh.
 Darth Simpson
06-15-2001, 10:22 AM
Ki-Adi, I'll talk to ya. It's been a while y'know. ;)
 Vagabond
06-15-2001, 10:58 AM
That Half-Life voice thing sounds pretty cool, and I agree, it would be great if JO had something like that as well.

Regarding Roger Wilco, Wilhuf and I use it everytime we play online. It's really cool and works as described in that Half-Life piece.
 CaptainRAVE
06-15-2001, 5:47 PM
Yea, Roger Wilco is cool and really aids in a great overall gaming experience!
Page: 1 of 1