Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can someone point me in the direction

Page: 1 of 1
 Kudar
10-23-2001, 5:16 AM
of a online tutorial for using the scenario editor in Age of Empires, while I don't actually own it, I'd still like to get a heads up on the general workings of it before GB comes out.

I have so many questions about the whole scenario side of things that I thought it'd be best to read up on some general guides first before I ask some really stupid questions :D
 Paragon_Leon
10-23-2001, 5:26 AM
Hope you don't mind me putting this where it belongs...

good thinking on scenario-editing beforehand; it'll give you an edge once the game is out.
 Kudar
10-23-2001, 5:29 AM
Sorry Leon :) , for some reason I thought I was already in this forum.

Yeah I thought it'd be good idea to get a start, especially for those that aren't AoK players, plus I have a few ideas for storylines etc, but there is no point putting them together unless I know how triggers and things work :)
 Young David
10-23-2001, 5:31 AM
Try aok.heavengames.com they have tutorials and a good scenario editing forum.
 Kudar
10-23-2001, 5:36 AM
Good man David :)

I found this, might be useful

http://scnpunk.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?53)

Introduction
Making a scenario, or a campaign, in Age of Kings is not an easy matter. One of the most important aspects in making scenarios and campaigns is map design. A bad map can destroy the beauties of a scenario, and at the same time can strengthen the impact of it.

loads more articles here

http://scnpunk.heavengames.com/articles/tofc/tome1.shtml)

including a 20 page Word document tutorial on triggers wow

http://scnpunk.heavengames.com/aokpunk/design/trigger/ultimatetriggertut/triggertutorial.zip)
 WC_heavyarms
10-23-2001, 6:16 AM
he's right about that. I don't do scen work much, i played with the trigs a bit, I have no idea how to use some, So that is why I am asking for help when the game comes out, because I am making a blaster blood, using everything between trooper recruits to mechs to i'm thinking maybe artillery cannons and then possibly to assault mechs. We will see...
 Kudar
10-23-2001, 9:51 AM
I am making a blaster blood

:confused: blaster blood? whats that then?
 DSSITHMASTER
10-23-2001, 11:01 AM
what the hell is blaster blood?
 Clefo
10-23-2001, 11:35 AM
Posting useless stuff is fun, isn't it Viper :rolleyes:

In Starcraft a "Blood" (or Madness) map was where you would start off with a certain type of unit, and you would gain one of these units per second... So there's really no strategy involved
 Kudar
10-23-2001, 1:56 PM
Originally posted by Clefo

In Starcraft a "Blood" (or Madness) map was where you would start off with a certain type of unit, and you would gain one of these units per second... So there's really no strategy involved

So the idea for that being maximum carnage then I suppose?

Tell me, how do you complete such a level? if there are new units every second (which I read is possible in the scenario editor) How do you stop each other?
 WC_heavyarms
10-23-2001, 2:02 PM
In blaster blood, you will start off by getting the most basic unit, the trooper recruit. you will then get upgrades to weaponry and different units, like you would get some mechs and air, the highest I think would be the AT-AT. You would also start out with 2 jedi, 2 mech destroyers, and 2 hvy anti-air troopers. To win, you must destroy the fortress that they have. REinforcements would give you pummels and some heros i'd look at in the unit box.
 Kudar
10-23-2001, 2:05 PM
Cheers for that WC_heavyarms, doesn't sound that great, though I'll no doubt have a go at one if someone creates a level for GB :)
 Kudar
10-24-2001, 4:38 AM
Well I read the trigger tutorial yesterday evening, all 20 pages of it, and it's very interesting, and should help a great deal with the scenario design.

I recommend that all the non Age of Kings players have a read :)

http://scnpunk.heavengames.com/aokpunk/design/trigger/ultimatetriggertut/triggertutorial.zip)
 WC_heavyarms
10-25-2001, 11:37 AM
mub'at, ever played TC? they always have people playing hellfires and Archer bloods. Same concept here. I was thinking of throwing in every unit in the game. It would be neat to see if I can do it, since of the very large trig amounts.
 Kudar
11-02-2001, 11:01 AM
Well I got me hands on a copy of AoE 2 today so I'm going to have a play with the scenario editor over the weekend :D
Page: 1 of 1