Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Radiant Editor Resources and Links

Page: 2 of 2
 lightside
04-10-2002, 2:26 PM
For those of you who dislike the lighting system in Q3, all you have to do is tweak your lighting. The lighting in the game is naturally bright, so much as to make it look realistic. It also provides eye-candy in some instances. :)
 Niten Ryu
04-11-2002, 9:38 PM
tag for later
 [PMV] Joker
04-14-2002, 12:23 AM
Ok, sorry if this is just really idiotic...but how are people making levels for JK2? I know you need Radiant, but has there been a build or a patch released for JK2, and if so where is it? Everything talked about in these forums or on other websites give very vague descriptions at best, and I'd like a concrete answer. I've never used radiant before since I never bought Quake III, but is there a setting somewhere in there to specify a new, unsupported game and add in it's pk3 file? Somebody help me out here.

- [PMV] Joker
 Saladin
04-14-2002, 3:13 PM
Right, if I am going to be making Jedi Knight II maps should I install Radient into my Jedi Knight folder, rather than simlpy be using it from my RTCW folder?
 lightside
04-19-2002, 3:09 AM
Here's a concrete answer, and a solution. NO, there is no editor that is a for sure editor for JO. You CAN use QRadiant and GTK Radiant in preparation for the SDK (Software Development Kit) to port your levels to it. You can also use UGG's JOMap utility (See JK2.net's home page, at top.) to port your Q3 bsp files over to JO's code. It's still kinda buggy, but works nicely. Just for kicks, tests, and some sabering, you can use JOMap, but I recommend waiting for the tools from Raven (If they ever release 'em...) for your more 'flashy' levels.
 Tigris
04-21-2002, 2:04 PM
Just want to shortly give you a positiv reply on this topic: I started mapping after seeing JK2 and reading this tutorial.
I hadn't mapped since early unreal days and even there my experience was very limited. With the help of Bubbas Tutorials and GTKRadiant I have mapped now for the past 2 weeks and I think my results (http://www.durahcell.de) are ok.
So if I can do it almost everyone can do as good. I don't know everything but I think I know enough to build the images I have in mind.

Just wanted to let you know

Tigris
 Darth Draugmahl
04-23-2002, 3:23 PM
The best link I've found so far is

http://www.planetwolfenstein.com/surface/)

Everything is pretty concise and the author makes it all pretty easy to understand.
 dnalor
04-25-2002, 4:29 AM
Hi Force users,

Does anybody know from what site I can dowload document of JKIIRadiant. I haven't used it before. I would be happy with any help. :c3po:
 Chewie Bakker
04-25-2002, 5:45 AM
Yeah, I'm new at this too. I downloaded the Toolkit a couple of days ago and used one of the tutorials to build 2 rooms, but I don't think I've done it correctly and the BSP part kills me with Windows popping up about 20 errors on me.

Learning the basics is a definite must. :confused:

:yobi: (wulu@ihug.com.au)
 VE_Corran
04-25-2002, 7:00 PM
How can I compile JKRadiant maps so I can run them in JK2?

I really can't work it out.

Please help.
 lukslo
04-30-2002, 3:54 AM
Where can I find GTKRADIANT :confused:
I check all links in this topic but it doesnt work I gave a 404 error file not found
 Jafo
04-30-2002, 4:03 AM
 lukslo
04-30-2002, 7:26 AM
 Woodster2003
05-23-2002, 3:30 PM
IM really new, but what is this GtKRadiant thing? I thought JK2Radiant was released? Why cant we use that? IM confused!
 SAMURAI CLeaTUS
05-27-2002, 11:26 PM
hey there, i realize that this might be a bit off topic, but does anyone know of a place where i can learn to mod sabers? specifically the blade, i'm trying to figure out what tools i'll need and where i can learn to use them. also if anyone knows of any good places to begin learning how to mod jk2 stuff i'd really like to know. i've seen some places but it's all overwhelming, i'm looking for something that'll walk me through it like the stupid newby i am. i really appreciate all of ya'lls help.
 Voyager209
05-28-2002, 7:27 AM
How do I edit pk3 files? What utility do I use?
 Divine shadow
06-16-2002, 11:16 AM
Wow that you very much this has helped me alot. Since I am a newbi when it comes to to mapping this is going to help me alot.
 ZBomber
08-05-2002, 2:57 AM
Thanks for putting this up!
 Erliko
08-18-2002, 8:59 AM
I just want a simple pk3 creator/editor but i cant find it!
I lost mine when a virus ate my HD but now i cant find ant no more! Can someone gimme url where to download one?
 Azymn
08-27-2002, 5:06 PM
*.pk3 files are just *.zip files renamed, so if you grab any zip program and rename your *.pk3 file to *.zip you can open them, or better yet, tell your zip program that it can open all *.pk3 files.

Does that answer your question?
 Drepanon
11-13-2002, 11:19 AM
pakscape is a great and fast way to View / Edit / Save pk3 files

http://dl.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?maldavria/pakscape/pakscape-011.zip)
 [MA]JediChewie
03-01-2003, 5:50 PM
Originally posted by lightside
Here's a concrete answer, and a solution. NO, there is no editor that is a for sure editor for JO. You CAN use QRadiant and GTK Radiant in preparation for the SDK (Software Development Kit) to port your levels to it. You can also use UGG's JOMap utility (See JK2.net's home page, at top.) to port your Q3 bsp files over to JO's code. It's still kinda buggy, but works nicely. Just for kicks, tests, and some sabering, you can use JOMap, but I recommend waiting for the tools from Raven (If they ever release 'em...) for your more 'flashy' levels.

can i do this even if i dont have q3?
 Charmin Deluxe
04-10-2003, 7:11 AM
 dnalor
04-11-2003, 3:10 AM
Thank you for giving me a share in your great hompage.
 freelancer 7
07-31-2004, 1:02 AM
Where should I go to get a tutorial for level making, custom skins, and mods? Also, what tools do I need, and can I download them off the internet without spending money?

Thanks!
Page: 2 of 2