Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

It doesn't matter about Kyle vs Luke cause...

Page: 1 of 1
 Ari-Ben Kenobi
06-15-2001, 4:15 AM
It doesn't matter about Kyle vs Luke cause...JEDI KNIGHT ISN'T PART OF THE OFFICIAL TIMELINE!!!! LUCAS WOULD NEVER LET SOME GAME CHARACTER WHO NEVER TOOK TRAINING DEFEAT A POWERFUL SITH AND SAVE THE GALAXY, THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING THAT LUKE OR OBI-WAN WOULD DO!!!.

Just so you know...

Hehe! :mad:
 Boba Rhett
06-15-2001, 8:25 AM
Not a big fan of EU are you? :D
 GonkH8er
06-15-2001, 9:13 AM
geez.....

fret much.....

settle petal....
 GE_Luke
06-15-2001, 9:54 AM
Uhm I'm sorry Ari but doesn't the Lucasarts site say:
Kyle entrusted his lightsaber to Luke Skywalker
 En Taro Taldarin
06-15-2001, 11:14 AM
Everything legally licensed is part of the official timeline until George Lucas says it's not. Personally, what I like to do, is pretend the really bad books like the Junior Jedi Knight series etc. never existed. :)
 En Taro Taldarin
06-15-2001, 11:15 AM
Oh, and, one more thing, don't post in all caps, it gets really irritating.
 Obi Kwan
06-15-2001, 3:20 PM
Kyle vs. Luke may not matter in the "starwars" universe, but it does in the "darkforces/jediknight/jediknightII" universe because Luke is suddenly mentioned as having a role (receiving Kyle's lightsabre).
 En Taro Taldarin
06-15-2001, 3:22 PM
The DF series is in the Star Wars universe and cannot be merely ignored.
 CaptainRAVE
06-15-2001, 5:28 PM
George Lucas isnt bothered about the timeline after his trilogy. The only thing people arnt allowed to do is mention much about the clone wars. That hes says has to be left for him to develop!
 StormHammer
06-15-2001, 7:05 PM
Just FYI, Kyle Katarn is mentioned in the EU timeline on the Behind The Magic CD - an official product, I understand. He is recognised as the one who stole the plans of the Death Star. The games Dark Forces, Jedi Knight and Mysteries Of The Sith are also mentioned, as are the Dark Forces illustrated books.

While we are on the subject, you may recall that in the Special Edition of ANH, they included Dash Rendar's ship taking off from Mos Eisley - so the games have become an integral part of the Star Wars official universe.

I wonder if they will try to add something to do with Kyle in maybe Episode III - perhaps have his father Morgan as a background character. That would be a nice thing to do, I think. :)
 skyler
06-16-2001, 3:29 AM
i agree Stormhammer. morgan katarn in the background scenery or just mentioned as a padawan candidate would be a good touch.
or,-How about Rahn being seen in the temple or with other Jedi?
 acdcfanbill
06-16-2001, 9:17 PM
i agree with the protoss, i tend to ignore the books aimed at chil'en. although i would be willing to read a summery of the whole thing, just to understand what some of these authors thought, but anyway, back to kyle vs luke, of course it wouldnt happen, becuase one would just turn the other from the dark side, althogh if either had a re-lapse, i would laugh, cause that would defently negate them from any hero status... well, thats my two cents...
 Ash Longbaugh
11-17-2001, 8:08 PM
Little info bit :)

There is a magazine called Star Wars Insider. They had an article about Jedi in the NJO series. Kyle was one, although he hasnt appeared yet
Page: 1 of 1