Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I'm not running

Page: 1 of 1
 Compa_Mighty
10-20-2001, 6:01 PM
I announced previously I would run, but I'm having a lot less time to post than that I had. So, I'll still visit the Forum, but I'm not running for the Senate.
 generalViper
10-20-2001, 6:03 PM
What I want to know is what power will the senete really have?
 JEDI_MASTA
10-20-2001, 6:49 PM
why dont u read leons SENATE THREAD duh
 Luke Skywalker
10-21-2001, 4:06 PM
He shouldn't even bother, he's not going to be on it anyways. Leon won't let him get any where near the senate.
 DSEmperor Viper
10-21-2001, 8:50 PM
hahah I will take control of the senate and then destroy it,hahaahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa hahhaa say good bye senate, oh and leon is this TRULY going to be dimocracy cause I dont see how if it was u wouldn't let me run
 darthfergie
10-21-2001, 10:04 PM
OF COURSE this isn't a democracy...but niether is the U.S. government. A true democracy is defined as total and complete power to the people. The Vote for everything even down to the smallest detail. But this will be a republic...of sorts...
 Paragon_Leon
10-22-2001, 5:17 AM
I believe that any person who claims he's going to destroy the Senate and then complains he isn't let on, has a serious hole somewhere. It's OBVIOUS and logical. And I'm sure the Senate Draft has something on this kind of thing in there.

If you can't read Viper's post here, that means I deleted it.
 DSEMPERORVIPER
10-22-2001, 9:47 PM
no I'm just saying that if its truly a democracy then why are all these people saying I cant run, although I wont
 darthfergie
10-22-2001, 9:50 PM
THIS ISN'T A DEMOCRACY!!!!

this isn't a democracy...but niether is the U.S. government. A true democracy is defined as total and complete power to the people. The Vote for everything even down to the smallest detail. But this will be a republic...of sorts...
 DSEMPERORVIPER
10-22-2001, 9:58 PM
well then the republic will fall!!!*EVIL LAUGH*
 darthfergie
10-22-2001, 10:36 PM
I mean the Senate was part of the Old REPUBLIC

And it won't fall...:p
 Tie Guy
10-22-2001, 11:17 PM
This is a Representative Democracy, just like the US. The people don't have complete power, but they elect people to make decisions and hold the power for them. We still have traces of direct democracy in some areas of the US, but our national government is Represenative.

But, if you really look at it, it is more like an Oligarchy. They people don't really ordain the powers, the mods do. Not that that is wrong, it is much better actually, but it really isn't true democracy. It would be like the President selecting who could run for Congress and who couldn't in the US.
 darthfergie
10-22-2001, 11:45 PM
See there is a person that remembers his Civics...mine is a bit hazy but it is still close to perfection...I just really didn't know what to call our "political" system...
 DSSITHMASTER
10-23-2001, 12:07 AM
How did leon ever think he could ban me for good?
How did he think this senate thing would work?

There's this nifty little thing called the DJG. Expect to hear more from that soon. And I expect the Senate to work because it won't have people like you..
 darthfergie
10-23-2001, 12:29 AM
BTW, he hasn't tried to ban you for good...but you might want to watch out for a law suite (harassment) Leon doesn't mess around when he says something...

You got that right.. we're working on that now.
 Gamma732
10-23-2001, 4:03 PM
Due to time constraints and similar.........stuff, I've decided to not run.
 darthfergie
10-23-2001, 4:22 PM
THe dark voice strikes from the shadows again:D
I'm starting to get used to your unique style agin Leon...BTW, Gamma are you still doing the RPG???
 Darth_Rommel
07-12-2002, 1:13 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
I mean the Senate was part of the Old REPUBLIC

And it won't fall...:p

Well... looks like you were wrong, Ferg... :eek:
 Paragon_Leon
07-29-2002, 3:38 PM
what if i told you that deep in the sands of time....lie the basics of the senate waiting to come to life ?
 Crazyus Dogus
08-02-2002, 4:25 PM
Dun dun dun.:eek:

Maybe we should re-start
Page: 1 of 1