Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A good troop tactic

Page: 1 of 1
 ReaperFett
10-20-2001, 10:12 AM
Basically, I was fighting, and deicided to work on troops, as opposed to my normal air attacks. I made this:

2 Jedi Knights
1 Bounty Hunter
1 Swoop
3 AA men(upgraded)
3 Mortar grenadiers(grenade upgrade)
10-20 troopers(upgraded)

Then I gave the basic armour upgrade. In short, they worked great. It was a 2v2, and my ally had the monument. He was running low on men, and the other was building a few turrets nearby. I sent my guys in, and took the turrets out, at the loss of only about 3 troopers. This gave him time to bring in some more artillery and Bounty Hunters, and the two groups held it for the game. I found them useful, because most eventualities were covered
 Destroyer Droid
10-21-2001, 8:05 AM
You seem to lose the plot when 15 strike mechs chrage at your troops,
 WC_heavyarms
10-23-2001, 5:57 PM
add some more grenadier troopers, and use a box formation to guard the grenadiers.
 Paragon_Leon
10-24-2001, 7:00 AM
Basically, that troop will get decimated by a few strike mechs and bounty hunters..
 WC_heavyarms
10-24-2001, 11:22 AM
That's why you ad grenadiers and go to box form, although they hsould already be in the back of the line formation.
 ImpStarII
10-25-2001, 1:00 PM
Add some mounted units or mechs to your group.

From the Star Destroyer, Sly

ImpStarII :vsd:
Page: 1 of 1