Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Manny in CMI

Page: 1 of 1
 Manny_c44
08-09-2000, 7:10 PM
Wouldn't it be wierd if CMI was some sort of prequel to Grim Fandango, maybe manny was a brave young swash buckler who was blugeoned to death by a bread knife in a pre-modern FKC, or maybe Im mad: your thoughts?
 Monkey_Girl
08-09-2000, 9:34 PM
...You're mad. http://www.escapemi.com/forums/biggrin.gif) No, just kidding. But I don't think Monkey Island would be a prequel to Grim Fandango. It was just an ad like Cobb did in MI1 for Loom.

------------------
Monkey_Girl
I am the queen of all monkies! Bow down before me! BWAHAHAHAHA!!...I said bow!...Hey I'm serious!...BOW!...Stop that giggling!
 Liam Kincaid
08-09-2000, 9:49 PM
you're mad, no kidding though manny was "killed" with breadknife in a restaraunt on plunder island and who knows, but if manny came from pirate ages then he really was in the dod for a long while

------------------
\/
/\
 Mr. Brush
08-11-2000, 1:02 PM
How can you be so sure it is Manny? He doesn't look like him.

------------------
"You don't need to see my identification" - Obi-Wan Kenobi / Guybrush Threepwood
 PegLegPete
08-12-2000, 5:53 AM
Uh, yeah he does...

------------------
I'm selling these fine leather jackets...
 Voodoo Doll
08-14-2000, 2:54 AM
Yup, exactly like him actually...

------------------
"A Dolly? The Surprise is a Dolly?"
 Lechuck13
08-14-2000, 12:30 PM
Mr. Brush, have you even PLAYED cmi?

------------------
"That's the second biggest monkey head I've ever seen!"
-Guybrush Threepwood
 Murray18
08-15-2000, 7:30 PM
i think he looks pretty d*mn much like manny if you ask me!

------------------
"mwahahaha" - Murray
 le-shmuck
08-15-2000, 10:08 PM
ok lets putt the facts together shall we?
he looks like manny, has a "ask me about Grim Fandango" button, and as guybrush says, is a very bad salesman, OFFCOURSE ITS MANNY YOU ASSWIPE!!!
 Manny_c44
08-17-2000, 8:32 PM
But doesn't anyone think that it was too big to be a little joke? I mean he's right there- unlke the crack in the wall- or under water guybrush (How do you do that again). It could've been a crucial plot element.
 Lechuck13
08-17-2000, 11:37 PM
Just like Cobb (Loom) appearing in The Secret of Monkey Island was a crucial plot element? http://www.escapemi.com/forums/rolleyes.gif)

------------------
-Guybrush Threepwood
 Manny_c44
08-18-2000, 2:48 PM
Exactly! I'm glad someone finally under stands.
 Jonny Haggis
08-19-2000, 10:29 AM
Erm....Manny, I think Lechuck13 was being sacastic.... http://www.escapemi.com/forums/rolleyes.gif)
 Manny_c44
08-19-2000, 11:58 AM
Yes but I was being even more sarcastic! I guess I'm a fool either way in the end. http://www.escapemi.com/forums/mad.gif)
 Lechuck13
08-19-2000, 2:29 PM
You were a fool before you even started this topic. http://www.escapemi.com/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------
-Guybrush Threepwood
 Manny_c44
08-19-2000, 2:34 PM
I wouldn't talk Lechuck13...you're the mother figure of the forums. "Gosh Darnit Leschmuck clean up your god d*mn Room! Stop with the jokes!" And so on and so forth.
 Lechuck13
08-19-2000, 8:35 PM
What?!? No, I'm not! I don't mind jokes, in fact, i prefer them, but having a topic devoted to Lechuck and Elaine "doing the wild thing" dopesn't seem funny to me. And I must not be the only one, because lots of other people have told le shmuck to quit it.

------------------
-Guybrush Threepwood
 Thriftweed
08-19-2000, 9:29 PM
Yeah! LeShmuck is a poo head!

As for the manny thing.... wouldnt he have skin if that was how he died? Lets just say it was a joke and a plug for GF... anything else makes no sense

[This message has been edited by Thriftweed (edited August 19, 2000).]
 Lechuck13
08-19-2000, 10:15 PM
ooh, i like the way you think...

------------------
-Guybrush Threepwood
 Manny_c44
08-20-2000, 12:02 AM
Uh oh its step mom! Hide!
 Guybrush112
11-02-2000, 2:08 AM
errrr you guys posted this in augest---i'm posting this in november---giggle gigle--he he BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! sniff sniff. chuckle, cough. <sigh>

------------------
"Mortal fool! Release me from this retched tomb! I will hide your keysin your upholstered furniture! And never more will you be able to find socks that match!"
 Rufio
11-15-2000, 12:22 AM
i think that would be too corney of a game crossover, and i need a topic to test my new sig on, this one won!

------------------
(ё.·'``'·.ёё.·'`'·.ёё.,.,.ё.·'ґ`'·.ёё.·'ґ`'·.ё)
«ґЁ`·.ёё.*NewFoundGloryBoy* .ёё.·ґЁ`»
(`'·.ёё.·'ґ`'·.ё.·''ґ`'`'`'·.ёё.·'ґґ`'·.ёё.·'ґґ)

lets cancel school, what you dont know cant hurt you if nobody knows it either
 MAD MARTY!
11-18-2000, 3:54 PM
I just think that in Grim Fandango they should've mentioned how Manny actually ever died. I think that would have made it much funnier!
 Tull
11-18-2000, 9:19 PM
It probably wouldn't have been very funny as Manny was a terrible nasty man while alive... that's why he has to spend so much time at the DOD.
There was talk of implying that he had been Adolf Hitler or Charles Manson or something like that, but it would've been to heavy and controversial for a comedy game so they decided to just leave it unsaid...
 Guybrush112
11-21-2000, 12:13 AM
Manny was a mean man! Alive nor dead. He just missed every chance to do a truley good thing and just led a pointless non-helpful life. Since he didn't do much good he ended up at the DOD. (you made me cry when you said that they were going to imply that he was Hitler!) WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....snif snif....ha, ha, hahahahahha, ha. Giggle cough snort snort cough, choke gag hack choke AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

------------------
"Mortal fool! Release me from this retched tomb! I will hide your keysin your upholstered furniture! And never more will you be able to find socks that match!"
 Murray the Demonic Skull
12-15-2000, 8:25 PM
I wonder what Murray would do if he ended up at the DOD, he's a head, what can he do, threaten to bite them?
Murray: Uh.. could you pick me up so I can bite you?
Gybrush: No!
Murray: I.. just thought I'd ask...

http://www.escapemi.com/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------
"I am Murray, the all powerful demonic skull, quake in fear mortals, for your insolence, I shall devour you!" - Murray
 timmy_da_monkey
12-30-2000, 12:38 PM
Page: 1 of 1