Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding plans/ideas?

Page: 1 of 1
 florida
03-15-2015, 8:39 AM
Hi everyone

I thought maybe we could use this thread to plan mods or share our ideas.

It's so amazing that we can now mod this game (thank you again Zanzibar). However, it seems like we've all just started to fiddle around with bits of the game on our own which won't get us too far.

If people want to share what they've done already, what they plan to do and maybe ways people can help we can hopefully work together to create some good mods rather than each of us doing tiny little changes to levels on our own.

Just a thought!
 lol_darkside
03-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Hi all,

I've been playing around with the tool a bit, seems to be a little more stable on a 32 bit machine.

That being said, I think florida is right, we need to share things and plan something, maybe we could pick a level and mod it together?

Also, thanks to Zanzibar for the tool and everyone who has helped keep this forum alive!
 jawaempire
03-15-2015, 11:20 AM
Totally agree.

By the way, does anybody know if making custom models/skins/reskins is possible now? Or is the new tool exclusively for mapping?
 lol_darkside
03-15-2015, 11:30 AM
I don't think Zanzibar found the ModelX program to mod the .baf files. I think the new tool is just for mapping
 jawaempire
03-15-2015, 1:13 PM
Ah, it's a shame. Maybe we shouldn't give up our hope for that, but even if that doesn't happen, the stock game still has tons of character models that could be used in many different ways. :)
 lol_darkside
03-15-2015, 6:29 PM
I want to learn more about what this map editor can do. RL keeps me busy but I'm going to keep hacking away at this. I waited a long time for this and I'm just getting started!
 florida
03-17-2015, 5:47 PM
Hi all,

I've been playing around with the tool a bit, seems to be a little more stable on a 32 bit machine.

That being said, I think florida is right, we need to share things and plan something, maybe we could pick a level and mod it together?

Also, thanks to Zanzibar for the tool and everyone who has helped keep this forum alive!

I think people have mainly gone for Mos Espa - simply because it's so awesome :thmbup1:

We're still working out exactly what the tool is capable of. I don't think we can create or edit the models (as far as I can tell). We can add objects and characters to levels.

Anyone got any burning mod desires? Found out what is/isn't possible?
 SkyEye
05-08-2015, 7:27 PM
I was doing some other stuff.
I guess i will try to hack more things with cheat engine..
What i really want to do is Moon jump and find a way to spawn enemies.
Page: 1 of 1