Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Regarding TSLRCM

Page: 1 of 1
 jjb75
01-10-2014, 9:16 PM
One simple question....

Is it worth starting a completely new play through just to play this mod?
(I have never actually played the mod before)

And another thing...

Does the m4-78 work with the latest version of TSLRCM?

And

Any suggestions for mods that enhance the overall TSLRCM experience.

Thanks.
 Phildevil
01-10-2014, 11:16 PM
The only way to be sure you won't have any bug while playing the TSL RCM mod is to start a new game. Also, be sure to take the 1.8.2 version. If you want M4-78 mod, be sure to grab the one that will actually work with tsl rcm: that is M4-78 EP.
 Sith Holocron
01-10-2014, 11:37 PM
One simple question....

Is it worth starting a completely new play through just to play this mod?

Look at this list (http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1448-tsl-restored-content-mod-18-released/#entry15405) of what is in TSLRCM 1.8.2. Keep in mind this list only covers the additions added since version 1.7.

Check the first 5 posts in this thread (http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/139-whats-restored-in-tslrcm/) for a more complete idea of what you'll gain.

After reading all the content and fixes included in TSLRCM, use that list to make your decision on whether to do start with a fresh playthrough. Only you can make that decision.

One other thing: Is playing through Peragus and Telos Citadel Station (yet again) enough to not consider playing with TSLRCM?
 jjb75
01-11-2014, 12:20 AM
One other thing: Is playing through Peragus and Telos Citadel Station (yet again) enough to not consider playing with TSLRCM?

True... True, but from your experience would you personally recommend it?
 Sith Holocron
01-11-2014, 1:06 AM
I'm heavily biased. Check the read me files for both M4-78 EP and the various versions of TSLRCM for my screen name. Its presence is very consistent. ;)
 Shigar Konshi
01-11-2014, 3:53 AM
We all know peragus and citadel station are fairly tedious and boring, but on my second play through if TSLRCM I used a skip peragus mod, then a skip telos mod and it worked fine so I recommend those if you really don't want to do peragus and telos again. Also, make sure you have HOTOR with TSLRCM as well, it makes it so much better
 D.a.r.t.h
01-11-2014, 9:26 AM
Does anyone else have the problem in TSLRCM where the game just randomly skips dialogue? I did google it and it seems that the only way to fix it is to reboot the game. Is it a game issue or issue with the mod? I had it happen a couple times in my playthrough during my Christmas break. It first happened in the Peragus level and also on the Dxun moon in the mandalorian camp. Is there a way to permanently fix it? It can be pretty annoying...
 jjb75
01-11-2014, 9:43 AM
Does anyone else have the problem in TSLRCM where the game just randomly skips dialogue? I did google it and it seems that the only way to fix it is to reboot the game. Is it a game issue or issue with the mod? I had it happen a couple times in my playthrough during my Christmas break. It first happened in the Peragus level and also on the Dxun moon in the mandalorian camp. Is there a way to permanently fix it? It can be pretty annoying...

I know that if you skip dialogue a lot the game will glitch and start skipping for you. This has happened to me before and I uninstalled the game reinstalled and listened to people and never skipped the dialogue and the problem never occurred again.
 D.a.r.t.h
01-11-2014, 9:54 AM
I see, so that's the reason? But I want to skip dialogue, I don't want to listen to some creepy alien voice, lol.
 jjb75
01-11-2014, 10:10 AM
I see, so that's the reason? But I want to skip dialogue, I don't want to listen to some creepy alien voice, lol.

We'll just let it skip then. And yes I hate the alien voices to but I haven't figured out a way to fix this yet.
 Hassat Hunter
01-11-2014, 12:54 PM
It's a vanilla issue, not TSLRCM.
Just random Oddessey "goodness"...
 Christos K
01-11-2014, 1:05 PM
We all know peragus and citadel station are fairly tedious and boring, but on my second play through if TSLRCM I used a skip peragus mod, then a skip telos mod and it worked fine so I recommend those if you really don't want to do peragus and telos again. Also, make sure you have HOTOR with TSLRCM as well, it makes it so much better

HOTOR is no longer compatible last time I checked.
 Phildevil
01-11-2014, 2:46 PM
We all know peragus and citadel station are fairly tedious and boring, but on my second play through if TSLRCM I used a skip peragus mod, then a skip telos mod and it worked fine so I recommend those if you really don't want to do peragus and telos again.

I sure would not recommend these mods. They are not compatible as of yet (though people spoke about possibly working on making them, but it ain't done yet). The reason for this is you will miss some new globals or stuff like that that are tsl rcm related and since these mods were made before that, you will miss some new content, possibly break the game...
 milestails
01-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Seconded
 Shigar Konshi
01-12-2014, 4:52 AM
HOTOR is no longer compatible last time I checked.

The latest update is
 Shigar Konshi
01-12-2014, 4:53 AM
I sure would not recommend these mods. They are not compatible as of yet (though people spoke about possibly working on making them, but it ain't done yet). The reason for this is you will miss some new globals or stuff like that that are tsl rcm related and since these mods were made before that, you will miss some new content, possibly break the game...

They are compatible with 1.8.2, it worked perfectly for me unless it was a one off but I've played through TSLRCM 3 times with these mods and it worked perfectly each time
 D.a.r.t.h
01-12-2014, 11:11 AM
It's a vanilla issue, not TSLRCM.
Just random Oddessey "goodness"...

Engine issue? Does kotor also have this problem? I've never had it in the first game, only the second.
 Hassat Hunter
01-12-2014, 11:36 AM
They fixed it in 1.02.
Sadly, Obsidian started working without these fixes, resulting in bugs fixed for KOTOR1 (like all stats on 8) resurfacing in TSL.
 Christos K
01-12-2014, 2:07 PM
The latest update is

Interesting. Could you link it please?
 Shigar Konshi
01-12-2014, 6:15 PM
Interesting. Could you link it please?

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21458385)
 Zerimar Nyliram
01-13-2014, 12:25 AM
I wish an official walkthrough could be produced for TSLRM and M4-78 together. I'm sure the standard strategy guide would not be adequate to help navigate players through the restored game.
 Sith Sizzle
01-13-2014, 4:17 PM
I wish an official walkthrough could be produced for TSLRM and M4-78 together. I'm sure the standard strategy guide would not be adequate to help navigate players through the restored game.
I haven't looked, but I'm sure there are some good quality fan made ones online.
 Phildevil
01-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Have you looked into the KotorHDTV walkthrough that's on youtube? It may not be official, but it is a pretty good walkthrough and covers both those mods...
http://www.youtube.com/user/KotorHDTVChannel/videos?view=1&flow=grid)
Page: 1 of 1