Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Five planets The Old Republic needs (IGN)

Page: 1 of 1
 Miltiades
02-08-2012, 6:35 PM
So the game is only about two months old now, but people are already starting to speculate about future content. IGN lists five planets that The Old Republic needs (http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1218261p1.html).

I always love speculating and I don't think anyone doubts we'll see more planets in the future. In fact, since someone uncovered the content we'll be seeing in the patches up to 1.5, it's pretty much a done deal (queue Bounty Hunter voice :D).

So, like IGN's suggestions? Obviously, Kashyyyk and Dantooine are KotOR planets and would be very interesting to see. And I'm still hoping Telos will get some love.
 logan23
02-08-2012, 10:32 PM
I think we will see new planets in the expansion which i bet will come out in early 2013.
 DarthParametric
02-09-2012, 7:14 AM
I'm not sure I agree with any of IGN's selections.

I think it would be nice to have some non-combat locations where both factions intermix. Something along the lines of Voss-Ka on Voss, but with a healthy dose of espionage and intrigue thrown in. I think Bioware really missed a trick there. They could have gone for a whole swathe of missions that relied on subverting the other faction's standing purely through dialogue and other non-combat missions. But I guess the majority of their playerbase get bored if they go more than a few minutes without killing something.
 Lynk Former
02-09-2012, 7:37 AM
Kessel
 Alkonium
02-09-2012, 9:48 AM
While I admit Felucia would look pretty cool in TOR, the only one I agree with is Geonosis.
 mimartin
02-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Don't care just want more. Kashyyyk would be nice, but only because then they could add a companion quest for the smuggler's wookiee.

Also Wookiee can live around 600 years, maybe we can go see Zaalbar.
 Darth Avlectus
02-11-2012, 4:31 PM
Felucia: Disagree
just seems like an excuse to make pretty graphics and is little more than a stomping ground battle scene. This would have about the same effect overall as other resource rich planets. Just don't see too much reason for it.

Geonosis: Agree very strongly
This was referenced in TSL, it seems like the perfect place for arena battles against other combatants as well as imported animals from all over the galaxy. They should go into the societies on that planet as well as their technology (how ever primitive it may be). Seems like the perfect chaotic (pun intended) neutral stomping ground for a game like this. As a consumer and their customer to be I would want this and some cities (both trade hubs AND native), some technology, along with a back story and some flashpoints and several storylines for each class and its mirror of the opposite alignment.

Seems like the perfect place to shaky alliances to either just fade, to go one way or the other. "Turn up the juice and see what shakes loose" as beetlejuice said. It also seems like the best place for the republic to settle its internal disagreements (that's right PvP and infightingover corruption and powergrabs--this is a WAR afterall)

Kashyyyk: Agree somewhat
Not only would I want to see things like we did in the KOTOR game, but also some of the shores and swamps. Also, wookiees and their dealings make for interesting stories.

Csilla: Agree
Seems particularly relevant to the timeline, IMO the Chiss deserve their time in the spotlight as a whole, and this planet is shrouded in mystery. I like the idea of empire infighting too.

Bothawui: Agree
It seems like it would make for some real plot intrigues, stealth or covert missions. This could also be a chance for some dystopic conspiracy type of plots. Lots of rare or unique goodies. Plus it was an earlier stage for the war so I don't see why there couldn't be a second battle here.

Some suggested planets...

Ord Cestus: I figure if we are using ord mantell, why not also its neighbor? Seems like there could be some relevance here for this time period. Why not a place for secret laboratories and caches? I liked the planet surface of Telos and the story line in TSL, and this seems a good a place as any to include a similar story plot and setting.

Imdar: this may just be my experiences with Rebel Assault 2 (which I still have not beaten), but this planet is like a cross between Dagobah and Endor. It was great, and I think this might be a good place for skirmishes, speeder/swoop chase combat, and some ground fighting.
 Sith Holocron
04-06-2012, 7:33 PM
Well they did cut out M4-78 from TSL. If they actually used more than Mical's name and the TSL music from TSL, that would be interesting to see pop up.
Page: 1 of 1