Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

level brightness

Page: 1 of 1
 Xarwarz
01-21-2012, 4:24 PM
Has anyone else had times on levels where theres shadows and cant see a enemies right in front of you....hate to mess with my monitor settings
 snommism
01-23-2012, 9:34 AM
Yes, there are some "caves" with pretty inadequate lighting and more than once I've run into a mob because I didn't see them...
I believe in full screen you can adjust the gamma, is there any solution for us windowed mode users?
 Lynk Former
01-23-2012, 3:14 PM
in windowed mode the gamma is tied directly to your systems gamma settings. For example my gamma settings are tied to my nvidia controls so If I want to change it I have to open that up and fiddle with the settings there... but I don't cause even though some areas are darker than black, the gamma is set perfectly for my monitor...
 snommism
01-23-2012, 3:17 PM
I'm assuming that affects the whole computer, so I wouldn't want to do that as I am set up correctly outside of the game.
 Lynk Former
01-23-2012, 3:25 PM
Exactly.
 Xarwarz
01-23-2012, 4:25 PM
They should fix that or have enimies highlighted in dark areas
 DarthParametric
01-24-2012, 6:49 AM
Hrmm, can't say I recall running into this issue. I have the game set to run borderless windowed (same as Lynk and snommism I presume) and my monitor brightness is set to 0. I do have all NPC nameplates enabled though - do you guys having visibility problems have them disabled? The only time I haven't seen mobs is with physical obstructions in the form of walls and such (attacking through doorways being an example).
 snommism
01-24-2012, 8:30 AM
I do have all NPC nameplates enabled though - do you guys having visibility problems have them disabled?
Yeah, I guess I should turn them on. A lot of the time when I am running I am also hitting tabtabtabtab, I guess the nameplate setting would save me that trouble XD
Page: 1 of 1