Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Damaged weapons

Page: 1 of 1
 danf6218
01-19-2012, 7:18 AM
When you have a damaged weapon or armour where do you go. To get it repaired?

Thanks
 Lynk Former
01-19-2012, 8:01 AM
You can repair weapons and armour at any vendor. There will be a button at the bottom left of the vendor window that says "Repair all" or if you are short of credits and only want to repair certain pieces of gear, you can click the "Repair" tab and select which items you want repaired.
 Miltiades
01-19-2012, 8:15 AM
Just make sure to do it regularly. Items can become broken and you don't want that happening to your well-earned gear. :)
 danf6218
01-19-2012, 9:37 AM
Awesome! Thanks for the help.
 snommism
01-19-2012, 9:38 AM
Just make sure to do it regularly. Items can become broken and you don't want that happening to your well-earned gear. :)

Broken beyond repair?

Also, are the stats affected in any way before the item is "red"?

I try to keep repaired as you never know when you will be deep in the field and see that "you need a repair" icon, especially when grouped.
 Miltiades
01-19-2012, 9:55 AM
Broken beyond repair? Apparently not. From the official website: "The item's durability is represented by a numerical value, and if it reaches zero, the item is ineffective until repaired."

Also, it seems like items only have two states: either it's in its normal state or it's broken, so there's nor gradual degeneration of the item that comes with the degeneration of durability.
 snommism
01-19-2012, 10:01 AM
Apparently not. From the official website: "The item's durability is represented by a numerical value, and if it reaches zero, the item is ineffective until repaired."
Ah, that seems to answer both questions in one shot, thanks for the research :thmbup1:
 Totenkopf
01-19-2012, 6:35 PM
So, is "damaged weapons" a new concept for vidya? Never saw that element in a game before.
 Lynk Former
01-19-2012, 7:41 PM
No it's a very old concept in RPGs. Equipment durability has been around since pretty much the beginning of time... RPG time lol.
 Miltiades
01-19-2012, 8:43 PM
Especially for MMO's, I think. On the one hand, it's a kind of penalty for dying (which every MMO has one way or another) because deterioration happens faster with dying and on the other hand (I have read so at least) it stimulates the game's economy. It's pretty much a money sink.
 Totenkopf
01-19-2012, 10:42 PM
No it's a very old concept in RPGs. Equipment durability has been around since pretty much the beginning of time... RPG time lol.

Ok, KOTOR games were first RPG games I've played and they didn't have that function (beyond maybe the PC destroying the contents of a container via breaking into it w/a weapon in TSL). Don't really recall seeing it in BG2 either.
 DarthParametric
01-20-2012, 12:14 AM
BG2 had it in the form of Drow equipment breaking in sunlight. BG1 had normal weapons breaking on critical failures because of the iron crisis.
 Totenkopf
01-20-2012, 4:38 AM
Ok, been about 5 years since I played it (BG2), so I didn't really recall that.
Page: 1 of 1