Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KOTOR on 360 slim?

Page: 1 of 1
 Obi-Wan Bologna
01-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Well I'm thinking of finally biting the bullet and getting an Xbox 360 250g slim. Any problems playing the KOTOR games on there? I heard there was an issue with playing Xbox games on the 4g, but haven't heard about this particular model. Anyone having any great success with it?

Thanks
Obi-Wan Bologna
 Darth Dan 012
01-02-2012, 1:22 PM
Is your PC unable to handle the games? If not, then I suggest you just buy them for PC.
 Obi-Wan Bologna
01-02-2012, 1:31 PM
Currently yes, I have them for PC, but had to get rid of my gaming pc, and the old Xbox I have is now out of commision. I tried it on my current setup and the video card is not good enough. I always preferred the games on Xbox for some reason anyway.
 Darth Dan 012
01-02-2012, 7:11 PM
I'm sure it would run, but I would imagine it would keep the issues of the original 360. You get those weird graphical and sound issues with that.
 Obi-Wan Bologna
01-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Didn't know about those issues, they say you can't play it on a 4g for some reason because you have to have an external hard drive as well apparently.
 Blix
01-03-2012, 1:31 AM
You can, the only problems I have encountered seem to be a communication error between the game/360 and the wireless controllers. There have been times where I can start load, and play a saved KOTOR game with my controller 'unplugged' from the console, but it eventually gives me a message telling me to reconnect the controller to the console. A way around it is to have it plugged in before you load or start the game and not to remove it during gameplay.
 Obi-Wan Bologna
01-03-2012, 12:49 PM
You can, the only problems I have encountered seem to be a communication error between the game/360 and the wireless controllers. There have been times where I can start load, and play a saved KOTOR game with my controller 'unplugged' from the console, but it eventually gives me a message telling me to reconnect the controller to the console. A way around it is to have it plugged in before you load or start the game and not to remove it during gameplay.

So your saying you have to use a wired controller?
 Blix
01-03-2012, 9:57 PM
So your saying you have to use a wired controller?

Nope. You can use the default slim cntroller, but it helps if you have the rechargable controller cord so that you can play it without getting connection errors (you can get them for about $15 at Walmart). Better yet if you own an original 360 controller that should work even better (you can probably get a used one for cheap at Gamestop or on amazon).
 Obi-Wan Bologna
01-04-2012, 4:00 PM
Nope. You can use the default slim cntroller, but it helps if you have the rechargable controller cord so that you can play it without getting connection errors (you can get them for about $15 at Walmart). Better yet if you own an original 360 controller that should work even better (you can probably get a used one for cheap at Gamestop or on amazon).

Ok, thanks. So let me get this straight there's no one having any problems playing on the 360 slim 250g? Other than the controller issue you mentioned of course
 Obi-Wan Bologna
01-06-2012, 12:41 PM
I guess we will find out soon enough, got one on the way!
 Blix
01-06-2012, 7:27 PM
^
I know that I've read some posts about is somewhere on random forums scattered on the net but I can't recall where (I'll do a search for it). But it seems if you just do a quick google search for "360 slim wireless controller problems" you should find some info there, who knows mine may just be an isolated incident and you could be okay.
 Obi-Wan Bologna
01-06-2012, 8:16 PM
^
I know that I've read some posts about is somewhere on random forums scattered on the net but I can't recall where (I'll do a search for it). But it seems if you just do a quick google search for "360 slim wireless controller problems" you should find some info there, who knows mine may just be an isolated incident and you could be okay.

Hopefully, although I think I do remember on the original Xbox, every once in a while that screen would pop up and you'd have to take the controller out and put it back in so it may be ingame. There's no slots to use original Xbox controllers is there? I have a couple of those around still.
Page: 1 of 1