Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Improvement Suggestions

Page: 1 of 1
 Xarwarz
12-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Character idleness- I noticed while playing the main characters they stand stiff like the droids. When i look back at kotor 1 characters had some kind of movement which made them look lively. Id very much like to have an idle animation even if they just breathed they would look alive.

Graphics- Now i understand that mmos purposely use light graphics to appeal to people with a crappy pc but there should be an option for people with a better pc. I know there is an option to set the graphics on high but i fail to see the real difference. Id like to atleast see some DEPTH added to the textures to make the appearance of cracks and rocks look more impressive. Korriban looks like cartoon land due to the lighting if it had some DEPTH it might not be so cartoony.

Thats all for now as i play more ill have more ideas.
 Mav
12-22-2011, 1:57 PM
A high-res texture pack would make a large difference, some of the textures for armor is just awful.
 Jeff
12-22-2011, 2:07 PM
A high-res texture pack would make a large difference, some of the textures for armor is just awful.Yeah it surprises me how low res the armor texture is, I would want those textures to look the best.

I also agree about the idle animations. You can barely see the character breathing and he just looks like a rock. Mine never moves his armor or adjusts his position or anything.
 Xarwarz
12-22-2011, 3:04 PM
A high-res texture pack would make a large difference, some of the textures for armor is just awful.

Hopefully they'll offer a hi res option im confused at why the have mass effect series and dragon age series with excellent looking characters and tor is so bland. Its not 2003 anymore they have to do more......

Yeah it surprises me how low res the armor texture is, I would want those textures to look the best.

I also agree about the idle animations. You can barely see the character breathing and he just looks like a rock. Mine never moves his armor or adjusts his position or anything.

I dont think they do breath i stood by a droid at the academy and they look they same stiff to me. If they had a droid class well that would be normal but even in kotor the droid would move around
 mimartin
12-22-2011, 3:06 PM
Mine never moves his armor or adjusts his position or anything. Move, problem solved.

Agree on the armor textures needs improving, between the low-res look and clipping issues, the armors are really disappointing.
 Tommycat
12-22-2011, 4:22 PM
It would be nice if when you went AFK they would at least go into a /bored animation. Or heck even a random action.

Personally I would REALLY like to be able to move my UI around. To be honest it would be nice if we could at least drag our inventory around
 DarthParametric
12-22-2011, 7:45 PM
A moddable UI is coming in the near future. It just wasn't in for launch.
 Lynk Former
12-22-2011, 9:32 PM
One featured I'd like to see is the ability to place your own markers on the map as well as allowing you to select more than one set of standard markers (vendors, trainers, etc) you can show on the map at once.
 adamqd
12-23-2011, 11:58 AM
All the above
 mimartin
01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
I want player stats. I want to see how many kills I have and what type. How much I have healed, damage...How many times I've died (maybe I don't want to see that). How many credits I spent on training, armor, weapons, crew skills...
 Lynk Former
01-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Allowing us to use the strafe left and strafe right keys as left and right in space combat as well as the left and right buttons... since I don't have the left and right buttons bound to my G13...
 Taak Farst
01-10-2012, 2:58 PM
More complete emote animations. For example -
/sleep makes the character do nothing, but the text log shows '(name) goes to sleep in front of (target player)' or something along those lines
/lol /laugh etc has the animation but no laugh sound.
 mimartin
01-10-2012, 3:12 PM
/lol /laugh etc has the animation but no laugh sound.Trust me, as a smuggler healer, you don't want the laugh sound. I hear that crap in my sleep now. Oh, your companion just took a blaster bolt to the face. ***giggles...before healing damage...giggles some more.*** It really gets annoying after the 1000th time.
 Rogue Nine
01-10-2012, 3:32 PM
In reference to the character idleness, sometimes when I have my Jedi Knight's lightsaber out, she'll twirl her wrist after a few moments of not doing anything, but that's really it. I guess Bioware figured that if you're playing TOR, you're not really going to be standing around.

They really do need to fix the whole female Twi'lek headband disappearing issue though. I'm okay with no Jedi hoods for them (for now), but why would you take away the head band? Makes zero sense to me.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-20-2012, 7:00 PM
I may be completely looking over them.. but I'd like built-in voice chat (with party). True enough there's Ventrillo, great for guild-only but not an ideal solution for PUG groups.

Also, GUI re-arranging. HATE the static bars and menu positions.

DDO has all the above, plus you can create/position/filter/auto-hide multiple chat channels to always have them in view. Hopefully more GUI options will be coming down the pipe.

example of my DDO (cluttered but effective) layout. 6 chat windows in 3 tabs each with custom filters of what type chat appears (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/DDO/Critical0001.jpg)

If I'm missing these, feel free to enlighten me.. hehe

Just started yesterday, so still relatively new.. but lack of voice chat has pretty much kept me in solo mode for now while I get my bearings. So much stuff going on, there's no chance of me being able to stop and type anything.. :xp:
 Jae Onasi
01-20-2012, 7:57 PM
I may be completely looking over them.. but I'd like built-in voice chat (with party). True enough there's Ventrillo, great for guild-only but not an ideal solution for PUG groups.

Also, GUI re-arranging. HATE the static bars and menu positions.

DDO has all the above, plus you can create/position/filter/auto-hide multiple chat channels to always have them in view. Hopefully more GUI options will be coming down the pipe.

example of my DDO (cluttered but effective) layout. 6 chat windows in 3 tabs each with custom filters of what type chat appears (http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/DDO/Critical0001.jpg)

If I'm missing these, feel free to enlighten me.. hehe

Just started yesterday, so still relatively new.. but lack of voice chat has pretty much kept me in solo mode for now while I get my bearings. So much stuff going on, there's no chance of me being able to stop and type anything.. :xp:
Woot!

Skype is our friend. :) And yes, BW is working on the UI. That drives me nuts, too. At least I figured out how to drag the chat box down to the bottom so that I can read without having to crane my neck up to the top to see through my bifocals.
 ChAiNz.2da
01-21-2012, 5:29 AM
Woot!

Skype is our friend. :) And yes, BW is working on the UI. That drives me nuts, too. At least I figured out how to drag the chat box down to the bottom so that I can read without having to crane my neck up to the top to see through my bifocals.

Might have to try that.. though I'd still kill for an in-game solution (for voice). DDO is so convenient because it's either auto or push-to-talk. Always had my Left+Alt hotkeyed for talking. Being the party Rogue.. I had many a "TRAP!" warnings for the party.. hehehe

Finally figured out how to configure multiple chat windows with filters though.. so that's nice to have. Glad to see they allowed for that.

Now they just need smaller window borders and I'll be happy :D
 Xarwarz
01-22-2012, 4:39 PM
Respawns are another annoying issue at times i get caught in respawn after a battle. Or when u have to run around the level u have to fight the same characters u just killed....kind of makes it feel like the.....Old Redundant
 DarthParametric
01-24-2012, 6:55 AM
They have added a new "Suggestion Box" area on the official forums specifically for this sort of thing. Might want to post your ideas over there.

http://www.swtor.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=349)
 Lynk Former
01-24-2012, 7:39 AM
 DarthParametric
01-24-2012, 7:46 AM
 mimartin
02-12-2012, 8:56 PM
Sexy nurse uniform for my smuggler. :dev14:
Page: 1 of 1