Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hutta Hangout rename | You decide!! *points*

Page: 1 of 1
 Lynk Former
12-13-2011, 3:50 AM
Okay, here we go... I've got the names suggested as well as Hutta Hangout itself on the poll... let's see where this goes.

Poll closes in 7 days.
 Bob Lion54
12-13-2011, 5:16 AM
You forgot the "Steve" option, so I can't vote.

Though, anything is better than "Vornskr" unless the goal is to come up with a name for a Russian moped.
 Lynk Former
12-13-2011, 5:18 AM
You can always vote for Hutta Hangout if none of the others strike you as being a good name and we can keep the forum name as it is if it wins.
 DarthParametric
12-13-2011, 5:27 AM
You forgot "Nal Hutta Hangout". There's no such place as Hutta.
 Lynk Former
12-13-2011, 5:33 AM
You forgot "Nal Hutta Hangout". There's no such place as Hutta.
lol, I was just saying something like that in skype.

In TOR they call the planet "Hutta" without the "Nal" in front of it... and I can't seem to find an explanation as to why.
 Bob Lion54
12-13-2011, 5:51 AM
You can always vote for Hutta Hangout if none of the others strike you as being a good name and we can keep the forum name as it is if it wins.

Well, I don't really care to be known as a "Hutta." I mean, whatever the name of the forum is will give us a nickname. "Swampies" is good, as is "Ahtonauts," though I still prefer "Ahtonians" because I'm pompous like that, but whatever.

Hmm... with that in mind, I think I'll vote "Space Bar" because it's a rather silly pun and "Spacer" is actually not a bad nickname.
 Lynk Former
12-13-2011, 5:53 AM
THIS JUST IN!

Added "Tosche Station" to the list thanks to Jeff.
 DarthParametric
12-13-2011, 6:15 AM
In TOR they call the planet "Hutta" without the "Nal" in front of it... and I can't seem to find an explanation as to why.They didn't at the very beginning of development, but they changed it for some reason. The dev team is in Austin - maybe they just took the American penchant for removing precious vowels a step too far? Surprised they didn't call the Smuggler's Moon "Shaddaa" while they were at it.

THIS JUST IN!

Added "Tosche Station" to the list thanks to Jeff.Clearly we can close the poll now.
 ChAiNz.2da
12-13-2011, 9:25 AM
THIS JUST IN!

Clearly we can close the poll now.

Yeah, I'd agree with DP hehehe

Tosche has my vote... I need a few power converters anyways. Hope my Uncle will let me go. Stupid chores. :carms:
 Sabretooth
12-13-2011, 9:54 AM
You left out Ahto Spaceport Cantina TOR Branch Office. :( Hence I'm going with the super-cool Space Bar.
 FimmFingur
12-13-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm going with the super-cool Space Bar.

Nice.
 mimartin
12-13-2011, 10:54 AM
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/7/73888/1427991-61_super.png)

We have a winner.
 Prime
12-13-2011, 7:53 PM
Indeed we do, now that I have voted.
 swphreak
12-13-2011, 8:32 PM
Slippery Slope!
 JesusIsGonnaOwnSatan
12-18-2011, 10:42 AM
How about "Tatooine Cantine"? Technically, 'Cantina', but like, make the "-ine's" rhyme. (And still remain etymologically correct (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantina))

...Or just keep it '...Cantina'.

I haven't been keeping up with TOR, so i'm not 100%, but this being Star Wars, i'm sure it's going to be having 'Cantinas'. And hell, at the rate they're recycling movie concepts for this thing, i wouldn't be surprised if you walk into one of these bars and hear Cantina Band playing in the background.

(youknow, 3000 in-universe years before the movies.)
 Lynk Former
12-20-2011, 6:30 AM
And there we have it, Tosche Station wins.
Page: 1 of 1