Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR Modding Help!

Page: 1 of 1
 Narco
11-30-2011, 6:18 PM
I'm relatively new to modding, i started a few months ago, and am fully proficient in .uti modding for kotor. I recently downloaded GIMP, and have been skinning a number of the in-game objects and characters. I am now trying to create custom mandalorian armors without editing the existing ones. I think i can use the game's models and then reskin those. Will this work? and What do I have to do to create a brand new armor with its own model and skin? :jango2
 Scorge
11-30-2011, 6:23 PM
Welcome to the forums! And to make a custom skin, you need to UVW map the model, check the tutorials here at Holowan.
 Narco
11-30-2011, 8:02 PM
Can I use any of Autodesk applications (preferably inventor pro) to model?
 LDR
11-30-2011, 9:03 PM
You COULD, I think. Depends on if it could handle exporting KotOR models and/or able to make them compatible with KotOR.
 Dak Drexl
11-30-2011, 10:18 PM
No, no. Is all you're wanting to do make new skins and have them as their own separate armors in the game without replacing the originals? Because if so you're on the wrong track guys.

Could you explain please? It'd help everyone Here.
 Narco
11-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Yes, thats it!! I would like to make a custom skin for the kotor mandalorian, using the same model, but without replacing the original red, blue, and yellow guys in the game. Just a brand new one with the same model.
 Dak Drexl
11-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Ok, don't worry about those other replies, I think they just misunderstood ;)

What you need to do is add your own line into the bottom of the "appearance.2da" and have the values for the skin match the name of your own skin. So find the mandalorian line, ex. "N_Mandalorian01", copy it, and paste it at the end of the file. Then like I said, change the texture values to match your very own file. Then you're going to need to make your .uti file refer to your new .2da line by adding a disguise property.

I know it must sound confusing (it does to everyone their first time) but it's a pretty straightforward process. I'd suggest using the handy search tool here and search stuff like "adding 2da line", "new mandalorian appearance", etc. You'll find your answer if you look in the right places. Good luck!
 UltimateHK47
12-02-2011, 3:54 PM
Dak, perhaps you should put this in a Tut as i for one would find this very useful if your new to modding, as im sure others would.
 Narco
12-03-2011, 11:42 AM
Thanks! and I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate a tutorial too!!
 Dak Drexl
12-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Unfortunately I hardly have time to mod anymore, let alone write a tutorial. I (and plenty of others) didn't learn out of nowhere. I promise if you search around you will find what you need.
 UltimateHK47
12-03-2011, 1:12 PM
Fair enough, i wont say anymore on the subject. Im gonna (as i do when i start modding) check the Tuts!
 Narco
12-03-2011, 6:35 PM
Same here, thanks for your help!
Page: 1 of 1