Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need Testers

Page: 1 of 1
 UltimateHK47
11-19-2011, 6:50 AM
Hi all, ok to buisness. Im trying to make a reskined module, lets say it dosnt work. So can you test it for me, maybe fix it. Must have experiance. Noobs could download but then as it dosnt work what could they do.

Here is download link. Say if more info requred. Read the text docu.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I89E1LKW)
working link
http://www.mediafire.com/?j32c7omf1jbvija)
 Fallen Guardian
11-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Looking through your files, did you ever create a .MOD for the GIT, ARE, and IFO files?
 UltimateHK47
11-19-2011, 11:22 AM
Looking through your files, did you ever create a .MOD for the GIT, ARE, and IFO files?

I made a .rim but i use the .git are ect from the real module. The kyshyk (sos) house. I dont know how to make those files from scratch, and the tutorial didnt say how. It could be a hex editing issue, as im rubbish with it and i prob scuffed and entry up when getting bored.. WHat do you think FG. If you could fix it i'd be sooooooooo greatful.

PS: I think the main idea was to skin the module, not make a seperate one. I think the tutorial is in moddeling/skinning. Reskinning new modules or somthin like that.

I dint include the .rim reson for .rim was kotor 1 supports that no .mod file worked on previous projects...
 Fallen Guardian
11-19-2011, 12:00 PM
No, KotOR does support .MODs and did you follow this tutorial (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=175101) by Darth InSidious? If so, it is on creating an entirely new module that does not change any already in-game modules. If you're getting trouble loading up the module I would try packing the IFO, ARE, and GIT files all into a .MOD file and placing it in the modules folder. Now, if you're still having trouble you may want to look back at the model files for the module and make sure you hex-edited them properly. If you don't have a hex-editor here's this one: http://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/) Which is the one I use, and I must thank jonathan7 for pointing it out to me when I was first starting out.
 UltimateHK47
11-19-2011, 12:07 PM
Hmm, okay. I followed the tut. And does it still work with .rim? here is my warp script and i knew it was a new module, thats the whole point. DO i have to include the .tga's with the git are and ifo. Okay, the script, is this right?

void main() {
StartNewModule("m66aa,");
}
 Scorge
11-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Hmm, okay. I followed the tut. And does it still work with .rim? here is my warp script and i knew it was a new module, thats the whole point. DO i have to include the .tga's with the git are and ifo. Okay, the script, is this right?

void main() {
StartNewModule("m66aa,");
}

No, you dont need the .tga included with them, and i think that script is correct.
 UltimateHK47
11-19-2011, 12:16 PM
So do i put the .tga's in the overide. Ill see what imyourdad sais. He's helping. ANyway guys, all who have contrebuted and helped me understand more will be credited. Also, the script is prob correct as it starts to load and then crashes.
 Scorge
11-19-2011, 12:27 PM
So do i put the .tga's in the overide. Ill see what imyourdad sais. He's helping. ANyway guys, all who have contrebuted and helped me understand more will be credited. Also, the script is prob correct as it starts to load and then crashes.

Yes, you do put the tga's in override, with the crashing problem, I'll have to experiment with that.
 UltimateHK47
11-19-2011, 12:32 PM
God Dammit! Stupid thing crashed. Imyourdad, if your reading this, did it crash for you. Ill try and do as MrObiOne suggests, oh the crash is it just goes black and thats it. I checked my map and i was still in appartments. (where script was launched.)
 UltimateHK47
11-19-2011, 12:47 PM
WHAT? C'mon, even putting the files in oeride it dont work. Can someone test it maybe. Fix and test. Here is download link, made by imyourdad. Though im starting to think this is my comps fault.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hq22b6o2ly9y0wk)
 Fallen Guardian
11-19-2011, 1:56 PM
The reason it keeps on crashing is you only extracted one model file for the area and you were supposed to extract all of them, and hex-edit/rename them all.
 UltimateHK47
11-20-2011, 6:52 AM
but the tut said like 23ab_01.mdl or somthin, i was told to only extract 1. Or im blind...
 Fallen Guardian
11-20-2011, 11:42 AM
I had the same problem too when first using that tutorial. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to mean to extract all models and MDX files relating to your module.
 UltimateHK47
11-20-2011, 4:01 PM
does your theory work because id hate to waste all that time hex editing, re writing textures...
 Fallen Guardian
11-20-2011, 4:37 PM
Yes, all those reskinned areas you see in Dantooine Tension are the result of me extracting all the models and hex-editing them all etc.
 UltimateHK47
11-20-2011, 4:48 PM
But im only trying 1 room, please dont tell me i have to do all that (groans)
 Fallen Guardian
11-20-2011, 4:56 PM
Yep, you do. Same with every other module. But only the ones that apply to your module, so if your reskinning kas_m2aa you'd only do the m22aa_blabla models.
 UltimateHK47
11-20-2011, 5:14 PM
i knew it was too good to be true. Thanks (thiough its not good news hehe) , im going too make a note in the tutorial. So your screen went black and you didnt go anywherre when you tried the tut?
 Fallen Guardian
11-20-2011, 6:04 PM
First time I read through it I made the same mistake as you. I figured it out though with the help of some people here on the forums.
 UltimateHK47
11-21-2011, 1:28 PM
YEs, times like these is why im happy to be on the forums. Well, alot of work for me!
 UltimateHK47
12-04-2011, 2:23 PM
I was WRONG! It was my warp script! :) i made the same mistake each time, including a comma when it shouldn't be there, so you only need 1 .mdl/.mdx. Saying this so people dont get confused.
 Dak Drexl
12-04-2011, 5:12 PM
For most modules you do need all the model files. For the particular module that DI uses for his tutorial, there is only one. You always need all the model files for your particular module, just so you know. In addition, don't call people out like you did. FG was doing his best to help - you shouldn't need to use a script in the first place.
 UltimateHK47
12-04-2011, 5:24 PM
AH, thanks!
Page: 1 of 1