Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Where to find all dialog files for HK47 in KOTOR I?

Page: 1 of 1
 t'errag
11-02-2011, 1:24 PM
Elated greeting: Hello!

Statement: I have been trying for a while now, to find all the Dialog files for HK-47 in KOTOR I. The version of the game I have, is a multi pack "best of pc" with multiple disks. I have installed the game, dl'd the KOTOR TOOL, and managed to extract a bunch of .wav's, but they are only the characters, and various npc's combat related sounds.

Addendum: I still can't seem to find a way to locate all the actual dialog files for HK though, have no idea what they look like, how they are filed or format they may be in.

Inquiry: Can anyone offer assistance?
 Fastmaniac
11-02-2011, 1:43 PM
Well that depends... Do you mean all the sound files for the HK-47 Conversation or do you mean every soundfile for HK-47 from all conversations of the game?

To the first question: If you look at the dialog file for HK-47 (k_hhkd_dialog.dlg) you'll see the names for the files. They are located in Kotor\streamwaves\m35aa\hhkd07\.

To the second question: For this you have to look through every conversation of the game to look for the name of the soundfile. It's written in the Sound/VO_Resref field of the editor. Now you have the name. It's something similar to this:

nm35aahhkd07432_

Now you can read it like this: n | m35aa | hhkd07 | 432 _

m35aa is the first folder to look in
hhkd07 is the second folder

so your file is located in streamwaves\m35aa\hhkd07\.

And this is how you proceed with every soundfile.

Fastmaniac
 t'errag
11-02-2011, 1:58 PM
Well that depends... Do you mean all the sound files for the HK-47 Conversation or do you mean every soundfile for HK-47 from all conversations of the game?

To the first question: If you look at the dialog file for HK-47 (k_hhkd_dialog.dlg) you'll see the names for the files. They are located in Kotor\streamwaves\m35aa\hhkd07\.

To the second question: For this you have to look through every conversation of the game to look for the name of the soundfile. It's written in the Sound/VO_Resref field of the editor. Now you have the name. It's something similar to this:

nm35aahhkd07432_

Now you can read it like this: n | m35aa | hhkd07 | 432 _

m35aa is the first folder to look in
hhkd07 is the second folder

so your file is located in streamwaves\m35aa\hhkd07\.

And this is how you proceed with every soundfile.

Fastmaniac

This is great. Thank you for your help.
I just looked and found everything you mentioned. Now I guess it's just a matter of getting ahold of ...a converter program? and changing them into mp3 files?
At the moment, I am unable to play them with (the only media player I have) Windows Media Player.
I just got done reading a few forum stickies in the tutorial threads. Not seeing a way to DL the suggested -Miles Sound System -though, even by following the links. Looks like I have to e-mail them personally and ask for a trial version?
Not sure how that works.
Is there any program you would suggest I get ahold of, in order to extract/convert the file into a format I can actually listen to? Some type of freeware/trial program...that is easily dl'd?
Thanks again for the info.
T.
 Fastmaniac
11-02-2011, 2:07 PM
You can rename the files (you should create a backup first) from .wav to .mp3 and then you can open them with Audacity (Link (http://www.chip.de/downloads/Audacity_13010690.html)).
 t'errag
11-02-2011, 2:57 PM
You can rename the files (you should create a backup first) from .wav to .mp3 and then you can open them with Audacity (Link (http://www.chip.de/downloads/Audacity_13010690.html)).

Ok well, apparently, I fail.
I have Audacity now and every other file will play in it, except something from the HK dialog folder. I hate to admit it, but I do not know how to rename a file so the format is different. I thought I could, did, but was wrong.
Anything with the file name of nm35aahhkdxxxx_ will not play in either Media player, nor audacity. BUT....any other .wav file will. ?
This makes no sense to me.
It's formated the same as everything else? Or I guess not? hurmph...
It would be great if someone had these files already converted and stored somewhere to be dl'd for ...non-tech-savy lames...like myself lol.
I'll keep trying though.
 Fastmaniac
11-02-2011, 5:34 PM
The Wave Files of Miles Sound System are indeed strangely coded. It's something like (and please someone correct me, if I'm wrong) 32000 Hz and a 32-bit stuff... Don't know exactly...

Back to the important thing:
I think the problem is, that you don't see fileextensions in your explorer. To enable it you have to pull up your folder properties (Win7: Organise -> Folder and Search-something / WinXP: Tools -> Folderpoptions...), go to view and under Advanced Settings uncheck Hide file extensions for known file types. Now you should be able to see them. Try renaming your files again.

Fastmaniac
 UltimateHK47
11-18-2011, 3:41 PM
Can goldwave load the .wavs and does it have to be convereted to listen to. Also, renaming wav to mp3 does NOT convert, its like the format on phone sounds. Renaming wont work. You need a proper converter. Also, does Audicity or somthin peform the same functions as goldwave, like cutting the sound, copying and pasting them? But wav and mp3 are really the same, one is compressed the others not. So is there a .wav decompresser? Because i have an intresting idea for a mod...
Darthwithaverylongnamehehe
 Fastmaniac
11-18-2011, 7:52 PM
@Darthjango/Weasley: Did you even try renaming? It actually works ;). Don't know why, but it works... and Audacity does everything you can ask for. Including cutting, copy, paste, apply effects, supports mono, stereo, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, etc...
 UltimateHK47
11-19-2011, 7:12 AM
@Darthjango/Weasley: Did you even try renaming? It actually works ;). Don't know why, but it works... and Audacity does everything you can ask for. Including cutting, copy, paste, apply effects, supports mono, stereo, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, etc...

no, i havnt tried it but im suprised it works. Thanks, btw.
 Falko_Fbob_Cherry
04-05-2012, 2:13 AM
Found the .wavs fine (thanks fast :D) but they won't play and generate 2 seconds of static when converted. They're rediculously small sizes and I can't see how they could possibly be the dialog.. :p
 Fallen Guardian
04-05-2012, 4:14 AM
Just change the file extension from .wav to .mp3 and they should play just fine.
 jasten merrel
08-18-2012, 2:46 AM
This is great. Thank you for your help.
I just looked and found everything you mentioned. Now I guess it's just a matter of getting ahold of ...a converter program? and changing them into mp3 files?
At the moment, I am unable to play them with (the only media player I have) Windows Media Player.
I just got done reading a few forum stickies in the tutorial threads. Not seeing a way to DL the suggested -Miles Sound System -though, even by following the links. Looks like I have to e-mail them personally and ask for a trial version?
Not sure how that works.
Is there any program you would suggest I get ahold of, in order to extract/convert the file into a format I can actually listen to? Some type of freeware/trial program...that is easily dl'd?
Thanks again for the info.
T.

could you post what you found online somewhere i have been looking for them online as well because i dont have it for computer
 Falko_Fbob_Cherry
10-10-2014, 5:55 PM
Randomly posting 2 years later, like a master. Renaming did the deal. Now I just have to figure out how the balls to format on export after editing... Hopefully just straight 44.1 24bit .wav's will work, not sure if there's a proprietary encoding going on...

Finally decided to bite the bullet and cut up Bastila's dialog to work with femrevan. We'll see if, a) I can keep my motivation the whole way through, and b) if I have issues with formatting lol
Page: 1 of 1