Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Yoda is about to melt

Page: 1 of 1
 Kelvin
10-31-2011, 3:25 PM
Hello! So i've been working on a special yoda to be my first upload, it is almost perfect but one thing... A thing that drives me crazy. Here it is, photo taken from T3M4's hard disk.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/510/vint.jpg/)

Does anybody know why does this happen? How can i fix it?

Thanks in advance.
 Quanon
10-31-2011, 3:58 PM
Did you alter the 3D model? Looks like some of the verts are badly misplaced. Awesome effect though :lol:
 Kelvin
10-31-2011, 5:03 PM
Did you alter the 3D model? Looks like some of the verts are badly misplaced. Awesome effect though :lol:

Mmmm. Alter the 3d model? I only attached an improved yoda head to the head mesh, just after making the original head smaller, to hide it within the new one. The only thing i remember doing are those two things, making the original head smaller to hide it, and using the Attach function under the head 'editable mesh'.

Also used resetxform, but i tried without using it, and same thing happens.
 Drewton
10-31-2011, 5:10 PM
That looks awesome.
 LDR
10-31-2011, 5:57 PM
You should SO release this as a mod! :xp:
 CptPriceless
10-31-2011, 7:19 PM
Yeah actually I think you could release it the way it is... Just make sure you add a dialogue line, "While I was Force-shaving this morning, I kind of messed up. Don't judge me."
 Blix
10-31-2011, 7:46 PM
Looks like icecicles forming from his face. Other than that excellent model :thmbup1:
 Kelvin
11-01-2011, 8:48 AM
Yeah actually I think you could release it the way it is... Just make sure you add a dialogue line, "While I was Force-shaving this morning, I kind of messed up. Don't judge me."

Lol. Still i think it needs to be perfect, it will be my first mod, and i want it to be fine. Does anybody know how to fix it?
 Quanon
11-01-2011, 12:31 PM
So yes, you did alter the 3D model. You made it smaller and added extra content.
Did you use Gmax or 3Ds Max?

Not sure if that does really matter... Mmm... My memory fails me, though there's a nice tutorial on altering heads here at Holowan. I think you might be looking at doing some serious Hex editing of the model file to get this thing working 100%
 Kelvin
11-01-2011, 1:44 PM
So yes, you did alter the 3D model. You made it smaller and added extra content.
Did you use Gmax or 3Ds Max?

Not sure if that does really matter... Mmm... My memory fails me, though there's a nice tutorial on altering heads here at Holowan. I think you might be looking at doing some serious Hex editing of the model file to get this thing working 100%

Well.. If you mean that thing about 16 00 16 00 and 0b4.... (varsity's tutorial) When i do that my yoda doesn't move, and still he has the same face. I have the hex editor Varsity recommended in his tutorial.

What tutorial do you recommend me or what should i do? I hate the try&fail method.
 Drewton
11-01-2011, 1:53 PM
I think I overlooked how fantastic that model was when I first posted. That's really amazing work.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about this but I hope that someone who does will comment.
 Kelvin
11-01-2011, 4:05 PM
I think I overlooked how fantastic that model was when I first posted. That's really amazing work.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about this but I hope that someone who does will comment.

You don't have to butter me up now, butter me up later when it's finished xD.

I hope somebody knows how to help me, this thing just gets on my nerves.
 storm-rider
11-02-2011, 4:04 AM
This looks awesome, please release this! :D
 Quanon
11-02-2011, 4:14 AM
What tutorial do you recommend me or what should i do? I hate the try&fail method.

Then you've picked the wrong game to mod. Altering 3D for the Kotor games is all about failing, having a ton of patience and 100.000 redo attempts to get something working.
 Kelvin
11-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Then you've picked the wrong game to mod. Altering 3D for the Kotor games is all about failing, having a ton of patience and 100.000 redo attempts to get something working.

Mmmm, so you're telling me there's no way to solve it the logical way? Just making crazy blind steps and see what happens? There must be a logical way. And a reason for this to happen.
 Darth DeadMan
11-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Looks like some vertexes are weighted to the wrong bones, or not wighted at all.
I suggest checking that and manually paint weights in Max for those vertexes.
 Quanon
11-02-2011, 3:53 PM
Mmmm, so you're telling me there's no way to solve it the logical way? Just making crazy blind steps and see what happens? There must be a logical way. And a reason for this to happen.

That's how most of the "methods" dealing with 3D format of kotor games was found. What you're playing around with is really hardcore modding.

Though I'm certain you've got some knowledge about 3D, sometimes doing an extra resetxform or another step solves a problem, but creates a new one :lol:

It ain't fully crazy blind running, but... it's close ;)

Looks like some vertexes are weighted to the wrong bones, or not wighted at all.

THis is golden advice. But I think it then also involves a tutorial SithSpecter made about doing animations? Certainly worth a look at. It might a have a few good pointers on what might be causing the drooping verts.

Anyway, I do wish you good look, don't give up on it just yet. I'm certain you'll get it working and while doing so, you can help the community solving another part of the problem around character models :)

Perhaps that isn't really what you where after; and I know from experience its a tidious, frustrating affair redoing stuff. But it'll pay off in the end.
 Kelvin
11-03-2011, 12:46 PM
and I know from experience its a tidious, frustrating affair redoing stuff.

Oh, crap. I'll try that thing Darth Deadman said, maybe that will work.
 Kelvin
11-04-2011, 1:59 PM

YESS!! It worked, it works!!! Yeah!!! Thanks Darth Deadman!!

I'll add some details and maybe make the other Masters.

PD:May the force be with you all!
 Quanon
11-05-2011, 6:27 AM
YESS!! It worked, it works!!! Yeah!!! Thanks Darth Deadman!!

I'll add some details and maybe make the other Masters.

PD:May the force be with you all!

Awesome news!
Do you got some pictures?
It's always lovely to see ones work work in the game ^_^
Page: 1 of 1