Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do I combine two separate mods?

Page: 1 of 1
 lonewolf_kai
10-24-2011, 10:16 PM
There's two mods I'd like to combine but I am unsure how to do this since both mods use the baseitems.2da and upcrystals.2da files, and possibly some others I don't see yet.

What I'm wanting to do is combine the Ultimate Sabre Mod and Greatsabres mod so that they will play nice. Eventually I'd also like to use the TSLRCM mod as well with the USM compatibility patch.

I've downloaded the Kotor Tools, but it's a little confusing to me.

Any help provided to would greatly appreciated.
 ChAiNz.2da
10-25-2011, 9:43 AM
Not exact (depends on what other files are affected than .2da files) but

1) install USM
2) install TSLRCM
3) install TSLRCM / USM Patch
4) install Greatsabres using stoffe's 2da Converter/Merger Tool (http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#gmt) on ALL .2das the mods share.

The TSLRCM patch should shoulder most of the burden of USM / TSLRCM shared .2das. Using the merger tool "hopefully" would combine the .2das that TSLRCM / Greatsabres adds so there's little to no conflict. (if any)

Haven't played the mods enough to know what all is affected (USM aside).. but that would be the "basic" route.
Any additions or corrections are most certainly welcomed :D
 lonewolf_kai
10-25-2011, 1:18 PM
oh wow! I got a reply from the legend of KOTOR modding!

Thank you very much ChAiNz.2da. I'll dig into that converter tonight! :thmbup1:

I read the discussion thread and notice someone asked about doing nearly the same thing that I'm wanting to do, combining USM and Greatsabres. Anyways, I saw where Stoffe said that the person would need to extract the unmodified 2da.bif with KotorTool first. I'm going to assume I need to do the same?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Anyways, I saw where Stoffe said that the person would need to extract the unmodified 2da.bif with KotorTool first. I'm going to assume I need to do the same?
Yes, you will need to do that, as the merger tool uses the unedited .2da file as a baseline, and then can compare the "merging" .2da's to the unedited one so that updates can be made without compromising things.

Welcome.... back! just realized you've been a member for a while :doh:
 lonewolf_kai
10-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Yes, you will need to do that, as the merger tool uses the unedited .2da file as a baseline, and then can compare the "merging" .2da's to the unedited one so that updates can be made without compromising things.

Welcome.... back! just realized you've been a member for a while :doh:

Yeah, it's been awhile since I visited KOTOR and modding it. I think the last time I was interested in coverting the Greatsabres mod into KOTOR1 format. I've come back a lot wiser in the modding department. I actually ended up switching over to TES4: Oblivion for the last few years thanks to a request I saw here for some better melee weaponry models. The link that was suggested for the model went to a mod on TESNexus and "WOW'd!!" me. I've been stuck in Oblivion since. I learned to mod games myself from it and even made 20 some odd mods, 8 being published.

I finally broke down and bought KOTOR2 (took me long enough haha!) and have always wanted to do the Greatsabres mod along with the USM mod. A little unfamilar with the tools, but I think I can pick them up pretty quickly thanks to the help I'm getting here.

Thanks for the responses, and thank you for the welcome back!
Page: 1 of 1