Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR: Echo of the Force

Page: 1 of 2
 Ferc Kast
08-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Well, I have looked forward to making this thread for quite some time. I am pleased to finally announce this mod. :) I am quite grateful for everyone who has helped me learn everything I currently know about modding; Also, I am grateful for those who have encouraged me over the years. :thmbup1: So, after that introduction, I am now announcing...
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa467/FercKast/Misc/logo.png)

Plot Introduction
Years after the Battle of Telos IV, the Republic struggles to recover from the war. A series of systems have seceded from the Republic. Attacking from an unknown source, the planet Darrax is under attack. In the midst of a debate in the Senate, the Jedi Council sends a lone Jedi to investigate...

Companions
Xin
Koran Vox
Subal Mahkon
Ora Vaona
HK-47
Master Adri Vale
T3-M4
Kira Sadow
Saverak Vornskar
Jarl Dawas
2 MORE TO BE DECIDED...

Planets
The Corsair Nova
Darrax
Danjir IV
Ryloth
Korriban
MORE TO BE DECIDED...

Progress
The Corsair Nova: 35%
Darrax: 0%
Danjir IV: 0%
Ryloth: 0%
Korriban: 0%

Team Recruitment
I am looking for additional modders to help with this mod in the following areas:
Modelers (mostly planets)
Skinners (characters & modules)
Dialog Writers
Side Quest Ideas

Screenshots
http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa467/FercKast/EotF/th_K2_00001-1.png) (http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa467/FercKast/EotF/K2_00001-1.png)

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa467/FercKast/EotF/th_K2_00002.png) (http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa467/FercKast/EotF/K2_00002.png)

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa467/FercKast/EotF/th_K2_00003.png) (http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa467/FercKast/EotF/K2_00003.png)

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa467/FercKast/EotF/th_hilt_render1.png) (http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa467/FercKast/EotF/hilt_render1.png)

Deadly Stream Thread (http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1293-wip-echo-of-the-force/)
Kast's Echo Thread (http://forum.kasts-echo.info/showthread.php?tid=4)
 Snard
08-22-2011, 11:16 PM
I'm glad you finally uploaded it. You've been talking on Hssiss about it for months. Good luck:)
 newbiemodder
08-23-2011, 8:26 AM
Good luck Ferc!
 mr_dad
08-23-2011, 8:45 AM
Nice. I can help with skinning the characters.
 Warlord664
08-23-2011, 9:56 AM
Very cool! Glad you made the thread. I might be able to give you some side quest ideas.
 LDR
08-23-2011, 10:17 AM
You actually made the thread! Congrats! And the screenies look great!
 Ferc Kast
10-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Well, I realized I hadn't posted in here for a while. I've done some more work on this between school and work. The initial areas are almost done & playable. I should be starting to work on the first planet relatively soon. I also got a couple skins ready for further in the mod. (Trying to do each area chronologically; But, I may start jumping between various areas just to get them done. :)) On a side note, since the last update, I found out that my laptop is entirely supported on Windows 7; So, I made the upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. (I backed up everything before upgrading, so no work was lost in the process.)

I noticed one problem when I was testing my initial areas for any bugs: Upon transiting to the second area, my temporary party member is on the wrong side of a static door. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't stopped working on this, despite not making an update post in a couple months.
 newbiemodder
10-08-2011, 11:39 AM
You could move the starting point of the module a little farther away from the door to allow for the party members to be seen...use the whereami armband or equivalent to get the coords then make the changes in .ifo file. Otherwise, when you start to move, the party member should catch up to you the farther you get from him/her.
 JebusJM
10-10-2011, 10:34 PM
I didn't see this thread at first, but the mod sounds really interesting. Maybe Jebord Esio can make a cameo...?
 harIII
10-11-2011, 9:06 AM
Well, I realized I hadn't posted in here for a while. I've done some more work on this between school and work. The initial areas are almost done & playable. I should be starting to work on the first planet relatively soon. I also got a couple skins ready for further in the mod. (Trying to do each area chronologically; But, I may start jumping between various areas just to get them done. :)) On a side note, since the last update, I found out that my laptop is entirely supported on Windows 7; So, I made the upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. (I backed up everything before upgrading, so no work was lost in the process.)

I noticed one problem when I was testing my initial areas for any bugs: Upon transiting to the second area, my temporary party member is on the wrong side of a static door. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't stopped working on this, despite not making an update post in a couple months.

You have to get your x, y, and z coordinates with the whereami armband. Then open up the module.ifo file for that specific area and then change the mod entry coordinates. They should be somewhere near the top.
 Ferc Kast
10-11-2011, 12:20 PM
You have to get your x, y, and z coordinates with the whereami armband. Then open up the module.ifo file for that specific area and then change the mod entry coordinates. They should be somewhere near the top.

Strangely, after tweaking the starting coordinates, my party member still sometimes spawns on the wrong side of the door. But, at other times, he spawns in the correct spot. :confused:
 harIII
10-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Try starting a new game. This type of modification often requires a new game to see the effect.
 Ferc Kast
10-20-2011, 3:47 PM
Well, update time: First, I fixed the bug mentioned in my last post. Second, there are now journal entries for the quests so far. So, I am going through & adding the entries/quests in-game. Finally, I am almost done with the initial version of the Corsair Nova. As such, I expect to be working on the next planet soon. With this in mind, I thought to give a video clip from the beginning of the Corsair Nova. (Side note: still trying to tweak the camera so it shows the player at the beginning instead of the droid.)

B80O8okYrB8

I didn't see this thread at first, but the mod sounds really interesting. Maybe Jebord Esio can make a cameo...?
Maybe, if the model used for him is in TSL's game files.

Try starting a new game. This type of modification often requires a new game to see the effect.
Worked perfectly when I restarted again, but only after you suggested it. :)
 Scorge
10-20-2011, 4:06 PM
Looks awesome
 Warlord664
10-20-2011, 7:57 PM
Looks very good so far ferc ty for the video!
 LDR
10-20-2011, 8:04 PM
Yummy video! I could only wonder what will happen on Darrax...
 UltimateHK47
11-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Id love to help out in dialog writing and side quest ideas. Hope its going well.
 Lord Dagron
11-20-2011, 5:23 PM
Looks awesome Ferc.
 UltimateHK47
11-20-2011, 5:49 PM
yes, when your vO's come out for that seen it will be brilliant. Do you still need team members, my offfer stands above.
 Ferc Kast
12-10-2011, 3:59 PM
It's been going slowly since my last update; However, things are starting to progress more in its development. I should have some new screenshots in the next post of how things are coming along. :)

I have found a minor bug, which I thought I ought to ask here rather than make a new thread: On a new party member, I made a custom item that only they are able to use; However, by using the useable by NPC property on it, it says "Useable by: Atton" instead of "Useable by: (Insert New Party Member's Name Here)." Does anyone know what exactly do I have to edit to fix this bug?
 Ferc Kast
12-14-2011, 6:56 AM
Well, it's time again for a mini update for EotF. Last time, I asked about a minor bug I had found. Since then, Ive found a temporary fix for my problem until someone can figure out how to fix it the way I was hoping for it to be fixed. Also, I am starting to work on the next module in-game. (Yay for Darth333's whereami band.)

Finally, I am getting around to reskinning those terrible looking "potato sack(s)" from the vanilla KotOR II; Personally, I find it to look more Jedi-esque now. However, I would like to find out what your opinions are about the reskin. I also wondered if there was interest for me to release it for TSL in addition to including it in EotF. :) So, give me your input so I can take the needed action(s).

http://www.lucasforums.com/picture.php?albumid=806&pictureid=8727)
 UltimateHK47
12-14-2011, 1:36 PM
Wow sweet. Yes i think you should release it as a seperate mod. I like it and think many would welcome it into their override.
 Xinaith
12-31-2011, 4:41 PM
I'm a bit confused, is the mod for KOTOR or TSL?
 DeathScepter
12-31-2011, 4:59 PM
TSL
 Xinaith
12-31-2011, 6:44 PM
Oh alright, Thanks.
 Qui-Don Jorn
01-06-2012, 6:58 PM
Looks good, good luck!
 Ferc Kast
02-24-2012, 9:31 AM
*Blows off dust in thread* This thread has gotten a bit dusty. To fix that, it's time for an update on progress: I have gotten a bit more done on the mod. :) It's mostly been plot details, a few new selectable heads, along with some content implementation into the game itself. I don't any new screenshots or videos, though. In their stead, here are some party member background stories for EotF.

OB-48 - Combat Droid (Temporary Party Member)
OB-48 will be found on the Corsair Nova. OB-48 is the personal bodyguard droid of Captain Dax Mindar. He has currently been programmed to ensure your safe arrival to Darrax, by any means necessary.
Adri Vale - Jedi Master/ Female/ Echani
Adri Vale was the PC's Jedi Master, following the Battle of Telos IV. She will be found on Darrax on an unrelated assignment; But, after the events that transpire there, the Jedi Council will have her aid you in pursuing the matter.
Subal Mahkon - Scout/ Male/ Devaronian
Subal Mahkon is a reputable pilot, who will get the PC to his/her destination(s). He was a previous pilot of the Ebon Hawk while Davik owned it. He rarely talks about his past. Subal has flown from one side of the galaxy to the other.
T3-M4 - Astromech Droid
T3-M4 was created by Janis on Taris. T3-M4 was responsible for getting the launch codes to allow Revan and his party to escape. T3 can tell you about the events of KotOR I & II. T3 has retained his excellent repair & computer skills, which in handy from time to time.

Contest
I am allowing you to PM me an idea for a new party member. The winner will have his/her character included in Echo of the Force. Below are the requirements of your entry:

Include their background, species and gender.
General artwork, or even reskins you made, of the character are a plus.
The party member has to be a species (or droid) that are (or can be made with) existing models from KotOR II
Deadline: March 15th

More Coming Soon...
 UltimateHK47
02-26-2012, 5:33 PM
Nice progress. Like the hilt screenie :)
 OldRepublicFan01
02-26-2012, 7:44 PM
Looks Good!
 Ferc Kast
03-03-2012, 11:32 AM
Before I get too far into this post, I have two general reminders.

Contest
There are only 12 days left to submit an entry. See my last post for details on entry requirements.

Team Member Recruitment
I am still looking for additional modders to help with this mod. The following are the specialties I'm looking for:

Modelers (Mostly for Planets, but general modeling is good too.)
Skinners (NPCs & Planets)
Dialog Writers
Side Quest Ideas

Having said that, my update today is a continued list of companions and their background stories. On a side note before I continue: The next update, if done before the contest ends, will be a regular update (mostly likely with some pictures.)

Koran Vox - Soldier/ Male/ Mandalorian
Koran Vox is a Mandalorian, who was present for the Battle of Malachor V. He also was present for the Battle of Telos IV. He was sent by Mandalore the Preserver to find out about the attacks on Darrax. When he missed his opportunity, he decided to take a detour before returning to Dxun.
HK-47 - Assassin Droid
HK-47 was created by Revan, following the Battle of Malachor V. He has been assigned by both Revan and the Exile to keep tabs on activity from criminal organizations, such as Czerka and the Exchange. HK's aggressive personality and dislike of meatbags still remain intact.
Kira Sadow - Scoundrel/ Female/ Human
Kira Sadow is a smuggler, who was captured on route for a shipment. She was taken prisoner during the Corsair Nova's journey to Darrax. Once the ship was under attack, she managed to escape her cell. Her street skills are handy from time to time.
Ora Vaona - Jedi Sentinel/ Female/ Twi'lek
Ora Vaona is still a Padawan, but has great potential. Recently, she was sent with her Master to Ryloth to get information on the Exchange's recent actions there; Unfortunately, their presence was discovered. They killed her Master, but took her prisoner. The Jedi Council is still debating how best to free her.

Website
I have a temporary website for Echo of the Force online; The final/"real" website will be released later in production. I thought it would be nice to have one before the final one is publicly released. :) Also, the NPC portraits shown may not necessarily be the final version.
KotOR: Echo of the Force (http://kotoreotf.wetpaint.com/)

More Coming Soon...
 Warlord664
03-03-2012, 12:24 PM
Very nice update Ferc. Can't wait to see who wins the contest!
 Scorge
03-08-2012, 9:56 PM
In one week the winning entry will be announced, can't wait. :)
 Warlord664
03-14-2012, 7:09 AM
The Last day before the 15th....Now we all wait in suspense. :lol:

:3pdance:
 Ferc Kast
03-14-2012, 7:36 AM
In one week the winning entry will be announced, can't wait. :)
Clarification: I didn't say it would be the 15th that it'd be announced (per se.) I only said that the contest will end on the 15th. ;)

The Last day before the 15th....Now we all wait in suspense. :lol:

As do I; Although, I'm waiting instead for those who decide to do last-minute entries. :)
 Ferc Kast
03-15-2012, 2:36 PM
Greetings, meatba...:eek:...I mean, hello there. :) Today is an exciting day. There is a small update to report, as well as some other exciting stuff. :haw: But, first...

Team Member Recruitment
Can I stress enough how things go faster when multiple people are working together? Having said that, I am still looking for modders to help make this mod. Especially since a couple of the planets require modeling to even be possible. :) The following list contains specific areas of modding (not limited, though, to these specific areas) that I am looking for in team members:
Modeling (Custom Modules, NPCs, etc)
Skinning (NPCs, planets, etc.)
Dialog Writing
Side Quest Ideas

Update
With that out of the way, it is time for an update: Firstly, for those who are unaware, I am writing an extended backstory for Kira Sadow called A Debt Unpaid (see the link in my signature.) It is intended as a treat while Echo of the Force is still in production; And, its story will end close to where EotF's storyline begins. :) Secondly, the other day, I made and have in-game a head skin for the party member Subal Mahkon (who was only mentioned for the first time a few posts ago.) I don't have custom clothes for him yet, but I thought to at least get his head done :)

http://i.minus.com/iPWGM2Y173RmP.png)

Contest
Well, today officially ended the party member contest!! Thank you to all who sent in an entry. :) It was definitely a tough decision...But since the contest ended, it had to be done.

Without further ado, the winner...s are:

christos200's male Human, Xin
Warlord664's male Rodian, Saverak Vornskar

Congratultations, you two!! :) And, I'd also like to thank all those who submitted an entry.

Website
On that exciting note, I have yet more exciting news: I have acquired a new domain name for my modding site; What is more news is that I have started construction on it. Eventually, it will eventually have a dedicated section for Echo of the Force. Until then, I would like your opinion on the site's setup. To find out about and/or download my mods, would you prefer like to have/be:

Blog entries with screenshots, download links, etc. (Using Wordpress)
Blog entry about the mod, but separate page with the screenshots, download links, etc. (Wordpress for blog entry, separate page for mod)
Other (specify in your post.)

More Coming Soon...
 Scorge
03-15-2012, 2:38 PM
Congrats Warlord664 and christos200!!!!! If you want, I could tweak the head a bit for more detail Ferc. I expected Subal Mahkon to be red, but oh well, green is cool too!
 Warlord664
03-15-2012, 4:12 PM
Awesome update! Subal's head looks nice. the green took me a little off guard at first because I don't believe i'd ever seen a green devaronian before, but it certently will make him look different. And grats to christos200! Wasn't expecting two winners. As for the site, I would go with option B. And thanks MrObiWaN.
 christos200
03-15-2012, 5:39 PM
I just show this. My character is chosen.

And grats to christos200!

Thanks grats also to you too.

Congrats Warlord664 and christos200!!!!!

Also this alien in the pic is just great. I cant wait for this mod, although i know that it will take a lot of time. ( I tried to do a TC once, but i gave up. It needs very hard work to create a TC.)
 Scorge
04-11-2012, 8:17 AM
Can't wait for more updates...:D
 Ferc Kast
05-10-2012, 11:00 PM
*blows metaphorical dust off of thread* Phew...nearly a month's worth of dust. :p Let me assure you that this mod project, despite a month of not posting more, is still alive. (Aside: Huzzah; this thread has reached 2 pages!! :D) Before I continue, let me say that I hate to sound like a broken record; however, I do have a friendly reminder to say before the update...

Team Member Recruitment
While one person can bring about change, progress takes off when multiple persons are working together on something. That being said, I am still in need of further modders to further Echo of the Force (hereafter called by its' acronym, EotF) in its' progression. Without further modders, this mod could be destined to move along slowly. So, the following list contains specific areas of modding (not limited, though, to these specific areas) that I am looking for in team members:
Modeling (Custom Modules, NPCs, etc)
Skinning (NPCs, planets, etc.)
Dialog Writing
Side Quest Ideas

If you are interested in helping to make EotF, send me a PM with your user name, the type of modding and a personal sample of that type of modding.

Update
I have a few screenshots to visually show progress. (Yes, I will get back to setting up the plot/planets soon enough.) This time, like my last update, my modding has been focused on party members. I have been making placeholder utc's (including temporary portraits and custom appearances), ensuring their recruitment scripts will work, etc. As of the other day, I have only 2 more party members to make. As far as the screenshots go, christos200's Xin (from the contest) has his custom appearance. (I plan to get around to Warlord664's Saverak Vornskar in the near future.) Also, I decided to make a connection between the KotOR series and the prequel trilogy. I created a new skin for the war droid model that resembles the appearance of the Battle Droids. The first war droid in EotF that the player will see with this new skin is OB-48 from the Corsair Nova. :)

http://i.minus.com/jNHEIyvyalPK.png)

http://eotf.kasts-echo.info/img/K2_00007.png)

http://eotf.kasts-echo.info/img/K2_00008.png)

FAQ
Beginning with this post, I will have a dedicated section in my updates with questions that people ask about Echo of the Force. You can either post them in either the Deadly Stream thread, in this thread or PM/VM me. (I will keep the asker's user name anonymous when posting them.) If I get a bunch of them, I may record Q/A sessions and post them on YouTube.

Q: I'm pretty sure you've read the Revan novel. Thus, you know about T3-M4's fate. Therefore, how can T3-M4 be still alive in your mod?
A: I have known about T3's fate since I read the Revan novel. Right now, I merely listed him as a placeholder until I make a new astromech droid.

Q: How many years after KotOR 2 does KotOR: EotF occur?
A: KotOR: EotF takes place around 5 or so years after KotOR 2.

Q: Do you plan to include anybody from Revan's and the Exile's party members (aside from T3 and HK) in the game?
A: It has crossed my mind, but I have not come to a final decision about including other party members from the previous games.

Website
So, I've doing so HTML coding recently for my future modding website. I would like your opinion before continuing to design and set it up: Would you prefer that finish the site for my previously released mods before or after finishing EotF's future site? (Both sites are already in progress.)

More Coming Soon...
 Zhaboka
05-12-2012, 2:27 AM
Kira Sadow is a genius name.
 Ferc Kast
10-09-2012, 8:39 PM
Hey, all. As a special treat (and to assure you that this mod is still alive), I decided to post the (tentative) title scroll for Echo of the Force.

A long time ago in a galaxy far,
far away...

Star
Wars

ECHO OF THE FORCE

The Galactic Republic is
slowly recovering from
the Battle of Telos IV.
Peace can be found once
more with the restoration
of the Jedi Order.

Striking from an unknown
location, a force has openly
attacked the planet Darrax.
If unresolved, it could spell
doom for the fragile Republic.

Hoping to resolve the matter,
the Jedi Council has secretly
sent a lone Jedi Knight to
investigate and retain the
peace and order in the galaxy....

As before, I am still looking for people who are willing and able to assist in creating this mod. For further details, see my previous post in this thread.

Well, that's all I have to report for now.

More coming soon... (Hopefully)
 Scorge
10-09-2012, 8:40 PM
Very Interesting, I want to see what Darrax looks like :)
 battle111
10-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Look's real amazing!!!!
 Zhaboka
10-10-2012, 6:04 PM
I like the lone-Jedi-who-doesn't-know-what-he's-getting-into vibe.
 Ferc Kast
10-20-2012, 9:48 PM
I like the lone-Jedi-who-doesn't-know-what-he's-getting-into vibe.

As do I. :p

If a picture is worth a thousand words, perhaps you would do well to prepare...

http://i.minus.com/ibuGjDzV4HVZyc.png)

http://i.minus.com/iRcPav31Iir07.png)

http://i.minus.com/i41z95fWFv06I.png)

Thanks are deserved to Scourge for his green reskins, which downsized 300+ files in a particular module to only 50 files. :cool: Also, the second picture has characters there only for placement while the real utcs are being developed. ;)

As always, if you too are interested in aiding the development of Echo of the Force in any shape or form, please see above the top post of this page for more details.

More Coming Soon...
 logan23
10-21-2012, 4:42 PM
I don't see anything? =(
 Ferc Kast
10-21-2012, 5:45 PM
I don't see anything? =(

It's a conspiracy to hide the pictures; apparently, my site's host nor LF wants me to show these pictures to anyone. :xp: In all seriousness, it should be working this time...I hope. :raise: No clue why it didn't work when I uploaded them to my LF photo album.
 logan23
10-21-2012, 11:49 PM
It worked =)

Cool pics!
 Ferc Kast
10-30-2012, 7:49 PM
Well, I reckon it's time again for an update. Once more, thanks are deserved to Scorge who helped in making...well, let me show you...

http://i.minus.com/iE1wjqmvDHGLQ.png)

Progress is starting to move along still; but, as before, it could prove to be faster were there more people involved in the project. (See the top post of this page for details.)

Contest Time
I thought to myself the other day, why shouldn't I get some ideas from the community again? So, an opportunity has presented itself and well be reflected in the next video update that I plan to make in the near future. So, the details are as follows
Who - Anyone who wants to participate
What - Make a unique Jedi, including their name and appearance
When - From Oct. 30 to Thanksgiving 2012 (Appropriate, no? :p)
Constraints - You must make either the head skin or full-body model yourself. The only limit is that the Jedi must be able to equip the Jedi Master Robes. (Whether by skinning the Jedi Robes on the full-body model, or simply by making a new head.)

You may contact me either via e-mail (see any of my recent readme files from any mod), Skype (see my profile for the username), or private message either here or the forum on Kast's Echo by the appointed deadline. :D

Announcement Time

Yes, you read correctly just now: Kast's Echo (http://kasts-echo.info/) is finally up and running again. (Some minor details are not done yet, but I will fix them soon.) Included on the site's revision is a forum where you can get direct support for my mods and discuss Echo of the Force. In the near future, I will make a subsection on my site for Echo of the Force constructed; until such a time, feel free to go to the appropriate section on my forum. :)
Page: 1 of 2