Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

So Close to New Weapons without the Emitter!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 TheCrusher347
08-05-2011, 6:26 PM
Hey everyone,

If you don't already know, me and some other people are creating the RCII New Commando mod. I have found a way to make new weapons and animations without having like the weapon as a emitter in the notify or whatever. I created a .ukx in UT2004 since the .psk import in RC doesn't work, and when i try to open the .ukx in the RC Editor, it crashes.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
TheCrusher347
 RyuzakiL.Lawliet
08-06-2011, 5:58 AM
You can't do anything with UT2004 and import it RC after this because RC doesn't support .ukx. This is the only reason i think ;)
 TheCrusher347
08-06-2011, 7:49 AM
The RC Editor's animations ARE .ukx files. So what the problem :D?
 RyuzakiL.Lawliet
08-06-2011, 9:24 AM
Well because you can't import a animations like this. The only way is to import .psa or .psk files :/ But it always crash. So best way is to attach emitter it's easier :P
 TheCrusher347
08-06-2011, 4:06 PM
Why cant i make the .ukx in UT2004? And emitters might be easier, but me and the other guys helping want a good quality mod, so thats what im doing :D
 RyuzakiL.Lawliet
08-07-2011, 6:31 AM
You can't because it's not the same game. Ok it's approximatly the same engine but the same game and not exactly the same engine too. Even if you try to import them from Ut99 or UT2003 it will not work. Only thing you can do is to convert static mesh by converting them into brush and export them as .t3d. It's the only thing you can do. Lucasarts is really vicious, they don't want anybody can make a better game than them :)
 TheCrusher347
08-07-2011, 7:30 PM
Then how come u can use .utx and .usx files from UT2004 to RC?
 RyuzakiL.Lawliet
08-07-2011, 9:28 PM
U can use textures if you export them . Right click, export as. And you can export Static Mesh by converting them to brush. Right click, convert to, brush. Then suppress the static mesh just let the brush. Left click on it. And in then files (extrem left in the tool), export as .t3d. And then import the .t3d files in RC. I try once and i don't remember but there was a failure with the uv's of the textures so it has not work like I expected.

Conclusion: Unreal Editor (Rc version) sucks and you can't import anything except .psk with no animations and you can't even add animations to them or it will fail (like if you try to put Battledroid anims to Grievous for exemple)

The only thing you can do is to import .psk from other Unreal Engine Game like I did for my mod. For exemple, Bulletstorm, Borderlands, Turok, etc... It's the only thing you can do and when you imported a .psk in Unreal Editor you can convert it as static mesh :)
It's the only thing you can do I think.

Sorry for this long thing but it's 3:27 am in France and i'm really tired right now x)
 HockeyGoalie35
08-07-2011, 11:08 PM
The reason why they dont work together are because the RC engine is watered-down and half-broken. there are certain parameters that psa/psk must have for them to work.
 TheCrusher347
08-08-2011, 8:27 AM
Thanks for ur help! I'll keep trying to find a way, but if it doesn't work, I'll just go back to the emitters

And also, how come u can import a .psk when my editor crashes when i try to import a .psk?
 HockeyGoalie35
08-08-2011, 10:39 AM
Ussually its because there is somthing wrong with the psk. I dont know what exactly but you may get your awnsers from VI: http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?u=167067)
 RyuzakiL.Lawliet
08-08-2011, 2:55 PM
Well with the .psk from Bulletstorm etc... there is no problem.

http://uberblack3d.blogspot.com/)

Here you can find some source and if you try import them, it works :D but only for .psk :/ .psa sucks it will do some strange things on your mesh.
 TheCrusher347
08-10-2011, 8:09 AM
Hmm thats interesting... Ill look into it thanks :D
Page: 1 of 1