Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modeling in GMax

Page: 1 of 1
 darthtyren
08-04-2011, 1:27 PM
I'm trying to follow along with Quanon's tutorial on how to begin modeling. I get down to a part where it says something about connecting edges with a feature that I'm guessing is only available in 3DMax, so I have no clue what to do. Would someone please help?
 Dak Drexl
08-04-2011, 4:30 PM
If you name that feature then someone will be able to point you in the right direction.
 darthtyren
08-04-2011, 4:54 PM
If you name that feature then someone will be able to point you in the right direction.

It's the small button next to connect under Edit Edges tab in Max.

OK, nvm. Looks like that question has been answered.

But now I have a question about the answer:

Then you'll need to go into select Vert. You'll have to adjust each Vert, which you just created, cause of the Cutting. Fill in the box of the Z-value (most of the times). Use the Move Tool, to drag the Vert to the right height (what you like of course), look at the Z-Value, copy that over to all the other verts. And should get straight new edges.

Which vertices am I supposed to edit, and how exactly?
Page: 1 of 1