Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modifying Modules to not use the same name for two different objects

Page: 1 of 1
 MechWarrior001
07-23-2011, 2:41 AM
So I've started my "Journey" into modding TSL by starting out with something simple - making doors automatically close. I've pretty much got it down concerning using KOTOR Tool and etc, but the thing is there are multiple modules that use the same name for two completely different sets of doors. (For example, the BXC Office door and one of the Bay Control doors)

How would I modify these modules to use a alternate set of doors to eliminate conflicts?

Also, other doors have been set to execute a dialog script upon opening (For example, the Ithorian Compound Door and their Greeter). How would I set it to still execute this one-time script but close itself after opening?
 Fallen Guardian
07-23-2011, 3:17 AM
For multiple doors you would have to make a custom door and then implement it into the module through the .git. You would have to set a conditional so
It would only fire once. The easiest way I can think to do this is through booleans. I don't have time to post details so feel free to ask questions.
 MechWarrior001
07-23-2011, 3:49 AM
Hmm, how would I do that? What files are booleans store in?

Also, where do I put the *.gits? In the override folder, or would I have put it in a *.rim and place it in the modules folder?
 Elite Duck
07-23-2011, 8:26 AM
A .rim is made up of ".ifo" ," .are" and ".git". You need to compile your .git with the other 2 into a rim which goes it the modules folder.
If you're replacing something it's highly reccomended to make a backup of the original
 MechWarrior001
07-23-2011, 3:24 PM
A .rim is made up of ".ifo" ," .are" and ".git". You need to compile your .git with the other 2 into a rim which goes it the modules folder.
If you're replacing something it's highly reccomended to make a backup of the original

How would I compile the .rim? What tool do I use?
 Fallen Guardian
07-23-2011, 3:35 PM
I would suggest not replacing the .rim file but using a .mod file instead. It inserts all your changes to a module but without having to replace any in-game files. You can make a .mod through Kotor tool. In the upper right hand corner their is a button that says ERF, click on it and a window will open. From there you can select to make a .mod file, where it exports to, and what name it has. Then you add the files you want and build it. However, TSLRCM uses .mod files for most of the modules and to most people it is a nessecity to have TSLRCM installed so you would have to talk to DarthStoney about how to make TSLRCM and your mod compatible.
 Darth InSidious
07-23-2011, 3:43 PM
All of the information you seek can be found in the Tutorials section. My advice would be to start here (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143421). :)
Page: 1 of 1