Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who Pre-Ordered SW:ToR?

Page: 1 of 1
 VeganHipster
07-22-2011, 6:39 PM
Anybody else pre-order SW:ToR? I got the Collectors Edition :P I just had to get all the extra goodies, I have been waiting for this game for too long and it looks really good!

And Bioware has stated that the endgame is on a solo world. Meaning it is all you, clasic KoTOR style.
 Canaan Sadow
07-22-2011, 8:24 PM
I need to upgrade to the Collector's Ed, but I've already preordered it and paid it off at Gamestop, it's been there for reserve for a long time haha
 Darth InSidious
07-22-2011, 9:02 PM
Anybody else pre-order SW:ToR? I got the Collectors Edition :P I just had to get all the extra goodies, I have been waiting for this game for too long and it looks really good!

And Bioware has stated that the endgame is on a solo world. Meaning it is all you, clasic KoTOR style.

Not really. There are several major parts of the game where you will need to have other players with you.
 VeganHipster
07-23-2011, 2:55 AM
Not really. There are several major parts of the game where you will need to have other players with you.

I said the end game, you know, like the end of the game o_O?? Obviously you can't play the whole game by yourself, but they stated the last planet, the end game, is only single player quests.
 Jamps
07-23-2011, 11:48 AM
I didn't preorder it, and most likely will
Never buy it. Not that I have anything against MMO's, in fact I played Galaxies for years. I just happened to sell my gaming rig years ago and am now a Mac loyalist. I really wish they would have made a Kotor game for the consoles instead. I'm sure TOR will be a pretty solid game though.

Maybe I'll have to get another PC sometime down the road...
 ChAiNz.2da
07-24-2011, 7:31 AM
pre-orderd mine (CE) first day :D
Already have my code locked in.. so now comes the wait.... oh the wait... :fist:
 Miltiades
07-24-2011, 7:53 AM
I never pre-order. And while I am interested in the game, I will need reviews and user impressions before I buy this thing.

Also, I'm not an MMO veteran, so I may be wrong, but is endgame not supposed to be the kind of stuff that happens after the singleplayer story? Raids and the like?
 Hallucination
07-24-2011, 2:32 PM
Also, I'm not an MMO veteran, so I may be wrong, but is endgame not supposed to be the kind of stuff that happens after the singleplayer story? Raids and the like?
That's about right, but you'll typically find group content as you level up too, it's just that at the end game it becomes a lot more hardcore. And then there is often some single player stuff like crafting and questing available.
 Jae Onasi
07-24-2011, 6:48 PM
I pre-ordered the CE. :)
 Canaan Sadow
07-24-2011, 7:35 PM
I didn't preorder it, and most likely will
Never buy it. Not that I have anything against MMO's, in fact I played Galaxies for years. I just happened to sell my gaming rig years ago and am now a Mac loyalist. I really wish they would have made a Kotor game for the consoles instead. I'm sure TOR will be a pretty solid game though.

Maybe I'll have to get another PC sometime down the road...

I would like to point out that KotOR and KotOR II was released for the xbox. JS.
 VeganHipster
07-24-2011, 7:46 PM

The main story at the endgame is all solo. There are still 'raids' in the endgame and whatnot like in any other MMO.
 Darth Avlectus
07-24-2011, 8:05 PM
I want that color change crystal thingy but then again I'm sure that item or one like it could be bought or found in the game, or will be added in an expansion. It's about money right now, and can't play it till I have a new machine anyhoo which may be awhile. Also as militiades said, reviews. I want to be sure this will be worth sinking into.
 Q
08-06-2011, 11:10 AM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
 Canderis
08-06-2011, 2:49 PM
I wont preorder till i know the monthly fee.
 logan23
08-07-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm sure the monthly fee will be the same as WoW so they can compete especially since WoW now has the play free till level 20 ..I think?..I forget what level
 Jamps
08-08-2011, 2:33 PM
I would like to point out that KotOR and KotOR II was released for the xbox. JS.

Haha I can see where my post was misleading. I was referring to a third Kotor game. I had both games for the Xbox and PC.

Most don't share my sentiments though, considering this bad boy is breaking pre-order records.

http://www.fudzilla.com/games/item/23564-swtor-breaking-pre-order-records)

If this game doesn't turn out to be a bust, it will definitely last a long time. Maybe I'll have to get a new PC...
 Luminous Being
08-09-2011, 12:24 PM
I resisted the temptation to preorder. I will wait for the hype to subside then I'll decide if I'll buy it.
 DarthJacen
08-10-2011, 1:50 AM
By then, there won't be any. It's like when the Xbox 360 or the PS3 came out, and there weren't any on the shelves for months. They were back-ordered so badly from all the pre-orders.
 logan23
08-10-2011, 9:09 AM
Yea I heard there might be fewer copies to buy if you wait for the release date due to the number of pre orders. If they feel that if they launch with this many pre orders and worry about the open launch and servers / or quality... They will limit the number of copies sold at release. So there is a chance no pre order means hard to find copy. And wait to play
 DarthJacen
08-11-2011, 11:02 PM
Yea I heard there might be fewer copies to buy if you wait for the release date due to the number of pre orders. If they feel that if they launch with this many pre orders and worry about the open launch and servers / or quality... They will limit the number of copies sold at release. So there is a chance no pre order means hard to find copy. And wait to play

But, they won't have to worry about waiting in line to get their crash ticket resolved like the rest of us. There will be benefits for waiting.
 VeniVidiVicous
08-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Does anyone know the actual release date??

I know they're wrapping up galaxies soon so I assume it'll be out either when Galaxies shuts down or shortly after?
 Prime
08-12-2011, 1:06 PM
I haven't. Will probably just pick it up on the say of release.
 Taak Farst
08-13-2011, 2:46 PM
I know they're wrapping up galaxies soon so I assume it'll be out either when Galaxies shuts down or shortly after?
Soon™

Srsly.
 vadess40
10-12-2011, 6:23 PM
I bought mine and put the code in. I am so glad that this game comes out after my Fall semester exams are done!!
 90SK
10-13-2011, 4:28 PM
I will not be playing this game, I do not desire to get into MMOs and I can't afford the rates anyhow, though it does sadden me slightly since I would probably enjoy playing.
 Ztalker
10-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know the actual release date??

20 December worldwide release.

OT:
I did 'reserve' my copy of the Special Delux Uber Edition.
It's gone from the site now though, so I think I'll give the company a call this monday. This Sith Inquisitor needs his toys and completely nerdy and unnecessary Darth Malgus statue dammit.
 Jae Onasi
10-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Release date is 20 Dec 2011. The monthly fee will be the standard 15 bucks a month (US). I'm playing the beta, and the game is definitely a lot of fun. What you are seeing on the TOR forums in the Dev blogs and releases is what you are going to see in game. There are things I'd like to see them change, and there are bugs to fix (it's a Bioware game--when are there NOT bugs to fix?), but I can say right now that if you've enjoyed the Kotor games, you'll enjoy this one.

Yes, I pre-ordered, the first day I possible could.
 Taak Farst
10-18-2011, 5:57 PM
Yes, I pre-ordered, the first day I possible could.

There's one thing neither of us differ on ! :P

Well I say this, I pre-ordered it as soon as GAME's collector's edition was back up from being down due to traffic.
 mimartin
10-18-2011, 6:35 PM
20 December worldwide release.

Not worldwide. Oz will not have it.

Haven't pre-ordered it out of solidarity for by brothers in the south and Asia. :xp:
 Jae Onasi
10-18-2011, 8:50 PM
Not worldwide. Oz will not have it.

Haven't pre-ordered it out of solidarity for by brothers in the south and Asia. :xp:
Oh, but they CAN order it on Oz. I know a number of Aussies who picked it up from Amazon. Some have been rumored to have been in a Down-Under-only beta weekend.
 logan23
10-18-2011, 9:23 PM
Release date is 20 Dec 2011. The monthly fee will be the standard 15 bucks a month (US). I'm playing the beta, and the game is definitely a lot of fun. What you are seeing on the TOR forums in the Dev blogs and releases is what you are going to see in game. There are things I'd like to see them change, and there are bugs to fix (it's a Bioware game--when are there NOT bugs to fix?), but I can say right now that if you've enjoyed the Kotor games, you'll enjoy this one.

I want to say thanks for giving us your feel on the game. Its great to hear it from someone who is in the kotor community.:thmbup1:

I have mine already pre ordered and I'm looking forward to enjoying this game =)
My first MMO
 Tommycat
10-19-2011, 1:43 AM
Pre-ordered. Was excited for the game. Got in the beta. Even more excited for the game.

It's a LOT of fun.
 R2-X2
10-19-2011, 4:48 PM
Still suspicious about TOR. Maybe it's just me still being disappointed by TOR not being KotOR III... and having to pay a monthly fee. But you can't really expect a good online game costing nothing, so let's leave that out.
 mimartin
10-19-2011, 11:08 PM
Lynk shamed be into ordering a few moments ago.
 MsFicwriter
10-20-2011, 2:03 AM
I cut my MMO "teeth" on EverQuest. I was absolutely fascinated by the lore and storyline. Not only did every object seem to have a purpose and a history, but to this day, people compete to see who can find the rarest and most potent artifacts. That said, I often felt like EQ's lore was disjointed. How did YOUR character's story fit in with the overall narrative arc of Norrath and ITS story? The answer is that IMHO, it really didn't. There was no "endgame", at least as much as the conclusion to a coherent narrative is concerned.

Is the TOR storyline MORE of a storyline? Does it flow semi-coherently, at least?
 Jae Onasi
10-20-2011, 1:49 PM
Bioware says it's still working on some of the end game, and the last 10 levels are still somewhat unpolished (in comparison to early levels) by all reports, so it's hard to tell. I did hear from talks that came out of NY ComicCon last weekend that you'll have to play both LS and DS characters to get the full Revan story, so there was a bit of a teaser there.
 mimartin
10-20-2011, 2:48 PM
you'll have to play both LS and DS characters to get the full Revan story, so there was a bit of a teaser there.

mimartin does not do darkside. :( Darkside in real life, no reason to do it in games.
 jonathan7
10-20-2011, 3:13 PM
I did hear from talks that came out of NY ComicCon last weekend that you'll have to play both LS and DS characters to get the full Revan story, so there was a bit of a teaser there.

See this **** could well be a deal breaker for me, forget game mechanics, monthly subscriptions and all that Jazz... I would rather they didnt (and they don't need to go near Revan) - it's 300 years later why would anyone need to know of Revan and the Exile.

If the Exile gets included in TOR I'm not playing it end of, messing with TSL, and especially deciding **** like the Exile being female is in game, will see me not playing the game, no matter how good it is, I play RPG's for story, and the above just renders everything in a previous RPG (that I really like) not true.
 Tommycat
10-23-2011, 2:20 AM
From the interviews Daniel Erickson made it out to be more for those that WANTED to learn more about Revan's fate. Those that don't can skip past it. So if you don't want to know just don't do the optional Revan stuff.
 Darth Avlectus
10-28-2011, 3:30 AM
Having best friends with tons of influence on you.....they're eager to play...a little curious myself.....they're offering to pay for part of your collector's edition.........Building new computer....getting hard to resist.....

I want that color change crystal thingy but then again I'm sure that item or one like it could be bought or found in the game, or will be added in an expansion. It's about money right now, and can't play it till I have a new machine anyhoo which may be awhile. Also as militiades said, reviews. I want to be sure this will be worth sinking into.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN82i1Sp8Qt32Ni1667qL-A_jQfT2JiELu3cQe9DudzaD1ynmdv5NzoCN_KA)

BTW if you preorder, don't do best buy. :¬:
 Ztalker
10-28-2011, 6:32 AM
Bioware says it's still working on some of the end game, and the last 10 levels are still somewhat unpolished (in comparison to early levels) by all reports, so it's hard to tell. I did hear from talks that came out of NY ComicCon last weekend that you'll have to play both LS and DS characters to get the full Revan story, so there was a bit of a teaser there.

mimartin does not do darkside. :( Darkside in real life, no reason to do it in games.

@Jae:
Seems their focus is good. Age of Conan did everything wrong, with content missing from levels 40-50. It's also good to hear that both sides get their info about Revan. If they'd made it LS only,the Republic players would probably outnumber the DS players 10:1. Question though...I'm going to play Empire, but can you be 'grey-Sith' where you are playing a 'good' Sith only killing when there's no other option? I'd hate to be forced to play a clichй Sith.

@minimartin:
You'd probably want to rethink that...in my experience, 70% of the players will play a Jedi. You'll be playing next to (clichй) people of <12 years who simply play the game because they can wield a shiny saber and because they like the movies, players who loved the Force Unleashed and got stuck on Kotor puzzles. They will ruin your game experience because they are focussed on their own story and gaming experience. IE: Playing a wrong armor and weapons equiped simply because they think it looks cool, instead of playing it in a social way, the way it's meant too. This has been the problem in Warcraft too. Because of WC3 adn the LOTR movies, the 'good' side outnumbers the 'evil' side vastly on most servers. Everyone wants to be a Legolas, Gimli or Aragorn. Not an Orc or Tauren..
It also means the 'evil' sides is MUCH better in PvP, because they'll face (relatively) more n00b teams.

OT:
My pre-order for the special edition failed.
Going to pre-order the 'normal' edition this week. Still looking for a Guild though, since I probably can't join the US servers. Maybe I'll check with some RL friends if they will be playing too.
 mimartin
10-28-2011, 12:46 PM
@minimartin:
You'd probably want to rethink that...in my experience, 70% of the players will play a Jedi.
I figure that, but plan to stick with people I know as much as possible. Also not going to be a jedi, looking at a smuggler with some interest. If I go the other way then perhaps a bounty hunter.

Let's face it, I'm only playing TOR for the chance to stab Lynk in the back at some point during game play. If I get a shot at Mav and Jeff too, well that is all the merrier. j/k
Page: 1 of 1