Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Did you pre-order The Old Republic?

Page: 1 of 1
 Jeff
07-21-2011, 2:41 PM
With pre-orders starting today (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/the-old-republic-is-now-available-for-pre-order/), have you pre-ordered the game for yourself yet?
 ChAiNz.2da
07-21-2011, 2:54 PM
pre-ordered the Collector's Edition this morning :emodanc:

I think my wallet is still crying.. hehe, but the crazy extras (http://www.swtor.com/preorder) will be worth it. :D
 SITH LORD 872
07-22-2011, 11:34 AM
I just hope it's everything it's hyped up to be, Or I'm going to be real upset!
 Gurges-Ahter
07-22-2011, 11:49 AM
I definitely ordered the Collector's Edition... it's fun to get excited for the game again.
 adamqd
07-22-2011, 11:54 AM
I ordered the digital one from Origin with the free color changer crystal, I cant justify the CE at this point in my Financial ClusterF, so I'll have to go without the nice items, although I'm sure there will be plenty more exiting things to worry about than Holo-projectors when we break down the gates on Launch :)

Side-Note: FTR I hope there is no XP or Health advantage to any of the CE items, that would be Buying skills, which IMO is a bad.
 Tommycat
07-23-2011, 2:03 AM
This is the first game I have EVER pre-ordered. Most games I wait a few weeks to get. Lets face it, I knew I would be playing this game regardless... But it is strange to actually want a game so badly that I actually pre-ordered it... At least for me it is.
 Miltiades
07-23-2011, 12:07 PM
I never pre-order games, nor will I now. I'll be waiting for reviews like I always do.
 Darth InSidious
07-23-2011, 12:25 PM
No, nor will I, thohugh I have pre-ordered games in the past. I want far more detail on the game's pay details in general, and to look at the reviews, before I even consider trying it.
 Jae Onasi
07-23-2011, 8:32 PM
With pre-orders starting today (http://www.starwarsmmo.net/news/the-old-republic-is-now-available-for-pre-order/), have you pre-ordered the game for yourself yet?Hell, yes. I pre-ordered the CE.

We're waiting to figure out which versions to get the rest of the family. We don't need 4 Darth Malgus statues hanging around the house.

If it's the standard 15 bucks a month sub, we're going to be paying about 45-60 bucks a month, but that's about what we pay to take all 4 of us out to 1 movie, so I think we'll spring for it.
 Gurges-Ahter
07-24-2011, 11:49 AM
My son is definitely interested in playing too, but I don't know if we'll get him an account. He's only 7, and the only games he's played extensively are the Lego games on his Wii. He loves those. I'll probably let him watch me play for a bit and decide from there.
 Hallucination
07-24-2011, 2:23 PM
I don't know if I'll pre-order, or if I'm even going to play at launch due to massive changes in my lifestyle that'll be coming around the same time as the game. :(
 Sabretooth
07-24-2011, 3:12 PM
I don't know if I'll pre-order, or if I'm even going to play at launch due to massive changes in my lifestyle that'll be coming around the same time as the game. :(

I wish you luck on your journey to the fabled Queendom of Lustful Virgins of Neptune, good Baron. o_Q
 Darth Avlectus
07-24-2011, 5:09 PM
Errgh. I just dropped a load to buy books on sale at Borders liquidation sale. I'm broke atm.

That color change crystal is tempting. BTW the collector's edition is sold out already.

I won't be able to play it, though. Since a new machine is needed and that may not happen for another 18 months at least (plus I'm building it), it'd just be sitting there for awhile. Then again, I bought TSL and let it sit for about 1.5-2 years and I have friends both irl and online who want to play it.

In a couple weeks to a month, we'll see. Right now I'm on a strict financial diet to stay out of debt.
 Hallucination
07-24-2011, 6:04 PM
I wish you luck on your journey to the fabled Queendom of Lustful Virgins of Neptune, good Baron. o_Q
Thank you, my good sir, but won't you reconsider your decision to not be joining me? o_Q
 Tommycat
07-25-2011, 2:00 PM
Hell, yes. I pre-ordered the CE.

I vote this the least surprising post of the year.
 adamqd
07-25-2011, 3:01 PM
lol +1
 Taak Farst
07-26-2011, 9:09 AM
Yeah, it took some doing, but I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition at Game UK yesterday, and got/redeemed my code today.

EDIT: I just pray none of it is cheaply done, like the statue being hollow plastic or something xP
 Gurges-Ahter
07-26-2011, 1:20 PM
@Taak - Gentle Giant makes quality products, so I wouldn't worry about the statue being anything less than great.
 Jae Onasi
07-27-2011, 2:15 PM
Hell, yes. I pre-ordered the CE.

I vote this the least surprising post of the year.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
 Lynk Former
07-27-2011, 5:49 PM
Despite being Australian, I pre-ordered the CE :p Can't wait... even though we don't even know when it's gonna be released.
 Taak Farst
07-28-2011, 8:06 AM
Despite being Australian, I pre-ordered the CE

Congratulations, considering it's mostly Australians complaining they are unable to get it :P

EDIT: Jae, why don'tcha get the Digital Deluxe versions for the rest of the family?
 Tommycat
07-28-2011, 1:21 PM
we don't even know when it's gonna be released.

Soon™
 logan23
07-29-2011, 4:40 PM
I pre ordered the standard version, so now all I have to do is show up knowing there is a copy for me. :)
 Gurges-Ahter
07-29-2011, 4:42 PM
Soon™

lol... love the trademark
 Tommycat
07-30-2011, 11:46 AM
lol... love the trademark

That is to differentiate it from the normal soon.

from WoWWiki (http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon#Blizzard.27s_Official_Definition_of_Soon)
Soon: Copyright 2004-2011 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."[1]

I just hope it isn't "Valve time"
 Mav
07-30-2011, 6:43 PM
I pre-ordered the CE cause Jeff threatened me
 s-island
07-30-2011, 7:09 PM
Pre-ordered the CE from German Amazon because everyone else was sold out.
 Lynk Former
07-30-2011, 9:52 PM
I pre-ordered the CE cause BioWare hates me and obviously I hate myself... XD
 adamqd
07-31-2011, 4:49 AM
I recommend euthanasia Lynk.
 Lynk Former
07-31-2011, 8:53 AM
Why? XD it's not like I won't be able to play it.
 adamqd
07-31-2011, 9:06 AM
Joking bud :), just be happy in the fact that you've got a CE... I may be a part of the "Master Race" but I couldn't afford a CE, I'm Just a Standard Digital Edition Loser (According to the tOR forums lol, CE owners are self proclaimed VIPs there :))
 Lynk Former
07-31-2011, 7:30 PM
Well we have our own store/vip area :p
 Taak Farst
07-31-2011, 8:05 PM
Well we have our own store/vip area :p

true that :P I'll be in there, laughing at those standard edition owners!! :lol:
 adamqd
08-01-2011, 10:59 AM
A pink VIP Jedi Robe that only CE people can get wont help you on the battlefield Biotchies :mad: ... ;)
 Astor
08-01-2011, 11:47 AM
Pre-ordered the standard version the other day, for much the same reason as adamqd. That I prefer Gentle Giant's Shae Viszla over the Darth Malgus statue.

And based on what I've seen on the TOR forums, I don't want access to a 'VIP area' if those are the sorts of people using it. :)
 Lynk Former
08-01-2011, 11:54 AM
A pink VIP Jedi Robe that only CE people can get wont help you on the battlefield Biotchies :mad: ... ;)
But it'll make people feel pretty.
 Jae Onasi
08-01-2011, 6:27 PM
Don't worry, if stuff inside the VIP area is a lot cheaper (and I don't think it will), I'll buy stuff in there and re-sell it at the same cost to guild/alliance mates.

They have a VIP/lifetimer subscription area in Star Trek Online, and it's not really anything that useful. Earth Starbase is still the major hub for everyone, lifers and non-lifers alike. I suspect it'll be a lot like that in TOR, too--the main starting area will be the social hub for everyone, rather than the VIP-only store.
 Taak Farst
08-02-2011, 4:00 PM
Don't worry, if stuff inside the VIP area is a lot cheaper (and I don't think it will), I'll buy stuff in there and re-sell it at the same cost to guild/alliance mates.

I'm betting the items will be Bind on Pickup to prevent VIPeople from getting the items then selling them at extortionate rates to non-VIPeople
 TheRogueForums
08-08-2011, 5:41 AM
This is the first game I have EVER pre-ordered. Most games I wait a few weeks to get. Lets face it, I knew I would be playing this game regardless... But it is strange to actually want a game so badly that I actually pre-ordered it... At least for me it is.

Same for me- first time I ever pre-ordered any game.
 Luminous Being
08-09-2011, 12:36 PM
No, I'll wait for the hype to die dow. Then I'll decide.
 Gurges-Ahter
08-09-2011, 8:50 PM
No, I'll wait for the hype to die dow. Then I'll decide.

You'll be waiting a while.
 FimmFingur
12-07-2011, 7:16 AM
I just ordered the standard version. I should have gone for deluxe :(
Page: 1 of 1