Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR- Help with freezing glitch on Tatooine

Page: 1 of 1
 Landowns
07-13-2011, 1:12 AM
Hi everyone,
I figured this would be a good forum to ask this on since it gets plenty of traffic. My game keeps freezing on a black screen as I try to enter the Czerka office on Tatooine, just after agreeing to get the vaporizers for the Sand People. I've tried changing my graphics settings and disabling shadows/grass, but nothing has worked. I've tried loading from different saves and trying and it freezes every time. I have the 1.03 patch and am running the game in a VMWare Image of Windows XP on my Windows 7 laptop. I installed the game from CDs and haven't modified anything in the .dll files or anything. Normally I would just do it the dark side way but every time I kill all the sand people, as soon as I leave the sand people enclave I die instantly for some reason. Does anyone know of any potential fixes so I can progress in the game? Thanks
 LDR
07-13-2011, 1:42 AM
Welcome to the forums! :waive1:

Now, I'm no expert. But maybe it has something to do with the VMWare Image of Windows XP? Because I run KOTOR on my regular Windows 7 computer, and it works fine.
 Landowns
07-13-2011, 3:18 AM
Well, I installed and ran the game on Windows 7 and it was terrible. Crashed every 2 seconds. It works considerably better on the Windows XP image (only crashes every hour or so, lol). The only instance like this that it kept crashing was when I was arriving at Dantooine, and that was because I needed to disable the grass. Any more thoughts?
 TimBob12
07-13-2011, 11:59 AM
What specs are the computer. If your PC can run Windows 7 it should run Kotor no probs.
 Landowns
07-13-2011, 8:05 PM
Dell XPS L501X
Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU - 1.73 GHz
6.00 GB RAM (though only 512 MB are being utilized by VMWare)
Video Card: NVidia Geforce GT 435M

Remember I am running the game in a Windows XP VMWare image. I don't think it has anything to do with my computer not being good enough, more likely just a setting or something somewhere that needs to be modified. I just tried the common fix of adding the "disable vertex buffer objects" thiug to the .ini file, and no luck.
 Landowns
07-13-2011, 8:34 PM
I'm not real familiar with how VMWare works, but I just ran a Scan Hardware from the game's Configure options, and it said that my video was VMWare SVGA II 256MB, in case this matters.
Page: 1 of 1