Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making a custom icon (HELP!)

Page: 1 of 1
 Elite Duck
05-16-2011, 4:09 PM
Hi, I've been making a custom Jedi robe skin mod. I've managed to get a unique item with a skin working, and now I need to do the icon. The problem is that the uti file is called g_a_goldrobe and the skin is PMBI248. The icon is called ia_goldrobe_248. I've read the tutorials and it says to do this, in game the icon is just a white null box. What have I done wrong?
 Ferc Kast
05-16-2011, 4:44 PM
Hi, I've been making a custom Jedi robe skin mod. I've managed to get a unique item with a skin working, and now I need to do the icon. The problem is that the uti file is called g_a_goldrobe and the skin is PMBI248. The icon is called ia_goldrobe_248. I've read the tutorials and it says to do this, in game the icon is just a white null box. What have I done wrong?

What game is it for? And, what is the base item it uses? (You can find out from the first tab of the uti editor in KotOR Tool) The problem is that the uti name doesn't affect the icon name; You can find out what to name icons in baseitems.2da, based upon the baseitem that KotOR Tool tells you that your item is. :) Here are the various Jedi robe icon naming systems.

KotOR I:
Jedi Robe - ia_jedirobe_xxx.tga
Knight Robe - ia_kghtrobe_xxx.tga
Master Robe - ia_mstrrobe_xxx.tga
Revan Robe - ia_revan_xxx.tga
KotOR II:
Jedi Robe - ia_JediRobexxx.tga
Jedi Knight/Master Robe - ia_MstrRobexxx.tga
Zeison Sha Robe - ia_ClassZS_xxx.tga
 Elite Duck
05-17-2011, 2:38 PM
What game is it for? And, what is the base item it uses? (You can find out from the first tab of the uti editor in KotOR Tool) The problem is that the uti name doesn't affect the icon name; You can find out what to name icons in baseitems.2da, based upon the baseitem that KotOR Tool tells you that your item is. :) Here are the various Jedi robe icon naming systems.

KotOR I:
Jedi Robe - ia_jedirobe_xxx.tga
Knight Robe - ia_kghtrobe_xxx.tga
Master Robe - ia_mstrrobe_xxx.tga
KotOR II:
Jedi Robe - ia_JediRobexxx.tga
Jedi Knight/Master Robe - ia_MstrRobexxx.tga
Zeison Sha Robe - ia_ClassZS_xxx.tga

Brilliant! Thanks! It's all working, now I just need to put it in a box somewhere and It'll be done.
Page: 1 of 1