Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Holster weapons mod request for KOTOR 2

Page: 1 of 1
 lexm1979
05-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Has anyone created a mod for Kotor 2 that will allow characters to put away their weapons when not in combat?
It would be nice to see lightsabers appear on a character's belt. The game already has animations for drawing weapons.
 lexm1979
05-14-2011, 10:23 AM
I would really love to see this done. With all the great mods everyone has, seeing weapons holstered would complete this game.
 LordVader1
05-14-2011, 10:40 AM
I Dont Think so anyone made a mod like that
 Confederal_Republic
05-14-2011, 10:41 AM
I would really love to see this done. With all the great mods everyone has, seeing weapons holstered would complete this game.

I haven't played either of the games since last year, so I'm not certain whether this pertains to both or just one of them, but I remember a button/fuction that allowed you to equip and unequip a weapon by pressing it without going into any menus. It was actually pretty great if you used lightsabers, since it was like you Force-pulled them from under your robe and activated them/it with an introductory swirl. Lol. Which game was this in?

But for other weapons, I agree. Something like this would be great.
 lexm1979
05-14-2011, 10:59 AM
I haven't played either of the games since last year, so I'm not certain whether this pertains to both or just one of them, but I remember a button/fuction that allowed you to equip and unequip a weapon by pressing it without going into any menus. It was actually pretty great if you used lightsabers, since it was like you Force-pulled them from under your robe and activated them/it with an introductory swirl. Lol. Which game was this in?

This particular request is for KOTOR 2, although I would love it for both games.
 Bullobrien
05-14-2011, 1:57 PM
there are a couple mods that hide weapons when animations are occurring. Possible starting point?
 lexm1979
05-14-2011, 2:52 PM
Maybe....

Xiskio's Holster Weapons Mod gives you an armband that unequips (hides) weapons. But it only works for KOTOR 1. Is it possible for someone to continue that project for KOTOR 2 but make the lightsabers show up on the force user's belt? Or even better.... make it so that when the lightsaber is off, it is placed on the belt instead of in-hand.
 Dak Drexl
05-14-2011, 3:33 PM
Maybe....

Xiskio's Holster Weapons Mod gives you an armband that unequips (hides) weapons. But it only works for KOTOR 1. Is it possible for someone to continue that project for KOTOR 2 but make the lightsabers show up on the force user's belt? Or even better.... make it so that when the lightsaber is off, it is placed on the belt instead of in-hand.

Well it doesn't exist for TSL because that function is already built into the game (the unequip/equip weapons button). As for the belt thing, it's easier said than done - we only have so much we can do with animations in the kotor games. I'm thinking it's pretty much impossible, but if I remember correctly, "Hunter's Run" may have been onto something like this. Him and Khrizby are the guys known for animations around here.
 harark1
05-15-2011, 12:16 PM

That was tsl.
Page: 1 of 1