Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Question about female models in KOTOR and TSL

Page: 1 of 1
 Bullobrien
05-12-2011, 6:47 PM
From what I can tell there are 3 separate models for the PC in KOTOR but only one in TSL. Is this correct or am I missing some?

Also... if this is the case does the one model for PCs in TSL overlap with one of the models from KOTOR? I am thinking about a skin for both games and wanted to use one model rather than having to skin two separate ones.

thanks in advance for the info

Bull
 redrob41
05-13-2011, 6:41 PM
in TSL, all of the armour bodies are the same size as the medium bodies from K1; they also have the same uvw maps, so reskinned armour textures will work in both games. To avoid porting issues, always start with a texture that is available in both games.

For the underwear models, the K1 small (scoundrel) is the same basic shape as the TSL (medium only) model, and they have the same basic uvw map. Only the size is really different. For the most part, textures could work for both, but porting becomes more likely, since the vanilla textures aren't exactly the same for both games.

The K1 default clothes for all three classes are still available in TSL, they're just renamed and not used in-game. As for the K1 style Jedi robes, only the large (soldier) male model and medium (scout) female are available in TSL.
 Bullobrien
05-14-2011, 12:13 AM
in TSL, all of the armour bodies are the same size as the medium bodies from K1; they also have the same uvw maps, so reskinned armour textures will work in both games. To avoid porting issues, always start with a texture that is available in both games.

For the underwear models, the K1 small (scoundrel) is the same basic shape as the TSL (medium only) model, and they have the same basic uvw map. Only the size is really different. For the most part, textures could work for both, but porting becomes more likely, since the vanilla textures aren't exactly the same for both games.

The K1 default clothes for all three classes are still available in TSL, they're just renamed and not used in-game. As for the K1 style Jedi robes, only the large (soldier) male model and medium (scout) female are available in TSL.

Thanks. This is what I thought. Appreciate the confirmation

At the risk of being annoying question guy.... Is there a way to turn off head gear for a specific character in the games? via a 2da change perhaps? Or is the only solution the one provided via Shem's mod using the Null model which would turn them off for all?
Page: 1 of 1