Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

error installing k2 Pleese help

Page: 1 of 1
 birthdaycake13
05-03-2011, 5:01 PM
ok i dont know what the problem is, i am trying to reinstall kotor 2 but when i put in disc four it says, setup could not find the file. then i opened it up in windows exploror and clicked on the disk file data5 and it would not open it said this file is damaged and cannot be opened. i do not understand the disk is in mint condition.
and i am very sorry to the moderators and everyone else for posting in the wrong forum
 Qui-Gon Glenn
05-03-2011, 7:29 PM
First, birthdaycake13, this is the wrong forum! Should be in The Workbench, as I think you know.

Second, how do you know that it is "damaged"? Did Windows tell you this when you opened up the disc through Windows Explorer? What exactly did the OS tell you?

Third, is your disc 4 clean? Rinse it with some clean water, wipe it off radially from the center with a clean lint-free cloth, and give it another shot. After the cleaning, if there is an obvious scratch, that would be your "damage"... otherwise, I am not sure how a CD/DVD data file would become "damaged".

Weird.

Since your main game disc is working fine, I would recommend you find a local friend with the game and just copy his Disc 4; that will not present any problems. If there are no local friends with the game, I think you can figure out sources to find that disc... there are "places"
 TimBob12
05-04-2011, 2:19 AM
AS I am aware downloading a game is not illegal if you own that game. Therefore you could do that and therefore this is not promoting illegal activity.
Page: 1 of 1