Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Modding Help

Page: 1 of 1
 TheCrusher347
04-24-2011, 2:19 PM
Does anyone know how to add your own campaign maps to the campaign menu in the game?
 Hawk 0032
04-24-2011, 6:29 PM
You must overwrite the Original Maps.
 SITH LORD 872
04-24-2011, 7:32 PM
Meaning you would have to back up all the original files, Or you might have game crashes!!
 TheCrusher347
04-25-2011, 7:05 AM
So when I back it up, now how do I add my campaign maps to the campaign menu?
 frazscotland
04-26-2011, 2:10 PM
You have made campaign maps extra ?
look at the order the maps appear as and name them the same !!
then look in the SYSTEM folder and copy /edit the levelloadinginfo.INT and the campaign cards also to suit !
 TheCrusher347
04-29-2011, 10:21 PM
I mean like put my map name (like inflitrate Kamino or something) and put it on the campaign menu with the Geo, AS, and Kash missions
 frazscotland
04-30-2011, 11:04 PM
We all just told u like above crusher ! u name your map the same as the map you want to replace in the order the maps appear as in SP ! then edit your level load info.INT etc and the ras or geo or yyy titlecard
 TheCrusher347
05-03-2011, 7:27 AM
Is it possible to change the name on the campaign menu though?
 HockeyGoalie35
05-03-2011, 6:00 PM
Yes, but its really complicated. it involves stuff inside the scripts in Unreal editor. i forgot how to do it though....
 TheCrusher347
05-04-2011, 4:56 PM
Do you know anyone who does?
 VI
05-05-2011, 4:56 AM
i know how it works and i would recommend not to do it.
it would definatly require scripting.
have been working with menu's and it's very annoying. you can't open the default properties of the class and it crashes often when you save the package.

will maybe try to make a new missionselectionmenu later.

EDIT:found the menu you'd need to modify. will have a look at it. the number of selectable missions is hardcoded so you'd have to make a new menu if you don't want to overwrite existing missions.
the class is in the actorbrowser of the unrealED. untick "placeable classes only?" go to menu->menubase->menutemplatetitled->menutemplatetitledB->menutemplatetitledBA->CTCampaignMenu. open the default properties of it, go to the categorie CTCampaignMenu and there you will find the settings of the menu. that includes the names of the missions that get started(YYY_SubMissionDescs for example), the textures of the symbols for the planets(assaultship->blurred->widgettexture for example) and the names of the mapfiles(YYY_SubMissions).
could crash when you open the defaultproperties. oh and if you save your new settings it should work but you won't be able to join mp-servers anymore. overwritting existing files damages the online compability. i'd make a subclass of it, and start it via another menu or something like that( but that'd also require scripting :P). hope that helped.
 frazscotland
05-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Yes its exactly as CCP above explains ! Whenever ive tried this editing the submissions it says it updates props then reverts to the original SCRIPTED ! and whenever i try to edit the script and update /save pakage ..... it crashes !!! baah
Perhaps need to create a new CTCampaign menu class but keep it the same name pakage but SAVE in a different location ?? not tried that yet !

I think theres only 1 mod i can think of that has the key of how to do this answer and its THE KASHYYYK FILES mission !

http://www.leveldesign101.com/#rc2)
Page: 1 of 1